
WOLF, meeting with a Lamb astray from the fold, resolved not to lay violent hands on him, but to find some plea to justify to the Lamb the Wolf’s right to eat him. —- 狼遇到一只迷失羊羔,决定不对他施暴,而是要找到一些理由来为狼吃掉他辩护。 —-
He thus addressed him: “Sirrah, last year you grossly insulted me. —- 他向羊说:“喂,去年你极其侮辱了我。” —-
” “Indeed,” bleated the Lamb in a mournful tone of voice, “I was not then born. —- “确实,”羊哀伤地咩咩叫道,“那时我还没有出生。” —-
” Then said the Wolf, “You feed in my pasture. —- 于是狼说:“你占用了我的牧场。” —-

” “No, good sir,” replied the Lamb, “I have not yet tasted grass. —- “不,先生,”羔羊回答道,“我还没有尝过草。” —-
” Again said the Wolf, “You drink of my well. —- 狼又说:“你喝我的水。” —-
” “No,” exclaimed the Lamb, “I never yet drank water, for as yet my mother’s milk is both food and drink to me. —- “不,”羔羊惊呼,“我从来没有喝过水,到现在为止母亲的奶就是我的食物和饮水。” —-
” Upon which the Wolf seized him and ate him up, saying, “Well! —- 于是狼抓住他,把他吃了,说道:“那么!—-
I won’t remain supperless, even though you refute every one of my imputations. —- 我不会让自己空着肚子,即使你反驳了我的所有指控。” —-
” The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny. 暴君总能找到暴行的借口。
0 条评论