‘It — it’s OK,’ he said. ‘You can have this table. I don’t want it.’ And he began to move away.
“没事,没事,”他说。这张桌子给你吧。“我不要了。”他开始走开。
‘Excuse me,’ somebody said. ‘Can I sit with you?’
“对不起,”有人说。我可以和你一起坐吗?
Nick took the evening ferry back to Vancouver. He was tired and hungry, so he went down to get some dinner in the ferry restaurant.
尼克乘夜班渡轮回温哥华。他又累又饿,所以他去渡口餐馆吃晚饭。
Nick looked up. There was a pretty girl next to his table. He got up.
尼克抬起头来。桌子旁边有一个漂亮的女孩。他站起来了。
‘Please don’t go,’ the girl said. ‘Stay and finish your dinner.’ She smiled at him. It was a nice smile.
“请不要走,”女孩说。“留下来,吃完晚饭。”她朝他微笑。这是一个很好的微笑。
‘I’m not hungry,’ he said.
“我不饿,”他说。
And he walked quickly out of the restaurant.
然后快速的走出了餐厅。
But Nick knew all about nice smiles.
但是尼克知道微笑的一切。
The restaurant was busy and there was only one free table. Nick sat down quickly and began to eat. ‘I must get back to work tomorrow,’ he thought, ‘and forget about millionaires’ daughters and men with guns.’
餐馆很忙,只有一张空桌。尼克很快坐下,开始吃东西。“我明天必须回去工作,”他想,“忘掉百万富翁的女儿和持枪的男人。”
第一章: 神秘女孩儿《别了,好莱坞先生》| 书虫·牛津英汉双语读物免费在线阅读
It all began on a beautiful spring 阅读更多
0 条评论