SALLY’S PHONE
萨莉的手机

Do you have a phone? Who do you call? Who calls you? Can you live without your phone?
你有电话吗?你打给谁?谁打给你?没有电话你能生活吗?

Sally has a phone, and a busy life. She gets many phone calls – mostly from her boyfriend, Andrew. Andrew likes telling Sally what to do – and what to wear.
萨莉有一部电话,生活也很忙碌。她接到很多电话——大多来自她的男朋友安德鲁。安德鲁喜欢告诉萨莉该做什么——以及该穿什么。

Sally and Andrew are going to a party tonight. ‘Wear your blue skirt’, says Andrew. But Sally can’t wear it – it’s dirty, so she has to go shopping for a new one.
萨莉和安德鲁今晚要去参加一个派对。“穿你的蓝裙子,”安德鲁说。但萨莉穿不了——裙子脏了,所以她得去买条新的。

But when Sally goes shopping she gets more than just a new skirt – she gets something that will change her life.
但当萨莉去购物时,她得到的不仅仅是一条新裙子——她还得到了一些将改变她生活的东西。

1 Morning
1 早晨

It is Thursday morning. Sally is in bed. Suddenly – Ring ring! Her phone is ringing – but where is it?
这是星期四的早晨。萨莉还在床上。突然——铃铃!她的电话响了——但在哪儿呢?

Sally gets out of bed and looks in her bag. No phone. She looks under the bed. No phone. Then she looks behind the door. There is her phone. Sally picks up her phone and answers it.
萨莉起床查看她的包。没有电话。她看了看床底。没有电话。然后她看了看门后。电话在那儿。萨莉拿起电话接听了。

‘Hello Sally, it’s Andrew.’
“喂,萨莉,我是安德鲁。”

Andrew is Sally’s boyfriend. He has got a lot of money and a beautiful and expensive car.
安德鲁是萨莉的男朋友。他很有钱,还有一辆漂亮又昂贵的汽车。

‘Andrew, it’s only seven o’clock—’
“安德鲁,现在才七点——”

‘Don’t forget, Sally – we’re meeting Michael tonight. It’s an important evening, because Michael’s my new boss. Wear your blue skirt, Sally, I like that skirt. I must go now. See you at half past six. Bye.’
“别忘了,萨莉——我们今晚要见迈克尔。这是个重要的晚上,因为迈克尔是我的新老板。穿你的蓝裙子,萨莉,我喜欢那条裙子。我得走了。六点半见。拜拜。”

‘But Andrew… Bye.’
“可是安德鲁……拜拜。”

‘I can’t wear the blue skirt,’ Sally thinks. ‘It’s dirty. What can I wear?’
“我不能穿那条蓝裙子,”萨莉心想,“它脏了。我该穿什么呢?”

Sally is having breakfast with her mother and her brother Jack.
萨莉正和她的母亲及弟弟杰克一起吃早餐。

‘I’m going out tonight,’ Sally tells her mother. ‘Andrew and I are meeting his new boss.’
“我今晚要出去,”萨莉告诉母亲,“安德鲁和我要去见他的新老板。”

‘Andrew?’ Jack says. ‘Huh!’
“安德鲁?”杰克说,“哼!”

‘Oh be quiet, Jack,’ Sally says. ‘Andrew is very nice to me.’
“哦,安静点,杰克,”萨莉说,“安德鲁对我很好。”

‘Nice?’ Jack says. ‘Huh! “Sally, I want a sandwich.” “Yes, Andrew.” “Sally, I don’t like your hair.” “No, Andrew, sorry Andrew.” “Sally—”‘
“好?”杰克说,“哼!‘萨莉,我要个三明治。’‘好的,安德鲁。’‘萨莉,我不喜欢你的发型。’‘不,安德鲁,对不起安德鲁。’‘萨莉——’”

But then Sally stands up, and Jack runs out of the room.
但接着萨莉站了起来,杰克跑出了房间。

Sally gets on the train. There are a lot of people on the train. Most of them are talking on their phones.
萨莉上了火车。火车上有很多人。他们大多数都在打电话。

‘John? John! Get up and go to work. It’s late!’
“约翰?约翰!起床去上班。迟到了!”

‘Have you got my money? I need it today. I must have it today.’
“你拿到我的钱了吗?我今天就要。我必须今天拿到。”

‘Remember – go to the supermarket tonight. Don’t forget!’
“记住——今晚去超市。别忘了!”

And Sally is listening to Andrew.
而萨莉正在听安德鲁说话。

‘Sally, meet me at six o’clock, not at half past six. OK?’
“萨莉,六点见我,不是六点半。好吗?”

‘OK Andrew – but my blue skirt—’
“好的安德鲁——可是我的蓝裙子——”

‘I must go, Sally – bye.’
“我得走了,萨莉——拜拜。”

Then the train goes into a tunnel. The people on the train can not talk on their phones. They must talk to the other people on the train.
然后火车进入了隧道。火车上的人没法打电话了。他们必须和火车上的其他人交谈。

‘Hello, Max! How are you?’
“你好,麦克斯!你怎么样?”

‘Oh, hello Graham! I’m very well.’
“哦,你好格雷厄姆!我很好。”

‘Where are you working now, Lucy?’
“露西,你现在在哪里工作?”

‘I’m in a new office in Bank Street.’
“我在银行街的一个新办公室。”

‘Those are nice shoes, Jane.’
“简,你的鞋子真漂亮。”

‘Thank you, Mary.’
“谢谢你,玛丽。”

After three minutes, the train comes out of the tunnel. Everyone talks on their phones again.
三分钟后,火车驶出隧道。大家又开始打起电话来。

‘Hello? John? Are you out of bed now?’
“喂?约翰?你现在起床了吗?”

Now Sally is at work. She is talking to her friend Claire, and she tells her about Andrew, Michael, and the blue skirt.
现在萨莉在上班。她正和朋友克莱尔聊天,告诉她关于安德鲁、迈克尔和蓝裙子的事。

‘It’s OK, Sally,’ Claire says. ‘Let’s go out at lunchtime. We can find a new skirt. You can wear it tonight.’
“没关系,萨莉,”克莱尔说,“我们午饭时间出去吧。我们可以找条新裙子。你今晚就能穿了。”

Later, Claire and Sally are having coffee with Louise. She works with them.
后来,克莱尔和萨莉跟路易丝一起喝咖啡。路易丝是她们的同事。

Ring ring! It is Andrew again.
铃铃!又是安德鲁。

‘Hi, Sally. Look, meet me at the Bar Bogart, not the Cosmo Bar – OK? The Bar Bogart is nearer. Bye.’
“嗨,萨莉。听着,在博格特酒吧见我,别去科斯莫酒吧——好吗?博格特酒吧更近。拜拜。”

‘Bar Bogart,’ Claire says. ‘Mmm – that’s nice.’
“博格特酒吧,”克莱尔说,“嗯——那地方不错。”

‘Huh!’ Louise says. ‘Forget him, Sally. Who needs men? “Do this, do that, go there, don’t go there.” Huh!’
“哼!”路易丝说,“忘了他吧,萨莉。谁需要男人啊?‘做这个,做那个,去那儿,别去那儿。’哼!”

2 Lunchtime
2 午餐时间

It is one o’clock. Sally and Claire are looking at skirts.
一点钟了。萨莉和克莱尔在看裙子。

‘Do you like this one, Sally?’ Claire says.
“你喜欢这条吗,萨莉?”克莱尔问。

‘Yes, it’s beautiful, but I never wear red.’
“喜欢,很漂亮,但我从不穿红色。”

‘Do you like red?’ Claire asks.
“你喜欢红色吗?”克莱尔问。

‘Yes, I do – but Andrew doesn’t.’
“喜欢——但安德鲁不喜欢。”

‘Well,’ Claire says, ‘it’s a beautiful skirt. You like red. What do you want to do?’
“好吧,”克莱尔说,“这是条漂亮的裙子。你也喜欢红色。你想怎么做?”

Sally buys the skirt.
萨莉买下了那条裙子。

Claire goes back to work, but Sally wants a coffee. She goes into a café. She buys a coffee and sits down. Then she phones her mother.
克莱尔回去上班了,但萨莉想喝杯咖啡。她走进一家咖啡馆,买了杯咖啡坐下。然后她给母亲打了电话。

‘Hi, Mum. I’ve got a new skirt – it’s beautiful! I want to wear it tonight.’
“嗨,妈妈。我买了条新裙子——很漂亮!我今晚想穿它。”

‘What colour is it?’
“什么颜色的?”

‘It’s red.’
“红色的。”

‘That’s nice. Red is a good colour for you,’ says her mother.
“那挺好。红色很适合你,”她母亲说。

Next to Sally, Paul is finishing his coffee. He phones his friend and talks to him. Then he stands up. The bag with the red skirt falls on the floor.
在萨莉旁边,保罗刚喝完咖啡。他给朋友打了个电话聊了几句。然后他站起身来。装着红裙子的包掉在了地上。

‘Oh! I’m sorry,’ Paul says. He puts down his phone and picks up the bag. ‘Here’s your bag.’
“哦!抱歉,”保罗说。他放下电话捡起包。“这是你的包。”

‘That’s OK,’ Sally says. ‘Thank you.’ She smiles.
“没关系,”萨莉说,“谢谢。”她笑了笑。

‘What a nice smile!’ Paul thinks.
“笑容真美!”保罗心想。

Paul picks up his phone and goes out of the café. Sally finishes her coffee. She picks up her bag and her phone, and goes back to work.
保罗拿起电话走出了咖啡馆。萨莉喝完咖啡,拿起包和电话,回去上班了。

3 Afternoon
3 下午

Paul is in his office.
保罗在他的办公室里。

Ring ring!
铃铃!

‘What’s that noise?’ Paul thinks. He answers the phone. It is Andrew.
“什么声音?”保罗心想。他接了电话。是安德鲁。

‘Hello, Sally?’
“喂,萨莉?”

‘It’s not Sally. It’s Paul.’
“我不是萨莉。我是保罗。”

‘Paul? Paul who? Where’s Sally?’
“保罗?哪个保罗?萨莉在哪?”

‘Who’s Sally? There’s no Sally here.’
“谁是萨莉?这儿没有萨莉。”

‘Huh!’
“哼!”

Andrew finishes the call.
安德鲁挂断了电话。

Paul wants to phone his mother. He finds ‘Mum’ on the phone, and presses the button.
保罗想给母亲打电话。他在电话里找到“妈妈”,按下了拨号键。

‘Hello, Mum. It’s Paul.’
“喂,妈妈。我是保罗。”

‘Paul? Who’s Paul? I’m not Paul’s Mum. I’m Sally’s Mum and Jack’s Mum.’
“保罗?谁是保罗?我不是保罗的妈妈。我是萨莉和杰克的妈妈。”

‘What’s happening?’ Paul thinks.
“怎么回事?”保罗心想。

‘What number is that?’ he asks.
“这是什么号码?”他问。

‘It’s 0783 491839.’
“是0783 491839。”

‘I’m very sorry,’ Paul says. ‘It’s the wrong number.’
“非常抱歉,”保罗说,“打错号码了。”

‘That’s OK,’ Sally’s Mum says. ‘What a nice voice!’ she thinks.
“没关系,”萨莉的妈妈说。“声音真好听!”她心想。

Sally is at work.
萨莉在上班。

Ring ring!
铃铃!

‘What’s that noise?’ Sally thinks. She answers the phone.
“什么声音?”萨莉心想。她接了电话。

‘Hello, is Paul there?’
“喂,保罗在吗?”

‘No, I’m sorry, this—’
“不在,抱歉,这——”

‘Can you give a message to him? This is his sister Katharine. There’s a party at my house tonight. It’s my birthday.’
“能帮我给他留个言吗?我是他姐姐凯瑟琳。今晚我家有个派对。是我生日。”

‘But I—’
“可是我——”

‘8 o’clock – OK? Bye.’
“八点——好吗?拜拜。”

Sally talks to Claire and Louise.
萨莉跟克莱尔和路易丝说了这事。

‘I’ve got a message for Paul – but who’s Paul? Do you know a Paul, Claire?’ she asks.
“我收到一条给保罗的留言——可保罗是谁?克莱尔,你认识叫保罗的人吗?”她问。

‘No. What’s the message?’ Claire asks.
“不认识。什么留言?”克莱尔问。

‘It’s his sister Katharine’s birthday, and she’s having a party tonight. Do you think it’s a wrong number?’
“是他姐姐凯瑟琳的生日,她今晚要开派对。你觉得是不是打错了?”

‘Yes, I think it is,’ Claire says.
“是的,我觉得是,”克莱尔说。

‘Hey, Sally!’ Louise says. ‘Put on your red skirt and go to the party. Forget Andrew!’
“嘿,萨莉!”路易丝说,“穿上你的红裙子去参加派对吧。忘了安德鲁!”

Paul talks to a friend at work.
保罗跟单位的一个朋友说了这事。

‘This is Sally’s phone – and Sally’s got my phone.’
“这是萨莉的电话——而萨莉拿了我的电话。”

‘But who is Sally?’
“可萨莉是谁?”

‘I don’t know,’ says Paul.
“我不知道,”保罗说。

‘Why don’t you phone her?’
“你为什么不给她打电话?”

‘What’s my number?’ Paul asks. ‘I don’t know my number.’
“我的号码是多少?”保罗问,“我不知道我的号码。”

‘Why not?’
“为什么不知道?”

‘Because I never call my number!’
“因为我从来没给自己打过电话!”

Paul phones his mother.
保罗给母亲打了电话。

‘Mum, what’s the number of my phone?’
“妈,我的电话号码是多少?”

‘Why do you want your phone number, Paul?’
“你要电话号码干什么,保罗?”

‘Because Sally’s got my phone.’
“因为萨莉拿了我的电话。”

‘Who’s Sally?’ his mother asks.
“萨莉是谁?”他母亲问。

‘I don’t know, but she’s got my phone, and I’ve got her phone.’
“我不知道,但她拿了我的电话,而我拿了她的电话。”

‘I don’t understand.’
“我不明白。”

‘I know,’ says Paul. ‘It doesn’t matter. Have you got my number?’
“我知道,”保罗说,“没关系。您有我的号码吗?”

‘Here it is. 0781 644834.’
“在这儿。0781 644834。”

‘Thanks, Mum.’
“谢谢妈。”

Paul phones Sally.
保罗给萨莉打了电话。

‘Hello, Sally – this is Paul.’
“喂,萨莉——我是保罗。”

‘Paul – are you Katharine’s brother?’ Sally asks.
“保罗——你是凯瑟琳的哥哥吗?”萨莉问。

‘Yes, that’s right. And I’ve got your phone.’
“是的,没错。而且我拿了你的电话。”

‘My phone? Oh – wait a minute. The Café Cuba at lunchtime? The bag on the floor?’
“我的电话?哦——等一下。午饭时在古巴咖啡馆?掉在地上的包?”

‘Yes, that’s right. Well, we need to change phones.’
“是的,没错。嗯,我们需要换回电话。”

‘OK – where are you now, Paul?’
“好的——保罗,你现在在哪?”

‘In College Road. I work there.’
“在大学路。我在那儿上班。”

‘I work in Manchester Street. Can we meet in Queen’s Square?’ Sally asks.
“我在曼彻斯特街上班。我们能在皇后广场见面吗?”萨莉问。

‘OK. What time do you finish work?’
“好的。你几点下班?”

‘At half past five.’
“五点半。”

‘Let’s meet in Queen’s Square at a quarter to six,’ says Paul. ‘Phone me then.’
“那我们五点四十五在皇后广场见吧,”保罗说,“到时候给我打电话。”

‘OK, Paul,’ says Sally.
“好的,保罗,”萨莉说。

4 Evening
4 傍晚

It is half past five. Sally puts on her new skirt.
五点半了。萨莉穿上了她的新裙子。

‘Do you like it, Louise?’ she asks.
“你喜欢吗,路易丝?”她问。

‘Oh yes. It’s very nice.’
“哦,喜欢。非常漂亮。”

It is twenty to six. Paul arrives in Queen’s Square. He looks for Sally. Is that Sally? He can not remember. He phones Sally.
五点四十了。保罗到了皇后广场。他寻找萨莉。那是萨莉吗?他记不清了。他给萨莉打了电话。

‘Hello, Sally. It’s Paul. I’m in Queen’s Square.’
“喂,萨莉。我是保罗。我在皇后广场。”

‘Hello, Paul. I’m coming.’
“喂,保罗。我来了。”

There are lots of people in Queen’s Square, and many of them are talking on phones.
皇后广场上有很多人,其中许多人在打电话。

Which is Paul? Sally can not remember. She phones Paul.
哪个是保罗?萨莉记不清了。她给保罗打了电话。

‘Paul – have you got black hair?’
“保罗——你是黑发吗?”

‘No, I haven’t.’
“不,我不是。”

‘Good!’ Sally thinks.
“太好了!”萨莉心想。

‘Have you got a book in your hand?’ asks Sally.
“你手里拿着书吗?”萨莉问。

‘No, I haven’t.’
“不,我没有。”

‘Good!’ Sally thinks.
“太好了!”萨莉心想。

Sally cannot find Paul.
萨莉找不到保罗。

‘Where are you, Paul?’
“你在哪儿,保罗?”

‘I’m near the trees.’
“我在树旁边。”

Sally goes across the square to the trees.
萨莉穿过广场走到树旁。

‘Are you Paul?’ Sally says.
“你是保罗吗?”萨莉问。

Paul looks at Sally. ‘She’s beautiful!’ he thinks.
保罗看着萨莉。“她真美!”他心想。

‘Yes, I’m Paul.’
“是的,我是保罗。”

‘He’s nice!’ Sally thinks.
“他人真好!”萨莉心想。

‘I’m Sally. So – we meet again.’
“我是萨莉。那么——我们又见面了。”

‘I’m sorry about your phone, Sally. Here it is.’
“抱歉拿了你的电话,萨莉。给你。”

‘That’s OK. Here’s your phone, Paul.’
“没关系。这是你的电话,保罗。”

‘Sally – would you like a drink? I want to say sorry.’
“萨莉——想喝一杯吗?我想道个歉。”

‘OK, but I haven’t got much time.’
“好的,但我时间不多。”

Paul looks for a bar.
保罗找了家酒吧。

‘Let’s go to the Blue Moon. We can have a drink there.’
“我们去蓝月亮酒吧吧。可以在那儿喝一杯。”

Paul and Sally are at the Blue Moon. Sally sits down at a table. Paul brings their drinks.
保罗和萨莉在蓝月亮酒吧。萨莉在桌边坐下。保罗端来了饮料。

‘Here’s your drink, Sally. And I am sorry about your phone.’
“你的饮料,萨莉。再次为电话的事道歉。”

‘Forget it, Paul – it doesn’t matter. Oh, I’ve got a message for you. It’s from your sister Katharine.’
“别在意,保罗——没关系。哦,我有条给你的留言。是你姐姐凯瑟琳发的。”

‘From Katharine? What is it?’
“凯瑟琳的?说什么了?”

‘She says that it’s her birthday today, and there’s a party at her house.’
“她说今天是她生日,她家有个派对。”

‘Oh no!’ Paul says. ‘I always forget birthdays. What can I do?’
“哦不!”保罗说,“我总是忘记生日。我该怎么办?”

Sally looks across the square. Near the trees a woman is selling flowers.
萨莉望向广场对面。树旁有个女人在卖花。

‘Buy some flowers for your sister, and take them to the party,’ she says to Paul.
“给你姐姐买些花带去派对吧,”她对保罗说。

‘Of course! That’s the answer. Look, Sally – do you want to come to the party with me? Katharine always has good parties.’
“当然!就这么办。听着,萨莉——你想跟我一起去参加派对吗?凯瑟琳办的派对总是很棒。”

‘Well, I…’ Sally says.
“嗯,我……”萨莉说。

‘Oh, I must tell you,’ Paul says. ‘I’ve got a message for you from Andrew. He says—’
“哦,我得告诉你,”保罗说,“我收到一条安德鲁给你的留言。他说——”

‘It doesn’t matter, Paul,’ says Sally. ‘I don’t want the message. I would like to go to the party with you. But I must do something before we go.’
“没关系,保罗,”萨莉说,“我不想听那条留言。我愿意跟你一起去参加派对。但在去之前我得做件事。”

Sally takes her phone out of her bag and turns it off.
萨莉从包里拿出电话,把它关掉了。

In the Bar Bogart, Andrew phones Sally. Sally does not answer. ‘Sally?’ says Andrew. ‘Sally? Answer me!’
在博格特酒吧,安德鲁给萨莉打电话。萨莉没有接听。“萨莉?”安德鲁说,“萨莉?接电话啊!”

Sally and Paul leave the Blue Moon.
萨莉和保罗离开了蓝月亮酒吧。

‘That’s a nice skirt,’ says Paul. ‘I like red.’
“这条裙子真漂亮,”保罗说,“我喜欢红色。”

Sally smiles at him.
萨莉对他笑了。


yewandou

一个人要有坚强的毅力,否则他将一事无成

0 条评论

发表回复

您的邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注

蜀ICP备2025134762号 | 川公网安备51011202001092号