Hot dogs and mustard.

热狗和芥末。

I’ll remind you, Richard.

我会提醒你的,Richard。

Well, he’s asleep — finally.

好了,他终于睡着了。

and giving up your free time.

放弃你的闲暇时间。

I wish I had one now.

我真希望现在就来一个。

I might as well take it along.

我还是一道带着。

tomorrow morning before we leave.

在明天早上临走之前。

Oh, I sure do.

哦,我当然记得。

And, oh, does anybody want ketchup?

噢,有人要蕃茄酱吗?

I have to remember to put them in the bag

我必须记得将它们放进袋里

It hurts so much when a baby gets his first teeth.

小孩子长第一颗牙齿时好痛哟。

and Susan and Robbie to Jones Beach?

Susan、Robbie去Jones海滨的事吗?

We’d wait until dark and make a fire,

我们等到天黑就升火,

He’s teething.

他正在长牙齿。

Susan and Harry have a sitter for Michelle in the city,

Susan和Harry在城里给Michelle找到一位临时保姆,

we really appreciate your taking care of Max for the weekend

我们真心感谢你在周末照顾Max,

Oh, poor baby.

噢,可怜的小宝贝。

I guess Max is asleep by now.

我想Max现在已经睡觉了。

Mom,

妈,

I love doing it.

我爱这样做。

and I’m taking care of Max.

我就来照顾Max。

Hot dogs. I love hot dogs.

热狗。我喜欢热狗。

I am happy to do it for you.

我很高兴为你们做这件事。

Do you remember when Daddy and I used to take you

你还记得爸爸和我常带你、

There is nothing better than a hot dog in the country.

在美国没有比热狗更好的东西了。

Cooked outdoors over an open fire.

在户外的火堆上烤。

and we’d cook the hot dogs.

然后烤热狗。

It’s no big deal.

这没有什么。

He’s not crying anymore.

他不再哭了。

Oh, don’t forget the mustard.

噢,不要忘了芥末。

And now to make sure we’ve got the hamburger patties.

再来,务必要带汉堡碎肉饼。

I feel so bad for him.

我为他难过。

and leaving you with the full responsibility of taking care of Max.

还要把照顾Max的全部责任留给你。

Well, he wakes up several times during the night,

噢,他一夜醒了好几次,

Remember your father-in-law’s a pediatrician.

记住你公公是小儿科医师。

He’ll be fine, Marilyn.

他不会有事的,Marilyn。

Try putting him across your lap on his stomach.

试试让他趴着睡在你大腿上。

Tomorrow night we’ll be camping out in tents.

明天晚上我们将露宿在帐蓬里。

and the pain is so bad.

疼得很厉害。

When are Susan and Harry picking you up, Marilyn?

Susan和Harry什么时候来接你们,Marilyn?

He likes that.

他喜欢那样。

And you’ll have a full day in the country.

你们就可以在乡下待一整天啦。

I’ll try it.

我试试吧。

I agree, Marilyn.

我同意,Marilyn。

Thanks, Richard.

谢谢,Richard。

That’s nice.

很好。

I’m really concerned about going away for the weekend, Ellen,

我这个周末出门实在放心不下,Ellen,

And a full night.

还有一整夜。

I wish he felt better.

我真希望他现在好一点。

Especially with his teething.

特别是他现在开始长牙。

We really don’t have to be overly concerned.

我们真的不需要过分担心。

You’re going to have the time of your lives.

你们将会玩得非常痛快。

We have a live-in doctor if there’s a problem I can’t handle.

假如我遇到不能解决的问题,我们还有位驻家医生。

so we can get an early start.

这样我们可以早点出发。

They’re coming by at six tomorrow morning,

他们明天早晨六点钟过来,

Please don’t worry, Marilyn.

请别担心,Marilyn。

We’ll be heading back late in the afternoon.

我们会在黄昏时打道回府。

And coming home on Sunday?

星期日回来是吗?

I’ll go upstairs and stay with him until he falls asleep again.

我上楼去陪他,直到他又睡着。

We’ll have a great time camping out, I’m sure.

我确定我们会在露营时玩得很开心。

It will be my great pleasure, Marilyn.

我也会很愉快的,Marilyn。

It’s in the right-hand drawer, next to the bottle openers.

在右边的抽屉里,就在开瓶器旁边。

I hope he’s good when we’re away.

我希望我们不在时,他很乖。

Well, here’s the bottle opener, and here’s the flashlight.

哦,这是开瓶器,这是手电筒。

Camping out is such great fun.

露营是件非常好玩的事。

Matches.

火柴。

Remember, it’s only one night.

记住,只不过一个晚上。

Now, to check the list of things we need for the camping trip.

现在,让我们检查一下露营旅行所需物品的清单吧。

And we’re bringing the ketchup, mustard, relish — all that stuff.

我们还要带蕃茄酱、芥末、调味酱--诸如此类的东西。

And cooking utensils.

还有厨具。

And let’s not forget our cassette player and some tapes.

还别忘了带上我们的卡式录音机和一些录音带。

And don’t forget your camera and film, Richard.

别忘了你的照相机和底片,Richard。

Well, so do I.

嗯,我也希望如此。

But I’m still a little worried about you, Ellen.

但我还是有点牵挂着你,Ellen。

I can’t build a fire by rubbing two pieces of wood together.

我总不能靠着磨擦两片木柴来取火吧。

For when we build our campfire.

用来生营火的。

Matches?

火柴?

Do we have a bottle opener on the list, Marilyn?

清单上有开瓶器吗,Marilyn?

No. No bottle opener.

没有,没有开瓶器。

He’s asleep.

他睡着了。

Thanks, honey.

谢谢,亲爱的。

No.

不是。

Is that one of the things Susan and Harry are bringing?

那是不是属于Susan和Harry要带的?

I think he’ll sleep through the night now.

我想他现在会睡到天亮。

Yes, of course.

是的,当然。

All packed and ready.

都打包好了。

We need to bring a flashlight.

我们需要带一个手电筒。

An audio diary.

来一段录音日记。

You have the spirit of a teenager, Susan.

你有一股青少年的朝气,Susan。

We’ll set up our tents over there by the edge of the woods.

我们在林边搭帐蓬。

That’s what I love about Susan.

这就是我爱Susan的一点。

is my idea of heaven!

正是我所谓的天堂!

To be away from the city on such a beautiful day

在这样美好的一天远离都市,

She works hard.

工作起来拼命,

Oh, that’s a nice idea.

噢,这是个好主意。

Well, we’ll put everything over there.

嗯,我们将所有的东西都放在那边。

Come on, Richard.

过来,Richard。

I love it!

我太喜欢了!

so that we can record our thoughts about the trip.

以便我们能录下旅行中的感想。

Aren’t you hungry, Marilyn?

你不饿吗,Marilyn?

Help me get this stuff out of the car.

帮我将这些东西拿下车子。

When you’re out in the fresh air like this, it makes you hungry.

当你来外面呼吸这么新鲜的空气时,就很容易饿。

She plays hard.

玩起来也拼命。

Oh, there’s our table and benches.

哦,那是我们的桌子和长板凳。

We just got here.

我们才刚刚到这儿。

The grass. The trees. The fresh air.

草地、树木、新鲜空气。

Where does it go?

放在哪儿?

I told you you’d like it. I’ve been doing this for years.

我告诉过你你会喜欢的。我多年来一直从事这项活动。

Got it!

找到了!

Is anybody hungry?

有人饿了吗?

Then we’ll be able to make our fire there where it’s safe.

然后我们就可以在那儿找一个安全的地方生火了。

All set for eating.

吃饭用的一切都准备好了。

She’s a real Stewart.

她是一个真正的Stewart家人。

Some music tapes and some blank tapes

带一些音乐带和一些空白带

That’s what makes this spot so good.

那就是为什么这个地点这样好的道理。

Wait till you see yourself jumping around.

等着看你那到处乱蹦的样子吧。

I am.

我饿了。

That’s what I thought.

我就是这么想的。

The cassette player and the tapes.

卡式录音机和录音带。

Oh, I love it!

哦,我太喜欢了!

This is heaven, Harry!

这简直是天堂,Harry!

Marilyn, Susan, let’s not begin to worry about Michelle and Max.

Marilyn,Susan,不要开始担心Michelle和Max。

how could a guy not be hungry with all this talk about eating?

当大家都在谈吃的,谁能不饿呢?

How about you, Richard?

你呢,Richard?

I sure am.

我确实饿了。

Starving.

很饿。

I mean,

我的意思是,

Good.

好。

We’re having a good time, and they’re in good hands.

我们玩得痛快,他们也得到很好的照顾。

I wish we had brought Max.

我也希望带了Max来。

and I will bring the cola and the plastic cups.

我拿可乐和塑胶杯来。

Put the tablecloth on the picnic table,

将桌巾??在野餐桌上,

We’re in the country.

我们在乡村。

and this wonderful weather.

和这种美好的天气吧。

Aren’t you hungry, Harry?

你不饿吗,Harry?

She would have loved it.

她会喜欢这里的。

Me, neither.

我也没有过。

Oh, you’re right.

哦,你说得对。

You haven’t answered my question.

你没有回答我的问题呢。

It was such a great idea to spend the weekend this way.

这样过周末的主意简直太棒了。

I’ve never been more relaxed.

我从来没像这样轻松过。

Richard is right.

Richard是对的。

Now that you mention it, I guess I am.

你们一提起来,我想我也饿了。

Where’s the bag with the chicken salad sandwiches?

放鸡肉沙拉叁明治的袋子在哪里?

Are you having a good time, Susan?

你玩得高兴吗,Susan?

Let’s all just enjoy this wonderful place

让我们大家就来享受这个美妙的地方

Right here, next to the ice packs. Here.

就在这里。在冰袋旁边。这儿。

I wish we had brought Michelle, Harry.

我真希望我们带了Michelle来,Harry。

I am having a good time, Harry.

我玩得很高兴,Harry,

You guys are like three kids.

你们就像叁个孩子。

Well, yeah.

嗯,饿啊。

Well, how do you like it so far?

好了,到现在为止,你们感觉怎么样?

I promise not to think about the city.

我保证不再去想城里的事。

The office seems so far away.

办公室好像变得那么遥远。

But we can!

但我们能!

We’ve only been here for a day,

我们到这里仅仅一天,

Wouldn’t it be wonderful?

那样岂不是太美妙了吗?

It puts you to sleep.

它让你很快入睡。

We could call it “Deep Sleep Country Air.”

我们可以称它为「沉睡的乡村空气」。

I’ve always liked camping out.

我一直喜欢露营。

It’s refreshing for me.

这是我提振精神的方法。

Just listen to the sound.

听听这些声音。

and I’ve completely forgotten about all my business problems.

但我已经彻底抛开了我所有的业务上的问题。

It’s so calming.

好宁谧。

I’m glad you like it, Susan.

我很高兴你喜欢它,Susan。

So does the sound.

这些声音也是。

And next time we’ll bring Michelle.

下次我们要带Michelle来。

I can hardly keep my eyes open.

我简直睁不开眼睛了。

It’s like a special music.

它就像是一种特别的音乐。

It’s so soothing.

是这样的安详。

I wish she were here with us to enjoy the country.

我真希望现在她就和我们在一起享受这乡村美景。

Thanks, Susan.

谢谢你,Susan。

I always go back to the city in a wonderful state of mind.

我再回到城里时,精神总是十分饱满。

I’ve been having a hard time keeping my eyes open

我一直挣扎着要让双眼睁开,

Listen to the sounds of the summer that surround us.

仔细倾听环绕我们的夏夜声息。

Like it?

喜欢?

Away from the telephones and account books.

远离电话和帐簿。

Bottle the sound.

将声音装起来呀。

We’ll spend many more weekends like this.

我们以后可以多度几次这样的周末。

I thought you’d all like it.

我料想你们都会喜欢的。

just listening to it.

听着这些声音时。

I love it!

我爱上它了!

And next time we’ll bring Michelle.

下次我们带Michelle来。

If only we could bottle the fresh air.

要是我们能用瓶子将新鲜空气装回去多好。

Too bad we can’t bottle the sound.

不能将声音装瓶真是太可惜了。

Can what?

能做什么?

Oh, yes.

噢,是的。

Neither can you.

你也不能入睡。

My mother knows all there is to know

我母亲完全懂得

What are you talking about?

你在说什么?

What did I tell you?

我不是告诉过你吗?

I went to the supermarket to get a few things,

我去一趟超级市场,买了几样东西,

I’m so glad everyone is asleep.

很高兴大家都睡了。

Nothing to worry about.

没有什么好担心的。

Great idea!

好主意!

Did you get a chance to get outside at all?

你有时间出门吗?

We had a great time, Mom.

我们玩得非常开心,妈。

Let’s put some of this stuff away and then take off.

让我们把部份东西拿出来,然后就走啦。

and I stayed out an extra half hour.

我还特别多待了半个小时。

Grandpa helped me yesterday afternoon.

昨天下午祖父帮我的忙。

Oh, nothing’s wrong, Richard.

噢,没有什么事,Richard。

But his teeth hurt, and he just can’t get to sleep, poor dear.

但他的牙疼,他不能入睡,可怜的小宝贝。

Believe me, Max is fine.

相信我,Max很好。

It was wonderful.

太好了。

Let’s do it!

我们来录!

How was your weekend?

你们的周末过得怎么样?

We’ve got a forty-minute drive into the city.

我们还要开四十分钟的车到城里去。

Oh, I’m fine.

噢,我很好。

Oh, yeah?

噢,做什么?

It was nice here, too.

这儿也很好。

Welcome home —

欢迎归来。

Something wrong?

有什么不对劲吗?

The weather couldn’t have been better.

天气再好不过了。

about taking care of babies, I assure you.

如何照顾小孩,我向你保证。

I’m sure everything is fine.

我确信一切都很好。

Oh, I feel so bad.

噢,我真抱歉。

I thought Max would be crying, and everybody would be awake.

我还以为Max会哭个不停,让大家都睡不着。

The village was filled with people — the weather was so nice.

镇上挤满了人,天气好的缘故。

and I do mean welcome home.

我真心欢迎你们回来。

Harry’s a professional camper, Mom.

Harry是露营专家,妈。

Say good-bye to Richard.

替我向Richard说声再见。

You were wonderful, Harry!

你真是了不起,Harry!

Uh, we’re home now, Ellen.

噢,我们现在到家了,Ellen。

What’s that?

那是什么?

I think we’d better head home.

我想我们最好上路回家啦。

It’s getting late, and we have a bit of a drive.

已经晚了,而我们还要开好一段路呢。

I’ll take care of it.

我来照顾。

He knows all there is to know,

他无所不知,

Lots of special country things.

有许多特别的乡村趣事。

We picked flowers.

我们采了花。

Everything smelled so special.

所有的东西都有一股特别的味道。

A little special country music.

一点特殊的乡村音乐。

Let’s see if it works.

让我们看看是不是有效果。

and he made the weekend very easy for us to enjoy.

使得我们的周末过得非常轻松愉快。

Good-bye.

再见。

Did you do anything special?

你们做了什么特别的事情吗?

We’ll take care of it.

我们去照顾。

It would have been great if we had been able to bottle the smells.

假如我们能将气味装瓶该有多好!

Oh!

噢!

Tell me more about your weekend.

多告诉我一点你们的周末。

We’ll call you all tomorrow night.

我们明天晚上打电话给你们。

Come on. You all helped.

别这样说。你们都帮了忙。

Why don’t you go to your room, Mom, and get some sleep.

为什么不到你的房间去,妈妈,去睡一会儿。

Oh, thanks, Harry.

噢,谢谢你,Harry。

Bye-bye.

再见。

Well, all your things are inside.

嗯,所有你们的东西都拿进来了。

It would be a great business if you could do that.

假如你能办到那样的话,可是一笔大生意。

Oh, I’m fine.

噢,我不要紧。

And we brought some home for you.

而且带了一些回来给你。

Bye, Mom.

再见,妈妈。

They smell wonderful.

闻起来很香。

It was so nice to be out in the country.

出去置身乡下真是太好了。

There’s your sleeping bag.

这是你们的睡袋。

Oh. Oh, where did you get that?

噢。噢,你们从哪儿弄来的?

I don’t know if I can get to sleep.

我不知道我能否睡得着。

Sounds of the country.

乡村音响。

Yes. It works!

不错。有效!

It works!

有效!

What works?

什么有效?

Like Max did.

就像Max一样。

Good night.

晚安。

I’m so tired I think I’m overtired.

我好累!我想我是累过头了。

The soothing sounds of the country.

安详的乡村音响。

I think I’m falling asleep.

我想我要睡着了。

It sounds so nice.

很好听。

This.

这个。

Max has stopped crying.

Max不哭了。

Bye.

再见。

Good night.

晚安。


yewandou

一个人要有坚强的毅力,否则他将一事无成

0 条评论

发表回复

您的邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注

蜀ICP备2025134762号 | 川公网安备51011202001092号 | 网站地图