Title: The Right Thing to Do
标题:应该做的事
INTRODUCTION
内容简介
In this play a man is lying in the street. Three different people stop and look.
在本剧中,一个男人躺在大街上。三个路人停下脚步来观望。
Perhaps the man needs help. But they don’t know him, so it’s not their problem, is it?
也许那个男人需要帮助,可他们不认识他,所以这不是他们的问题,对吗?
Then a woman in blue arrives and suddenly things are different.
接着,一个蓝衣女人走过来,事情突然变得不一样了。
CHARACTERS IN THE PLAY
剧中人物
Patrick
帕特里克
Rebecca
丽贝卡
David
戴维
Woman in blue
蓝衣女人
Michael Scott, a man lying in the street
迈克尔·斯科特,躺在大街上的男人
Doctor
医生
Nurse
护士
PERFORMANCE NOTES
场景说明
For this play you will need a small bottle of pills, a glass of water, blue clothes for the woman, a white coat for the doctor, and perhaps special clothes for the nurse.
演这部剧,你将需要一小瓶药丸、一杯水、蓝色女装、一件医生穿的白大褂,也许还要护士制服。
Scene: A man is lying in the street. Rebecca is walking past. She stops and looks at him, then she looks around her – there is nobody there. She starts to walk away, stops, and goes back to look at the man again. Patrick walks past and stops to look at the man.
场景:一个男人躺在大街上。丽贝卡走过时,停下脚步看看他,又环顾四周——周围一个人都没有。她准备走开,却又停下脚步,转回来再次看着那个男人。帕特里克走过时,也停下脚步看着那个男人。
PATRICK: What’s the matter with him?
帕特里克:他怎么了?
REBECCA: I don’t know.
丽贝卡:我不知道。
PATRICK: Is he dead?
帕特里克:他死了吗?
REBECCA: No, he’s alive, I think.
丽贝卡:不,我想他还活着。
PATRICK: Are you going to help him?
帕特里克:你打算帮他吗?
REBECCA: Me? Why me?
丽贝卡:我?为什么是我?
PATRICK: You were here first.
帕特里克:你先到这儿的。
REBECCA: Yes, I was, but—
丽贝卡:是我先到的,不过——
DAVID: What’s the matter with him?
戴维:他怎么了?
PATRICK: We don’t know.
帕特里克:我们不知道。
DAVID: He looks ill.
戴维:他看上去像是不舒服。
REBECCA: His eyes are closed. Look!
丽贝卡:他的眼睛是闭着的。瞧!
DAVID: Perhaps he’s asleep.
戴维:也许他是睡着了。
REBECCA: Asleep? In the street?
丽贝卡:睡着了?在大街上?
PATRICK: Wake him up then.
帕特里克:那把他叫醒吧。
DAVID: Why me? You do it.
戴维:为什么是我?你来把他叫醒。
PATRICK: (To Rebecca) What about you?
帕特里克:(对丽贝卡)你来怎么样?
REBECCA: Me?
丽贝卡:我?
PATRICK: Yes. You were here first.
帕特里克:是呀。你先到这儿的。
REBECCA: Yes, but it’s not my problem.
丽贝卡:你说得没错,不过这不是我的问题。
DAVID: And it’s not my problem!
戴维:这也不是我的问题!
A woman in blue comes in. She kneels down at once to help the man.
一个蓝衣女人走过来。她立刻跪下来帮助那个男人。
REBECCA: Hey, what are you doing?
丽贝卡:嘿,你在干什么?
WOMAN: I’m helping this man, of course!
蓝衣女人:我当然是在帮助这个人!
DAVID: Are you a doctor?
戴维:你是医生吗?
WOMAN: No, I’m not, but he needs help.
蓝衣女人:不,我不是,但他需要帮助。
REBECCA: Do you know him?
丽贝卡:你认识他吗?
WOMAN: No, I don’t.
蓝衣女人:不,我不认识他。
REBECCA: Then he’s not your problem.
丽贝卡:那他就不是你的问题。
WOMAN: Oh, be quiet!
蓝衣女人:嘿,安静!
REBECCA: (To the others) Did you hear that? She said, ‘Be quiet!’
丽贝卡:(对其他人)你们听见了吗?她说“安静!”
WOMAN: Be quiet and help.
蓝衣女人:安静,过来帮忙。
REBECCA: She said it again!
丽贝卡:她又说了这话!
WOMAN: (To David) Go and call an ambulance.
蓝衣女人:(对戴维)去叫救护车。
DAVID: Me?
戴维:我?
WOMAN: Yes, you. And be quick.
蓝衣女人:是的,就是你。赶快去。
DAVID: But—
戴维:可是——
WOMAN: Be quick! (David goes away.) Now you – (turning to Rebecca) go and get some water.
蓝衣女人:赶快!(戴维离开。)现在,你——(转向丽贝卡)去弄些水来。
REBECCA: Where from?
丽贝卡:到哪里弄?
WOMAN: From that house over there. Don’t look at me like that. Go!
蓝衣女人:到那边的那座房子。别那样看着我。快去!
REBECCA: I’m going. (Rebecca goes away.)
丽贝卡:我这就去。(丽贝卡离开。)
WOMAN: (To Patrick) Feel his pulse.
蓝衣女人:(对帕特里克)测他的脉搏。
PATRICK: But I—
帕特里克:可是我——
WOMAN: Go on! Feel his pulse.
蓝衣女人:来呀!测他的脉搏。
PATRICK: (Kneeling down and taking the man’s pulse) Well, he’s still alive. He’s saying something!
帕特里克:(跪下测那个男人的脉搏)哦,他还活着。他在说些什么!
WOMAN: What is he saying?
蓝衣女人:他在说什么?
PATRICK: He said, ‘Pills,’ I think.
帕特里克:我想他说的是“药丸”。
WOMAN: (To Patrick) Pills? Look in his pocket.
蓝衣女人:(对帕特里克)药丸?看看他的口袋。
PATRICK: I can’t do that!
帕特里克:我不能那样做!
WOMAN: Look in his pocket!
蓝衣女人:看看他的口袋!
PATRICK: (Looks in the man’s coat pocket) There’s a bottle with some writing on it.
帕特里克:(看了看那个男人的外套口袋)里面有个瓶子,上面写了一些字。
WOMAN: What does it say? Read it!
蓝衣女人:写的是什么?念一下!
PATRICK: It says, ‘For the heart. If you feel ill, take one of these pills.’
帕特里克:上面写着:“适用于心脏问题。如果感觉不适,服用一粒药丸。”
Rebecca comes back with a glass of water.
丽贝卡端着一杯水回来。
REBECCA: I’ve got the water.
丽贝卡:我弄到水了。
WOMAN: Good. (To Patrick) Give him one of the pills with some water.
蓝衣女人:好。(对帕特里克)用水给他服一粒药丸。
Patrick helps the man to sit up. He gives him a pill and some water.
帕特里克扶那个男人坐起来,给他一粒药丸和一些水。
MAN: (Very quietly) Thank you, thank you!
男人:(声音微弱地)谢谢你,谢谢你!
PATRICK: How do you feel?
帕特里克:你感觉怎么样?
MAN: A little better now.
男人:现在好点了。
The woman in blue goes away. The others do not see this. David comes running back.
蓝衣女人离开,但其他人没有看见。戴维跑回来。
DAVID: The ambulance is coming.
戴维:救护车马上就来。
PATRICK: Good.
帕特里克:那就好。
DAVID: How is he?
戴维:他怎么样?
REBECCA: He’s feeling a little better.
丽贝卡:他感觉好点了。
A doctor and a nurse come in. Patrick stands up.
一位医生和一位护士走过来。帕特里克站起来。
DOCTOR: (Kneeling down by the man) What’s the matter?
医生:(跪在那个男人身旁)怎么回事?
MAN: I was ill. It was my heart. That man gave me one of my pills. I’m all right now.
男人:我觉得不舒服,是心脏的毛病。那个人给我服了一粒我带的药丸。我现在没事了。
The doctor and the nurse help him to stand up.
医生和护士扶他站起来。
NURSE: What’s your name?
护士:你叫什么名字?
MAN: Scott. Michael Scott.
男人:斯科特,迈克尔·斯科特。
DOCTOR: Michael Scott, the famous TV chef?
医生:迈克尔·斯科特,电视上那位著名的大厨?
MAN: Yes, that’s right.
男人:是的,没错。
NURSE: Come with us, Mr Scott. We’d like to take you to hospital.
护士:跟我们走吧,斯科特先生。我们要送你去医院。
MAN: But I feel better now.
男人:但我现在感觉好些了。
NURSE: Perhaps, but you must go to hospital.
护士:可能是这样。不过你还是得上医院。
MAN: All right. (Turning to the others) Well, thank you very much, everybody.
男人:好吧。(转向其他人)对了,非常感谢各位。
DAVID: That’s all right.
戴维:别客气。
REBECCA: We’re happy to help.
丽贝卡:我们很乐意帮忙。
PATRICK: Get well soon.
帕特里克:祝你早日康复。
MAN: Thank you again. Goodbye!
男人:再次表示感谢,再见!
The doctor and the nurse help Scott to walk away.
医生和护士搀扶斯科特离开。
REBECCA: He’s alive, and he’s going to be OK.
丽贝卡:他还活着,他会没事的。
PATRICK: He’s alive because we were here.
帕特里克:他还活着,是因为我们刚才在这儿。
DAVID: Michael Scott—
戴维:迈克尔·斯科特——
REBECCA: The famous TV chef!
丽贝卡:电视上那位著名的大厨!
PATRICK: We can all feel very pleased, I think.
帕特里克:我想我们都有资格感到非常高兴。
REBECCA: Oh yes, we can.
丽贝卡:哦,是的,没错。
DAVID: What about the woman?
戴维:那个女人呢?
REBECCA: Which woman?
丽贝卡:哪个女人?
DAVID: The woman who helped. Where is she?
戴维:刚才帮忙的那个女人,她去哪里了?
PATRICK: Oh, her! I remember. She didn’t help us.
帕特里克:哦,她呀!我记得她。她并没有帮助我们。
DAVID: ‘Do this, do that,’ she said. ‘Be quick!’
戴维:“做这个,做那个。”她说,“赶快!”
REBECCA: She said, ‘Be quiet,’ to me.
丽贝卡:她对我说,“安静。”
PATRICK: That’s right. I didn’t like her. Did you?
帕特里克:没错。我不喜欢她。你呢?
REBECCA: No, I didn’t. Where is she now?
丽贝卡:不,我也不喜欢她。她现在去哪里了?
PATRICK: She walked away.
帕特里克:她走了。
DAVID: That’s right – she just walked away. She didn’t want to help.
戴维:没错——她就那样走了。她并不想帮忙。
REBECCA: We did everything.
丽贝卡:所有的事情都是我们做的。
DAVID: Yeah. Everything.
戴维:是呀。所有的事情。
PATRICK: Today was an important day for us.
帕特里克:今天对我们来说是重要的一天。
DAVID: It was. We helped someone famous.
戴维:是的。我们帮助了一位名人。
REBECCA: Because of us he didn’t die.
丽贝卡:因为我们他才没有丢掉性命。
DAVID: We were there for him.
戴维:是我们帮助了他。
PATRICK: It was the right thing to do.
帕特里克:这是应该做的事。
REBECCA: Yes, it was. Well done, everybody!
丽贝卡:对。两位干得漂亮!
DAVID: (To Rebecca) And well done to you—
戴维:(对丽贝卡)你也干得漂亮——
PATRICK: Well done to all of us!
帕特里克:我们大家都干得漂亮!
0 条评论