we’ll surprise her.
我们再让她惊喜一下。
Would you like to give her a little farewell party?
你要不要为她举行一个小型欢送派对?
Yeah, they’re getting the assembly hall
是啊,他们在布置大礼堂,
have become good friends, haven’t you?
成了好朋友,不是吗?
Mom, that would be terrific!
那太棒了,妈!
Well, in that case,
嗯,既然这样,
Well, I suppose that might work.
嗯,我想这样或许可以奏效。
when she goes back to Greece.
她回去希腊时
She’s a terrific person.
她人很好。
Can I invite Alexandra to stay for dinner?
我可以请Alexandra留下来吃晚餐吗?
Thanks, Mom.
谢谢,妈。
Yes. I like her.
是的,我喜欢她。
Oh, I don’t know.
噢,这个我就不知道啦。
Well, now that you’re here,
嗯,既然你回来了,
You and Alexandra
你和Alexandra
Hi, Mom.
嗨,妈。
Of course.
当然可以。
Mom, give me a break.
妈,让我喘口气。
it’s a graduation party for me.
这是为我毕业所办的派对。
I’m going to miss her
我会想念她
you can wash the dishes and clean up after dinner.
你就在晚餐后洗盘子,收拾桌子。
Surprise parties don’t always work out.
惊喜派对并不是每次都成功的。
so we all got to go home early.
所以我们都非早回家不可。
study for my math final.
温习数学,准备期末考试。
I need those potatoes peeled and sliced.
那些马铃薯需要剥皮和切片。
I’d like to give her a nice going-away present.
我很想送给她一件好的离别礼物。
you can help me with dinner.
你就来帮我准备晚餐。
Maybe we could make it a surprise.
也许我们可以让它变成一场惊喜。
Hi, Robbie.
嗨,Robbie。
ready for the graduation ceremony,
为毕业典礼做准备,
Well, we could tell her
嗯,我们可以告诉她
Alexandra’s coming over to help me
Alexandra就要来帮我
When Alexandra arrives,
等Alexandra到达时,
Too noisy to study.
太吵了,书看不下去。
You’re home from school early.
你今天从学校回来得早。
Yes…
对呀…
Thanks, Mom.
谢谢,妈。
Hi, Son.
嗨,儿子。
But, well,
但是,嗯,
I’m sure Alexandra
我相信Alexandra
It’s all right with me
我没有问题,
Well, well. Thank you, Molly.
还好,还好。谢谢你,Molly。
I need some help.
我需要帮助。
I know.
我知道。
What’s that?
什么问题?
Here are the X-rays you wanted, Dr. Stewart.
这是你要的X光片,Stewart医师。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
And what sort of job?
哪一类的工作?
Robbie! Good luck!
Robbie!祝你好运!
Is he still in his office?
他还在办公室吗?
No, no, no, no.
不,不,不,不。
I’d like to give her something nice
我想给她一件精致的东西,
Well, that’s what fathers are for.
嗯,父亲们的功用正在于此。
Fine.
好啊。
Now, let me check them.
现在,让我来看一看。
I’m broke.
我身无分文。
I’ll talk to him.
我会去跟他谈谈。
I think so.
我想是的。
What’s up?
什么事?
Hi, Dad. Am I interrupting you?
嗨!爸爸。我打搅了你吗?
And I’m planning to get a job for the summer.
我想在暑假里打工。
Thanks, Mom.
谢谢,妈。
would be happy with something simple, Robbie.
会欣然接受简单的东西,Robbie。
Sounds pretty good.
听起来不错。
if it’s all right with your dad.
假如你爸爸答应的话。
Well, before I go to college,
嗯,在我进大学之前,
I should have saved some money.
我早该存些钱。
Yes. I’ll be earning pretty good money if I get it.
是的。假如我得到这份工作的话,我可以赚不少钱。
I don’t see any breaks or fractures.
我看不出有任何破裂或骨折。
Can we talk?
我们能谈谈吗?
Maybe I could borrow some money from you and Dad.
也许你和爸爸可以借我一点钱。
I have the whole summer…
我有一整个暑假可以利用…
to remember me by.
让她看到东西就想到我。
Sure.
当然可以。
Oh. Thank you, Molly.
噢,谢谢你,Molly。
What do you think?
你看怎么样?
I applied for a job as a lifeguard at the community pool.
我申请了社区游泳池的救生员工作。
Come in!
进来!
There’s only one problem.
只有一个问题。
Would tomorrow be OK?
明天可以吗?
Something simple — but a good one.
要简单的——但要精致。
But I’ll need a loan.
但我需要借钱。
If you drive carefully.
只要你小心驾驶。
Well, I saw a nice watch.
嗯,我已看中了一个好表。
We’ll all miss her.
我们都会想念她的。
I will. Thanks, Dad.
我会小心的。谢谢你,爸爸。
And my friend Alexandra is going back to Greece…
我的朋友Alexandra就要回希腊去了…
so she’ll think of me when she looks at the time.
这样当她看表的时候就会想起我。
Yes?
什么?
You ready for the next problem?
你准备好做下一道题了吗?
You’re OK, Dad.
你很好,爸爸。
If you could lend me the money,
假如你能借钱给我的话,
What’d you have in mind?
你心里有什么腹案?
Thanks, Dad.
谢谢,爸爸。
My pleasure.
不客气。
Nice girl.
好女孩。
Could I?
我可以用吗?
Well, I guess your mother and I can manage it.
嗯,我想你妈和我可以设法帮这个忙。
Well, a wristwatch,
嗯,一个手表,
You’re not so bad yourself, Son.
你自己也不错,儿子。
You’ll probably want the family car
你也许需要用家里的车,
But right now, I’m kind of short of cash.
但现在,我手头很紧。
How about a lemonade break?
休息一下喝点柠檬水好吗?
Mom says we can give her a going-away surprise party.
妈妈说我们可以给她举行一个让她惊喜的欢送派对。
Oh, and, Robbie…
噢,还有,Robbie…
You know what?
你知道吗?
Good idea.
好主意。
I can’t look at another number.
我简直一个数字也看不进去了。
My pleasure, Son.
不客气,儿子。
Nothing flashy or expensive.
不是什么俗丽或贵的。
And I’d like to get her a nice gift…
我还想给她一份精致礼物…
Sounds fine, Robbie.
听起来不错,Robbie。
I could pay you back out of my lifeguard salary.
我可以从我当救生员的薪水里拿出来还你。
Who isn’t?
有谁不紧?
so you can drive her home after the party.
在派对结束后送她回家。
You’ve got it.
没问题。
When do you need the money?
你什么时候需要钱?
Yes.
能。
But then I found out that people are the same everywhere
但是后来我发现,哪里的人都是一样的,
My folks are giving me a little graduation party.
我的亲人要为我办一个小小的毕业派对。
when is your plane reservation for your flight to Athens?
你飞Athens订的是什么时候的班机?
Just my friend Mike and a few kids from school.
只有我的朋友Mike和学校里的几个家伙。
I’d never been away from home,
我从来没有离开过家,
I should be finished packing by then.
到那时候我应该已经整理好行李了。
Scared? Why?
紧张?为什么?
Sure… and a little scared.
当然…还有一点紧张。
Eight o’clock is fine.
八点钟可以。
Who’s going to be there?
有谁要参加?
About eight o’clock?
差不多八点钟好吗?
Great! It’s a date.
太好了!就说定了。
I’m glad I got to know you.
我很高兴能够认识你。
Oh, by the way,
噢,顺便问一下,
We’re going to miss you.
我们也会想念你的。
I’m going to miss all of you.
我会想念你们大家的。
Terrific!
太棒了!
I’ll pick you up.
我去接你。
I’m counting on it.
我有这种打算。
once you get to know them.
一旦认识了周围的人以后。
You’ve been like a second family to me.
你们就像我的第二个家一样。
I was when I first came to the United States.
当我刚到美国来的时候,是感到有点紧张。
My dad’s letting me borrow the car.
我爸爸借我用汽车。
Sure.
当然可以。
Oh, well, that would be very nice.
噢,好吧,那倒很好。
Maybe you could come to visit me in Greece?
也许你可以到希腊来看我?
Aren’t you a little scared?
你不会感到有点紧张吗?
Wonderful!
太棒了!
and I didn’t know what it would be like.
而且我也不知道会是怎么一个样子。
Sunday. Why?
星期天。为什么问这?
That isn’t necessary.
这倒不必。
Would you be able to come over Saturday night?
你星期六晚上能过来吗?
Are you excited about graduating from high school?
你从高中毕业会不会感到很兴奋呢?
You are going to miss her!
你会想念她的!
Good night, Mrs. Stewart.
晚安,Stewart太太。
Yes.
好的。
It would be very nice.
那当然是很好。
Good night, Robbie.
晚安,Robbie。
Yes. The Molinas are waiting for me.
不会。Molina一家人正等着我呢。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
Will you be all right?
你不会有问题吧?
Absolutely.
绝对。
It’s not the same.
那可不一样。
Eight o’clock.
八点钟。
Millie, did you bring the tapes for dancing?
Millie,你带来了跳舞的录音带吗?
I’ll pick you up on Saturday night, OK?
我星期六晚上去接你,好吗?
I’m glad I got to know you — and your family.
我也很高兴能够认识你——和你的一家人。
Great! Pass me the hammer.
很好!把锤子给我。
You are going to miss her.
你会想念她的。
You’re sure Alexandra’s going to be surprised?
你确定Alexandra会很惊讶吗?
Well, you can write to her.
嗯,你可以写信给她。
What did you bring?
你带的什么带子?
Thank you for dinner.
谢谢你的晚餐。
I have to run.
我得赶紧走了。
Am I going to miss her?
我会想念她吗?
They’re in my bag.
在我袋子里。
Wouldn’t it be nice if we could skip the examinations
要是我们可以略过考试,那岂不是很好?
and my math teacher’s going to miss her.
而我的数学老师也会想念她。
Good night, Alexandra.
晚安,Alexandra。
She has no idea that the party is in her honor.
她不知道这个派对是为她办的。
I’m going to miss her,
我会想念她,
Good night, Robbie.
晚安,Robbie。
How does that look, Rob?
看起来怎么样,Rob?
You got it!
给你啦!
and get right to the graduation party?
直接就是毕业派对。
So… back to work.
因此…用功吧。
But that isn’t the way it works.
但是现实不是如此。
Yeah.
是的。
Good night, Alexandra.
晚安,Alexandra。
That’s what I said!
我正是这么说的!
She’s really a good friend, isn’t she?
她真是个好朋友,不是吗?
I can’t wait to see her face when she walks in here tonight.
我迫不及待想看到她今晚走进这里时脸上的表情。
OK, I guess.
我想还好吧。
How about some music?
来点音乐怎么样?
Hi, Alexandra.
嗨,Alexandra。
She sounds upset.
她听起来有点不对劲。
I called my parents from the airport.
我从机场打电话给我父母。
Do you think we should take down the decorations?
你觉得我们应当取掉这些装饰品吗?
This is terrible.
真是太糟了。
I’ll take it in there.
我在那里接。
OK.
好。
Maybe he’s angry.
也许他在生气。
My mom’s decorating it right now.
我妈妈正在淋奶油。
This!
这个!
Alexandra!
Alexandra!
Too late now.
现在太迟了。
Some rock ‘n’ roll.
一些摇滚乐。
No, let’s wait till Robbie gets back from the airport.
不要。我们等Robbie从机场回来吧。
What? You what?
什么?你怎样?
Did she say why she had to leave today?
她说了她为什么今天非走不可吗?
Thanks, Mom.
妈,谢谢你。
Hi! What happened?
嗨!怎么回事?
Oh, here he comes.
噢,他来了。
When I told them
当我告诉他们
What about the cake?
蛋糕怎么样?
my friends were giving me a party,
我的朋友们为我举办了一个派对时,
Especially when Alexandra gave me a surprise…
特别是Alexandra给了我一个惊喜…
We should have done it sooner.
我们早就该取下来的。
I don’t know.
我不知道。
so she had to take an earlier flight today.
所以她不得不在今天搭早一班的班机。
Why is he blowing his horn like that?
为什么他这样子按喇叭?
Perfect! Alexandra will love it!
太好了!Alexandra会喜欢的!
They’ll just make him sad.
那些只会让他悲伤。
How’d it go?
怎么样啦?
Yeah? What was it?
是吗?是什么惊喜?
Hi.
嗨!
She told Robbie that her flight tomorrow was canceled,
她告诉Robbie说,她明天的班机取消了,
Oh no!
噢,糟糕!
Robbie, there’s a phone call for you.
Robbie,有你的电话。
It’s Alexandra.
是Alexandra。
Well, that must be him.
噢,一定是他。
We should thank you.
我们应当感谢你。
“In friendship, always. Alexandra.”
“友情永不渝,Alexandra。”
Oh, it’s so pretty!
噢,它好漂亮!
OK. I can’t believe it!
好的。我简直无法相信!
And to Robbie and the Stewart family
并且感谢Robbie和Stewart全家
I guess we were thinking the same thought.
我想我们的心意相同。
I think you might be amused.
我想你可能会觉得有趣。
Miss Pappas?
Pappas小姐?
Hear, hear!
我们洗耳恭听!
Open it, please.
请打开看看。
for opening their home to me.
为我敞开大门。
I’d like to say something first.
我想先说几句话。
My pleasure, Doctor.
非常荣幸,医生。
but this is too much!
但是这太令人难以置信了!
You’re a real friend!
你是个真正的朋友!
Mrs. Stewart, may I have this dance?
Stewart太太,我可以请你跳这支舞吗?
All right!
好了!
Thank you.
谢谢你。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
And I also have a little surprise for you, Robbie.
我也有一个小小的惊喜给你,Robbie。
I knew we thought alike,
我知道我们心意相同,
No. Would you mind?
不。你们不介意吧?
Mr. Stewart…
Stewart先生…
Let’s have some music!
我们来点音乐吧!
But how did you know the party was for you?
但是你怎么知道派对是为你举办的呢?
I would just like to thank all of you,
我只是想谢谢你们大家,
It’s lovely, Robbie.
它非常可爱,Robbie。
Now we can really start the party!
现在我们可以真正开始舞会了!
they insisted that I stay.
他们坚持要我留下来。
my friends,
我的朋友们。
Read it, Robbie.
读出来,Robbie。
All right!
好啦!
So now I’m taking a flight on Monday instead.
所以我现在要改搭星期一的班机走。
Well, Robbie told me when he gave me this.
嗯,当Robbie送给我这个的时候,他告诉了我。
That’s great! Terrific!
那太好了!太棒了!
You had it engraved!
你在上面刻了字!
who have made my stay in the United States so wonderful.
是你们使得我在美国的生活如此多采多姿。
A little going-away present.
一个小小的临别礼物。
0 条评论