ORANGES IN THE SNOW
雪中的橙子
You are a famous scientist, and you are working in a laboratory with your assistant Joe. You are doing an experiment on a small flower. It is a very special flower because it can help people to see in the dark.
你是一位著名的科学家,正和助手乔一起在实验室里工作。你们正在对一朵小花进行实验。这是一朵非常特别的花,因为它能帮助人们在黑暗中看见东西。
But then somebody takes the special flower, and you can’t find Joe. Is he the thief, or is it another person? What do you do next? Do you go to Joe’s room, or do you look in the laboratory, or do you telephone your boss? Be careful – there is only one way to find the special flower again. But move quickly – there is not much time.
但随后有人偷走了这朵特别的花,你也找不到乔了。他是小偷吗?还是另有其人?你接下来该怎么办?是去乔的房间,还是在实验室里寻找,或是给老板打电话?小心行事——找回这朵特别的花只有一条路可走。但动作要快——时间不多了。
This is an interactive story. You can choose what part of the story to read next. Follow the numbers at the end of each section.
这是一个互动故事。你可以选择接下来阅读故事的哪一部分。请按照每个章节末尾的数字指引进行阅读。
Oranges in the Snow
雪中的橙子
1 The night is cold and windy. Outside the laboratory a dog howls. You are Mary Durie, the famous scientist. In your hand is a small flower. It grows in Alaska and it is very special. It can help people to see in the dark, you think.
1 夜晚寒冷且刮着风。实验室外一只狗在嚎叫。你是著名科学家玛丽·杜里。你手里拿着一朵小花。它生长在阿拉斯加,非常特别。你想,它能帮助人们在黑暗中看见东西。
Joe, your assistant, tells you, ‘Everything’s ready now. We can do the experiment.’ He points to the flower.
你的助手乔告诉你:“一切都准备好了。我们可以开始实验了。”他指了指那朵花。
You are a little afraid but you say, ‘OK, let’s start.’
你虽然有点害怕,但还是说:“好的,我们开始吧。”
■ You begin the experiment. Go to 18.
■ 你开始实验。请跳转至第18节。
2 You go to the red plane. It is full of fish. A man with a beard gets on the plane. Is he the man you want?
2 你走向红色的飞机。飞机上装满了鱼。一个留着胡子的男人登上了飞机。他是你要找的人吗?
■ You talk to the man on the plane. Go to 29.
■ 你和飞机上的男人交谈。请跳转至第29节。
3 You telephone your boss. She is not there – she is playing tennis.
3 你给老板打电话。她不在——她正在打网球。
■ Go back to 10.
■ 请返回第10节。
4 You go to talk to the man. ‘What are you doing here? This is private.’ He runs away but he drops something. It is a ticket. ‘Stop,’ you say. But he runs faster.
4 你走过去和那个男人说话。“你在这里干什么?这是私人区域。”他逃跑了,但掉落了什么东西。是一张票。“站住,”你说。但他跑得更快了。
■ You run after the man. Go to 12.
■ 你追赶那个男人。请跳转至第12节。
■ You look at the ticket. Go to 20.
■ 你查看那张票。请跳转至第20节。
5 You drink the liquid and go out of the laboratory. You can see in the dark! You walk away from the building and see a dog running after a seal. There is a man behind a car. ‘What is he doing there?’ you think.
5 你喝下液体并走出实验室。你能在黑暗中看见了!你离开大楼,看见一只狗在追一只海豹。一辆车后面有个男人。“他在那里干什么?”你想。
■ You telephone your boss and tell her about the flower. Go to 22.
■ 你给老板打电话告诉她关于花的事。请跳转至第22节。
■ You go back to the laboratory and talk to Joe. Go to 10.
■ 你回到实验室和乔谈话。请跳转至第10节。
■ You talk to the man behind the car. Go to 4.
■ 你和车后面的男人说话。请跳转至第4节。
6 You go to Joe’s room. He is not there. You hear someone outside. ‘Joe! Is that you?’ Suddenly, the door closes and you can’t get out.
6 你去乔的房间。他不在那里。你听到外面有声音。“乔!是你吗?”突然,门关上了,你出不去了。
■ Go to 1 and start again.
■ 请跳转至第1节重新开始。
7 The dog drinks the liquid. After a minute, he smiles and runs away.
7 狗喝了液体。一分钟后,它似乎笑了(拟人化表达)并跑开了。
■ Go back to 18.
■ 请返回第18节。
8 You talk to the man with the long hair. ‘We’re looking for a passenger with a beard,’ you say to him.
8 你和长头发的男人说话。“我们在找一个留胡子的乘客,”你对他说。
‘Sorry, I can’t help you. Are you looking for a watch? I have lots of watches. They are not expensive. £3? £2?’
“抱歉,我帮不了你。你们在找手表吗?我有很多手表。它们不贵。3英镑?2英镑?”
‘No, thank you. I have a watch.’
“不用了,谢谢。我有手表。”
‘I want a watch,’ says Joe.
“我想要一块手表,”乔说。
‘We haven’t time, Joe!’ you say.
“我们没有时间,乔!”你说。
■ You talk to the pilot. Go to 30.
■ 你和飞行员交谈。请跳转至第30节。
9 You go to the men’s table. Just then, they see you. ‘Run!’ says the man with the hat. ‘Let’s go.’
9 你走到那几个男人的桌旁。就在这时,他们看到了你。“快跑!”戴帽子的男人说。“我们走。”
The thieves leave the restaurant fast. You and Joe run after them.
小偷们迅速离开了餐厅。你和乔在后面追赶。
The police arrive. ‘Where are they?’ says a policewoman. ‘It’s dark and we can’t see them.’
警察到了。“他们在哪儿?”一位女警问。“天太黑了,我们看不见他们。”
But you can see in the dark. ‘They are over there,’ you tell the police.
但你可以在黑暗中看见。“他们在那边,”你告诉警察。
■ Go to 24.
■ 请跳转至第24节。
10 You go back into the laboratory. Something is very, very wrong. There is liquid on the table and floor. The table is usually next to the window. Now it is next to the door. And where is Joe? You cannot see him. His white coat is not there – and where is the bottle?
10 你回到实验室。情况非常不对劲。桌上和地上都有液体。桌子通常在窗边,现在却靠在门边。乔在哪里?你看不到他。他的白大褂不见了——瓶子又在哪里?
■ You go to Joe’s room. Go to 6.
■ 你去乔的房间。请跳转至第6节。
■ You look in this room. Go to 33.
■ 你在房间里搜寻。请跳转至第33节。
■ You telephone your boss. Go to 3.
■ 你给老板打电话。请跳转至第3节。
11 You go up to him. ‘Can we talk to you?’ Joe says. ‘Of course. Do you want some oranges?’ the man asks. You see his face. He hasn’t got a beard – but he smells of oranges.
11 你走向他。“我们能和你谈谈吗?”乔说。“当然可以。你们想要些橙子吗?”男人问。你看清了他的脸。他没有胡子——但他身上有橙子的味道。
You say, ‘No. I’m sorry. You are not the right man.’
你说:“不,对不起。你不是我们要找的人。”
■ You ask him some more questions. Go to 15.
■ 你再问他一些问题。请跳转至第15节。
■ You go back and follow the tracks on the right. Go to 37.
■ 你往回走并沿着右边的踪迹前进。请跳转至第37节。
12 You run after the man. It is not easy to run in the snow. He runs faster than you run. In front of him is a Jet-sled. ‘Come back here!’ you cry. ‘Stop him, someone!’ But the man gets on the Jet-sled – and drives away.
12 你追赶那个男人。在雪地里跑步并不容易。他跑得比你快。他前面有一辆喷气式雪橇。“回来!”你喊道。“谁来拦住他!”但那个男人跳上喷气式雪橇开走了。
You walk slowly back to the laboratory. You want to talk to Joe but you cannot see him.
你慢慢走回实验室。你想和乔谈谈,但找不到他。
■ You go back to the laboratory. Go to 10.
■ 你回到实验室。请跳转至第10节。
13 You follow the tracks on the left. In front of you is a delivery man. He has a box of oranges.
13 你沿着左边的踪迹前进。在你前面是一个送货员。他有一箱橙子。
‘Look, Joe – oranges. Is that the man?’ you ask.
“看,乔——橙子。是那个人吗?”你问。
‘I don’t know,’ says Joe. ‘Has he got a beard?’
“我不知道,”乔说。“他有胡子吗?”
■ You go up to him. Go to 11.
■ 你走向他。请跳转至第11节。
14 There is nobody in the waiting room, but there are two more doors.
14 候机室里没有人,但还有两扇门。
■ You go to the shop door. Go to 35.
■ 你走向商店的门。请跳转至第35节。
■ You go to the restaurant door. Go to 23.
■ 你走向餐厅的门。请跳转至第23节。
15 You ask him some more questions.
15 你又问了他一些问题。
‘Where do your oranges come from?’ you ask.
“你的橙子是从哪里来的?”你问。
He says, ‘There is a plane at the airport. It is full of oranges from Spain.’
他说:“机场有一架飞机。上面装满了来自西班牙的橙子。”
‘Is the plane there now?’ asks Joe.
“飞机现在还在那里吗?”乔问。
‘Yes – but it goes soon,’ the man says.
“是的——但它很快就要起飞了,”男人说。
‘Are you driving back to the airport?’ you ask.
“你要开车回机场吗?”你问。
‘Yes. Do you want to come?’
“是的。你们想一起去吗?”
■ You get in his lorry. Go to 19.
■ 你上了他的卡车。请跳转至第19节。
■ You run to the airport. Go to 27.
■ 你跑向机场。请跳转至第27节。
■ You follow different tracks. Go to 34.
■ 你沿着另一条踪迹前进。请跳转至第34节。
16 Joe takes the small bottle and drinks the liquid. ‘Something is happening,’ he says. ‘I feel different. My legs and my hands hurt, but…’ Joe goes to the window and opens the curtains. ‘Mary! What’s the time?’
16 乔拿起小瓶子喝下了液体。“发生了一些变化,”他说。“我感觉不一样了。我的腿和手很痛,但是……”乔走到窗边拉开窗帘。“玛丽!现在几点了?”
‘7 o’clock at night,’ you tell him.
“晚上7点,”你告诉他。
‘It’s daytime for me!’ he says. Joe opens the door and looks outside.
“对我来说现在是白天!”他说。乔打开门向外看去。
■ You drink the liquid too. Go to 5.
■ 你也喝下了液体。请跳转至第5节。
■ You look outside with Joe. Go to 25.
■ 你和乔一起向外看。请跳转至第25节。
17 You look under the table and see the dog. He is eating a shoe. ‘Get out!’ you say. The dog goes outside with the shoe.
17 你看向桌子底下,看见了那只狗。它正在啃一只鞋。“出去!”你说。狗叼着鞋出去了。
■ You look in the cupboard. Go to 31.
■ 你查看橱柜。请跳转至第31节。
18 You walk to the window. ‘What are you doing?’ Joe asks.
18 你走到窗边。“你在做什么?”乔问。
‘We must be careful,’ you say, and you hold up the flower. ‘This is very valuable.’ You look out of the window, then close the curtains. Joe locks the door.
“我们必须小心,”你说,并举起那朵花。“这非常珍贵。”你看了看窗外,然后拉上窗帘。乔锁上了门。
You put the flower in a little bottle. ‘OK. We are ready.’
你把花放进一个小瓶子里。“好了。我们准备好了。”
Joe gives you a bigger bottle. It has liquid in it. You pour some liquid on the flower. It turns green. You heat the little bottle. Slowly, the liquid turns yellow. You see some red smoke. You write in your notebook, fast. Then you smile and say, ‘That’s it!’
乔递给你一个更大的瓶子,里面装着液体。你把一些液体倒在花上。花变成了绿色。你加热小瓶子。慢慢地,液体变成了黄色。你看到一些红烟。你快速地在笔记本上记录。然后你笑着说:“成功了!”
■ You give the small bottle to Joe. Go to 16.
■ 你把小瓶子交给乔。请跳转至第16节。
■ You drink the yellow liquid. Go to 5.
■ 你喝下黄色的液体。请跳转至第5节。
■ You drop the liquid and the dog drinks it. Go to 7.
■ 你不慎弄洒了液体,狗把它喝了。请跳转至第7节。
19 You get in his lorry. He talks a lot. He talks about his mother… about football… about his new trousers…
19 你上了他的卡车。他话很多。他谈论他的母亲……足球……还有他的新裤子……
‘Please,’ you say. ‘We must get to the airport fast.’
“拜托了,”你说。“我们必须快点赶到机场。”
‘Oh dear!’ he says. ‘I can’t find my keys.’
“哦天哪!”他说,“我找不到钥匙了。”
■ You are very slow. The thief gets away. Go to 1 and start again.
■ 你耽误了太多时间。小偷逃走了。请跳转至第1节重新开始。
20 You look at the ticket. It is a plane ticket to Alaska. ‘Very interesting,’ you think.
20 你查看那张票。那是一张飞往阿拉斯加的机票。“非常有意思,”你想。
■ You go back to the laboratory. Go to 10.
■ 你回到实验室。请跳转至第10节。
21 You go to the yellow plane. It begins to move. A minute later the plane is in the air. Is the thief on it? Perhaps he is getting away.
21 你走向黄色的飞机。它开始移动了。一分钟后飞机升空。小偷在上面吗?也许他正在逃脱。
■ Go to 26.
■ 请跳转至第26节。
22 You use your mobile phone and call your boss. She says, ‘Good. This can help lots of people – but don’t tell anyone. Remember, there are bad men out there. Be very careful, Mary.’
22 你用手机给老板打电话。她说:“很好。这能帮助很多人——但不要告诉任何人。记住,外面有坏人。要非常小心,玛丽。”
■ You go back into the building. Go to 10.
■ 你回到大楼里。请跳转至第10节。
23 You go into the restaurant. There are lots of people there. One is wearing a white coat. Joe says, ‘That’s my coat!’
23 你走进餐厅。那里有很多人。其中一个穿着白大褂。乔说:“那是我的大衣!”
■ You walk across the restaurant. Go to 28.
■ 你穿过餐厅走过去。请跳转至第28节。
24 The police arrest the men and give the notebook, the flower and the small bottle to Joe. You and Joe can now help lots of people with the liquid.
24 警察逮捕了那些人,并将笔记本、花和小瓶子交给了乔。你和乔现在可以用这种液体帮助很多人了。
‘Why are these important?’ the policewoman asks.
“这些东西为什么重要?”女警问。
‘Wait – and see!’ you say. You look at Joe and laugh.
“等着瞧吧!”你说。你看着乔笑了起来。
25 You look outside with Joe. He says, ‘I can see a dog looking in the dustbins. A seal eating a fish. There’s a man driving a car with no lights. This is very exciting!’
25 你和乔一起向外看。他说:“我能看见一只狗在翻垃圾桶。一只海豹在吃鱼。还有一个男人在开着没亮灯的车。这太令人兴奋了!”
■ You drink the liquid. Go to 5.
■ 你喝下液体。请跳转至第5节。
26 There are only two planes left. Is the thief on the red or the blue one? You want to go to the blue plane. Joe wants to go to the red plane.
26 只剩下两架飞机了。小偷是在红色的还是蓝色的那架上?你想去蓝色的飞机。乔想去红色的飞机。
■ You go to the blue plane. Go to 36.
■ 你去蓝色的飞机。请跳转至第36节。
■ You go to the red plane. Go to 2.
■ 你去红色的飞机。请跳转至第2节。
27 You run to the airport and see three planes. They are all different colours – blue, yellow and red. ‘Which one?’ you ask Joe.
27 你跑到机场,看见三架飞机。它们颜色各异——蓝色、黄色和红色。“是哪一架?”你问乔。
‘I don’t know. Can you see a man with a beard?’
“我不知道。你能看到一个留胡子的男人吗?”
‘No. We haven’t got much time. Let’s go.’
“不能。我们时间不多了。走吧。”
■ You go to the yellow plane. Go to 21.
■ 你去黄色的飞机。请跳转至第21节。
■ You go to the blue plane. Go to 36.
■ 你去蓝色的飞机。请跳转至第36节。
■ You go to the red plane. Go to 2.
■ 你去红色的飞机。请跳转至第2节。
28 You and Joe walk across the restaurant. The man in the white coat has a beard. You can see it now. He is wearing only one shoe. The man with the beard talks to a man with a hat. ‘I have it,’ he says and puts a notebook on the table. You look and see it is your notebook!
28 你和乔穿过餐厅。穿白大褂的男人留着胡子。你现在能看清了。他只穿了一只鞋。留胡子的男人和一个戴帽子的男人说话。“我拿到了,”他说着把一个笔记本放在桌上。你一看,发现那是你的笔记本!
The man with the hat says, ‘Good! Now we can make lots of money.’
戴帽子的男人说:“太好了!现在我们可以赚大钱了。”
■ You go to the men’s table. Go to 9.
■ 你走到那几个男人的桌旁。请跳转至第9节。
29 You talk to the man. He does not want to talk to you. He says, ‘Go away. I must work.’
29 你和那个男人说话。他不想理你。他说:“走开。我要工作。”
■ He is the thief, you think. You get the police. Go to 32.
■ 你觉得他就是小偷。你叫来了警察。请跳转至第32节。
■ You leave him and go to the blue plane. Go to 36.
■ 你离开他并前往蓝色的飞机。请跳转至第36节。
30 You talk to the pilot. ‘I am looking for someone,’ you say. ‘A man with a beard who smells of oranges.’
30 你和飞行员交谈。“我在找人,”你说。“一个留着胡子、身上有橙子味的男人。”
The pilot says, ‘Everyone on my plane smells of oranges. There is a man with a beard. He is in that building.’ The pilot points to a building with three doors. ‘Why do you want him?’
飞行员说:“我飞机上的每个人闻起来都有橙子味。确实有个留胡子的男人。他在那栋楼里。”飞行员指着一栋有三个门的建筑。“你们找他干什么?”
‘He is a thief, I think. Can you phone the police?’ you ask. Then you and Joe run to the building.
“我觉得他是小偷。你能报警吗?”你问。然后你和乔跑向那栋楼。
■ You go in the restaurant door. Go to 23.
■ 你从餐厅的门进去。请跳转至第23节。
■ You go in the waiting room door. Go to 14.
■ 你从候机室的门进去。请跳转至第14节。
■ You go in the shop door. Go to 35.
■ 你从商店的门进去。请跳转至第35节。
31 You look in the cupboard and you find Joe. There is a scarf over his mouth and sticky tape on his hands. ‘Are you OK?’ you ask, and take the scarf away.
31 你查看橱柜,发现了乔。他嘴上围着围巾,手上缠着胶带。“你没事吧?”你问,并取下了围巾。
‘Yes, I’m OK,’ he says.
“是的,我没事,”他说。
‘What can you remember?’ you ask.
“你还记得什么?”你问。
‘A man… with a beard. A smell of… oranges. A fight. His shoe in my hand…’
“一个男人……留着胡子。一股……橙子味。打了一架。我手里拿着他的鞋……”
‘Where is the thief?’ you ask.
“小偷在哪里?”你问。
Joe looks at the sticky tape and says, ‘The airport, perhaps?’
乔看着胶带说:“也许在机场?”
You go outside. ‘Look!’
你走到外面。“看!”
There are three tracks in the snow.
雪地里有三条踪迹。
■ You follow the tracks on the left. Go to 13.
■ 你沿着左边的踪迹前进。请跳转至第13节。
■ You follow the tracks on the right. Go to 37.
■ 你沿着右边的踪迹前进。请跳转至第37节。
■ You follow the tracks straight on. Go to 34.
■ 你沿着中间的踪迹直行。请跳转至第34节。
32 You get the police. They ask the man lots of questions. After a long time they tell you, ‘He works on the plane and he is not the man you want.’ It is now very late – the thief is far away.
32 你叫来了警察。他们问了那个男人很多问题。过了很久他们告诉你:“他在飞机上工作,不是你们要找的人。”现在已经很晚了——小偷早就逃远了。
■ You must begin again. Go back to 1.
■ 你必须重新开始。请返回第1节。
33 You look in the room. You can’t see your notebook. Or the flower. Or the small bottle with the liquid in. This is very bad. And where is Joe? Can he be a thief?
33 你在房间里搜寻。你看不到你的笔记本。也看不到花。或者装液体的小瓶子。这太糟糕了。乔在哪里?难道他是小偷?
Just then you hear a noise. At first you think it is the wind.
就在这时你听到了一个声音。起初你以为是风声。
You hear it again. It is not the wind. Where is the noise coming from?
你又听到了。那不是风声。声音是从哪里传来的?
■ You look under the table. Go to 17.
■ 你看向桌子底下。请跳转至第17节。
■ You look in the cupboard. Go to 31.
■ 你查看橱柜。请跳转至第31节。
34 You follow the tracks straight on. These tracks are yours. They take you back to the building, so you follow the tracks on the right.
34 你沿着踪迹直行。这些是你们自己的踪迹。它们把你带回了大楼,于是你转而沿着右边的踪迹前进。
■ Go to 37.
■ 请跳转至第37节。
35 You go to the shop door but the shop is closed.
35 你走到商店门前,但商店关门了。
■ You go to the restaurant. Go to 23.
■ 你去餐厅。请跳转至第23节。
■ You go to the waiting room. Go to 14.
■ 你去候机室。请跳转至第14节。
36 You go to the blue plane. There are lots of boxes of oranges. A man with long hair is putting the boxes in a lorry. Next to him is the pilot. Some passengers are next to the plane, but nobody has a beard.
36 你走向蓝色的飞机。那里有很多箱橙子。一个长头发的男人正在把箱子搬上卡车。他旁边是飞行员。飞机旁有一些乘客,但没有人留胡子。
‘Do we talk to the man with the long hair or the pilot?’ you ask Joe.
“我们是跟长头发的男人谈还是跟飞行员谈?”你问乔。
■ You talk to the pilot. Go to 30.
■ 你和飞行员交谈。请跳转至第30节。
■ You talk to the man with long hair. Go to 8.
■ 你和长头发的男人说话。请跳转至第8节。
37 These tracks go to the airport.
37 这些踪迹通向机场。
■ Go to 27.
■ 请跳转至第27节。
0 条评论