GIRL ON A MOTORCYCLE
摩托女孩

Introduction / 简介
Kenny is going across America by bus to San Francisco. It is a long way, so he stops sometimes and stays the night in a motel.
肯尼正乘坐巴士穿越美国前往旧金山。路途遥远,所以他有时会停下来在汽车旅馆过夜。

One evening he stays in a motel in a little town in California – not far from Los Angeles. When he comes down from his room for something to eat, he sees a girl – a girl on a motorcycle, with long blond hair. He thinks he knows her – is she famous?
一天晚上,他住在加利福尼亚州一个小镇的汽车旅馆里——离洛杉矶不远。当他从房间下来吃东西时,看到了一个女孩——一个骑着摩托车、留着金色长发的女孩。他觉得认识她——她是名人吗?

Then, the next morning, he sees the news about a supermarket robbery in Los Angeles. The police are looking for somebody – somebody on a motorcycle, with long blond hair…
然后,第二天早上,他看到了关于洛杉矶一起超市抢劫案的新闻。警方正在寻找一个人——一个骑摩托车、留着金色长发的人……

Chapter 1: Is there a motel? / 第一章:有汽车旅馆吗?
Kenny is going across America by bus. One evening in summer, his bus arrives in a little town in California.
肯尼正乘坐巴士穿越美国。夏天的一个傍晚,他的巴士抵达了加利福尼亚州的一个小镇。

‘I want to stop here tonight,’ says Kenny to the bus driver. ‘Is there a motel, do you know?’
“我今晚想在这里停留,”肯尼对巴士司机说。“你知道这里有汽车旅馆吗?”

‘Yes,’ says the bus driver. ‘There’s a nice motel across the river. It’s not expensive.’
“有的,”巴士司机说。“河对面有一家不错的汽车旅馆。价格不贵。”

‘Is there a bus to San Francisco tomorrow?’ asks Kenny.
“明天有去旧金山的巴士吗?”肯尼问。

‘Yes,’ says the bus driver, ‘there’s a bus every day.’
“有,”巴士司机说,“每天都有巴士。”

Kenny gets off the bus with his bag.
肯尼拿着包下了车。

Chapter 2: Give me the money! / 第二章:把钱给我!
In a street in Los Angeles, somebody is robbing a security guard outside a supermarket. The robber is sitting on a motorcycle and has a gun.
在洛杉矶的一条街道上,有人正在超市外抢劫一名保安。劫匪坐在摩托车上,手里拿着枪。

‘Give me the money!’ the robber tells the security guard. ‘OK, OK!’ says the security guard, and gives the robber the money.
“把钱给我!”劫匪对保安说。“好,好!”保安说着,把钱交给了劫匪。

Then the robber rides away – but a camera is taking pictures.
然后劫匪骑车逃走了——但摄像头拍下了画面。

After the robbery, the supermarket manager phones the police.
抢劫发生后,超市经理报了警。

‘Yes,’ he says. ‘A robbery… yes, long blond hair, and with a motorcycle… a man or woman? We don’t know… yes, we have some pictures… OK! Quickly.’
“是的,”他说。“发生了一起抢劫案……是的,金色长发,骑着摩托车……是男是女?我们不知道……是的,我们有一些照片……好的!快点来。”

Chapter 3: Room twenty-three / 第三章:23号房间
In the little town, fifty kilometres away from Los Angeles, Kenny goes into the motel and asks for a room.
在距离洛杉矶五十公里的小镇上,肯尼走进汽车旅馆要了一间房。

‘Room twenty-three,’ says the man at the desk. He gives Kenny a key.
“23号房间,”前台的男人说。他给了肯尼一把钥匙。

‘Thank you,’ says Kenny. And he goes up to his room.
“谢谢,”肯尼说。然后他上楼进了房间。

An hour later, Kenny comes down to eat.
一个小时后,肯尼下楼吃饭。

‘I’m hungry,’ he thinks.
“我饿了,”他想。

He sees a girl arrive on a motorcycle. She walks to the front desk, and the man gives her a key.
他看到一个女孩骑着摩托车到来。她走到前台,那个男人给了她一把钥匙。

‘Room seventeen,’ says the man at the desk.
“17号房间,”前台的男人说。

‘I think I know her face,’ thinks Kenny. ‘Is she somebody famous?’
“我觉得我认识她的脸,”肯尼想。“她是某个名人吗?”

Chapter 4: Is it her? / 第四章:是她吗?
Early the next morning, Kenny puts on the TV in his room. A news-reader is talking about the supermarket robbery. There are some pictures from the supermarket camera.
第二天一大早,肯尼打开了房间里的电视。新闻播音员正在报道超市抢劫案。屏幕上出现了超市摄像头拍摄的一些画面。

Kenny watches the news.
肯尼看着新闻。

‘The robber is somebody with long blond hair, and with a motorcycle,’ says the news-reader.
“劫匪是一个留着金色长发、骑着摩托车的人,”新闻播音员说。

Suddenly, Kenny remembers the girl at the motel desk. ‘Is it her?’ he thinks. ‘Is she the robber?’
突然,肯尼想起了汽车旅馆前台的那个女孩。“是她吗?”他想。“她就是劫匪吗?”

Chapter 5: Can I sit here? / 第五章:我可以坐这里吗?
He goes for breakfast. The girl is eating her breakfast at a table near the window. Kenny looks at her. ‘Is it her?’ he thinks. ‘I think I know her, but…’ He walks across to her table.
他去吃早餐。那个女孩正在窗边的一张桌子旁吃早餐。肯尼看着她。“是她吗?”他想。“我觉得我认识她,但是……”他走到她的桌旁。

‘Can I sit here?’ he asks.
“我可以坐这里吗?”他问。

The girl looks up. ‘Well… OK,’ she says.
女孩抬起头。“嗯……好吧,”她说。

Kenny sits down. ‘My name’s Kenny,’ he says.
肯尼坐下。“我叫肯尼,”他说。

‘Pleased to meet you,’ she says. ‘I’m Mel.’
“很高兴认识你,”她说。“我是梅尔。”

‘Where are you from?’ asks Kenny.
“你从哪里来?”肯尼问。

‘San Francisco,’ says Mel. ‘I’m going there later this morning. Where are you from?’
“旧金山,”梅尔说。“我今天上午晚些时候要去那里。你从哪里来?”

‘Boston,’ says Kenny. ‘I’m going across America by bus. And I’m going to San Francisco later this morning, too.’
“波士顿,”肯尼说。“我正坐巴士穿越美国。我今天上午晚些时候也要去旧金山。”

‘Are you?’ the girl says. ‘I don’t like buses. I like motorcycles. Look, excuse me. I need to make a phone call.’
“是吗?”女孩说。“我不喜欢巴士。我喜欢摩托车。听着,失陪一下。我需要打个电话。”

She gets up and leaves the room.
她起身离开了房间。

Chapter 6: Not the police / 第六章:别报警
A young man near the door is watching Mel.
门边的一个年轻男子一直在注视着梅尔。

‘Why is he watching her?’ thinks Kenny. ‘Does he know her face, too? Is he thinking she’s the girl from the robbery, too?’
“他为什么盯着她看?”肯尼想。“他也认得她的脸吗?他也觉得她是抢劫案中的那个女孩吗?”

Kenny goes to sit next to the young man.
肯尼走过去坐在那个年轻男子旁边。

‘Hi,’ he says. ‘My name’s Kenny Muir.’
“嗨,”他说。“我叫肯尼·缪尔。”

‘Hi,’ says the young man. ‘I’m… Ned.’
“嗨,”年轻男子说。“我是……内德。”

They begin talking. Kenny tells Ned about the news of the robbery on TV. He looks across at Mel. ‘Are you thinking that’s the same girl?’ he asks Ned.
他们开始交谈。肯尼告诉内德电视上关于抢劫案的新闻。他看向梅尔那边。“你是不是也觉得那是同一个女孩?”他问内德。

Ned looks across at her. ‘I – I don’t know,’ he says. ‘Perhaps it is.’
内德看向她那边。“我——我不知道,”他说。“也许是吧。”

‘What can we do?’ says Kenny. ‘She’s leaving soon. Let’s phone the police. I think it’s her.’
“我们该怎么办?”肯尼说。“她马上就要走了。我们报警吧。我觉得就是她。”

‘No!’ Ned says quickly. ‘Not the police. Wait…’
“不!”内德急忙说。“别报警。等等……”

Kenny looks carefully at him. ‘What’s the matter? Are you… afraid of something?’ he asks.
肯尼仔细看着他。“怎么了?你……害怕什么吗?”他问。

‘No, but… perhaps she’s got a gun!’ says Ned.
“不,但是……也许她有枪!”内德说。

Chapter 7: Perhaps I’m wrong / 第七章:也许我弄错了
‘Is it her?’ thinks Kenny. ‘I want to know. Perhaps the money from the robbery is in her room.’
“是她吗?”肯尼想。“我想知道。也许抢劫来的钱就在她的房间里。”

Kenny goes upstairs. Suddenly he sees the girl again. She is coming out of room seventeen. Kenny watches her. She locks her door and goes downstairs.
肯尼上了楼。突然他又看到了那个女孩。她正从17号房间出来。肯尼注视着她。她锁上门下了楼。

‘How can I get into her room?’ he thinks.
“我怎么才能进她的房间呢?”他想。

Then Kenny sees a woman working in the motel.
这时肯尼看到一位在汽车旅馆工作的女士。

‘Excuse me,’ says Kenny. ‘Can you open the door of my room? My key’s in the car. It’s room seventeen.’
“打扰一下,”肯尼说。“你能帮我打开房门吗?我的钥匙落在车里了。是17号房间。”

‘Yes, of course,’ she says, and opens the door of room seventeen.
“好的,当然可以,”她说,并打开了17号房间的门。

‘Thank you,’ says Kenny, and he goes into the room.
“谢谢,”肯尼说,然后走进了房间。

Kenny searches the room, but he cannot find the money from the robbery.
肯尼搜查了房间,但没有找到抢劫来的钱。

‘Perhaps I’m wrong about her,’ he thinks.
“也许我冤枉她了,”他想。

Then he hears somebody opening the door with a key.
这时他听到有人用钥匙开门的声音。

It’s Mel!
是梅尔!

Chapter 8: I must get away / 第八章:我必须离开这里
Kenny runs into the bathroom. A minute later he hears Mel talking into the phone.
肯尼跑进浴室。一分钟后,他听到梅尔在打电话。

‘Hi, Fran,’ says Mel. ‘No, I’m at the motel… No, I’m leaving in an hour… Yes, OK…’
“嗨,弗兰,”梅尔说。“不,我在汽车旅馆……不,我一个小时后就走……是的,好的……”

Kenny looks out carefully from the bathroom. He cannot get to the door, but he can get to the window. He moves quickly.
肯尼小心翼翼地从浴室向外看。他没法走到门口,但可以够到窗户。他迅速行动。

Mel puts down the phone. Kenny watches her through the window.
梅尔放下电话。肯尼透过窗户观察她。

‘I must get away from here!’ he thinks.
“我必须离开这里!”他想。

Kenny cannot go back into room seventeen, but he can open the window to room eighteen.
肯尼无法回到17号房间,但他可以打开隔壁18号房间的窗户。

Chapter 9: You’re the robber! / 第九章:你就是劫匪!
Kenny climbs into room eighteen. There is nobody there. He goes across to the door. But then he sees something.
肯尼爬进了18号房间。里面没有人。他走到门边。但随后他看到了一样东西。

‘What’s that?’ he thinks. ‘Is it… a wig? It is. It’s a blond wig!’
“那是什么?”他想。“是……假发吗?确实是。是一顶金色的假发!”

Kenny searches the room.
肯尼搜查了这个房间。

‘Here’s a black motorcycle coat,’ he says to himself. ‘And what’s this in this bag? The money from the robbery!’
“这里有一件黑色摩托车夹克,”他自言自语道。“这个包里是什么?是抢劫来的钱!”

Kenny hears somebody coming. He wants to get out of the room, but he cannot.
肯尼听到有人来了。他想逃出房间,但出不去了。

Ned comes into the room. He sees Kenny.
内德走进了房间。他看到了肯尼。

‘What are you doing in my room?’ says Ned.
“你在我的房间里干什么?”内德说。

Then he sees the blond wig and the money. He looks at Kenny again.
然后他看到了金色的假发和钱。他又看向肯尼。

‘You know!’ says Ned.
“你都知道了!”内德说。

‘Yes, I know!’ says Kenny. ‘You’re the Los Angeles supermarket robber!’
“是的,我知道了!”肯尼说。“你就是洛杉矶超市抢劫案的劫匪!”

Suddenly, Ned takes a gun from his coat.
突然,内德从外套里掏出一把枪。

‘Don’t move!’ he says. And he takes the bag from Kenny.
“别动!”他说。然后他从肯尼手中夺过了包。

‘You can’t get away,’ says Kenny.
“你逃不掉的,”肯尼说。

‘Yes, I can,’ says Ned.
“不,我能,”内德说。

He hits Kenny on the head, then he locks him in room eighteen.
他击打了肯尼的头部,然后把他锁在了18号房间里。

Chapter 10: I can’t swim! / 第十章:我不会游泳!
A minute later, Mel is looking across at the river from her room. Suddenly, she sees a man running.
一分钟后,梅尔正在房间里眺望河对岸。突然,她看到一个男人在奔跑。

‘What’s the matter with him?’ she thinks. ‘Why is he running?’
“他怎么了?”她想。“他为什么在跑?”

Then she sees Kenny come out of the next room.
接着她看到肯尼从隔壁房间出来了。

‘Th – that man!’ says Kenny. ‘He’s the Los Angeles supermarket robber! Stop him, somebody!’
“那——那个男人!”肯尼喊道。“他是洛杉矶超市抢劫案的劫匪!谁来拦住他!”

Ned hears him and looks up. Then he gets on his motorcycle and drives off quickly.
内德听到了他的喊声并抬起头。然后他跨上摩托车迅速驶离。

‘I can stop him!’ says Mel.
“我能拦住他!”梅尔说。

She climbs down from her room. She runs around the motel, gets on her motorcycle and goes after Ned.
她从房间爬了下来。她绕过汽车旅馆,骑上摩托车去追内德。

Mel rides her motorcycle quickly towards the river. When she gets to the river, she jumps across the river on the motorcycle, and stops in front of Ned. He cannot stop, and his motorcycle goes into the river.
梅尔骑着摩托车飞快地朝河边驶去。当她到达河边时,她骑着摩托车飞越了河流,停在了内德面前。内德停不下来,连人带车冲进了河里。

‘Help! Help!’ he cries. ‘I can’t swim!’
“救命!救命!”他大喊。“我不会游泳!”

Chapter 11: Can we go slowly, please? / 第十一章:我们能开慢点吗?
Some people help Ned out of the water. More people are coming from the motel. Kenny runs across to Mel.
一些人把内德从水里拉了上来。更多人从汽车旅馆赶来。肯尼跑到梅尔身边。

‘Are you OK?’ he asks her.
“你没事吧?”他问她。

‘Yes, I’m OK,’ she says. ‘Are you all right?’
“是的,我没事,”她说。“你还好吗?”

‘Yes,’ says Kenny. ‘I’m all right.’
“是的,”肯尼说。“我没事。”

Soon after, the police arrive and take Ned away. Kenny tells a policeman his story. Then Mel tells the policewoman her story.
不久之后,警察赶到并带走了内德。肯尼向一位男警察讲述了事情经过。然后梅尔向一位女警察讲述了她的经历。

‘Do I know your face?’ the policewoman asks Mel. ‘Are you famous?’
“我好像见过你?”女警察问梅尔。“你是名人吗?”

Mel laughs. ‘Perhaps you do,’ she says. ‘I’m on TV sometimes.’
梅尔笑了。“也许吧,”她说。“我有时会上电视。”

‘Now I remember you,’ Kenny says to Mel. ‘You’re Mel Palmer, the famous Stunt Girl! I see you on ‘Stunt Girls, USA’, on TV sometimes.’
“现在我想起来了,”肯尼对梅尔说。“你是梅尔·帕尔默,著名的特技女孩!我有时会在电视上的《美国特技女孩》节目中看到你。”

Mel smiles. ‘Yes, that’s me,’ she says. ‘Now, do you want to come to San Francisco on my motorcycle, or do you want to go on the bus?’
梅尔微笑着说。“是的,就是我,”她说。“那么,你想坐我的摩托车去旧金山,还是想坐巴士去?”

‘I’m coming with you!’ says Kenny, laughing. ‘But can we go slowly, please?’
“我要和你一起走!”肯尼笑着说。“但是我们能开慢点吗?”


yewandou

一个人要有坚强的毅力,否则他将一事无成

0 条评论

发表回复

您的邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注

蜀ICP备2025134762号 | 川公网安备51011202001092号