Are we picking him up at the station?
我们要去车站接他吗?
That’s for sure.
说的也是。
Hello.
哈罗。
No, by train.
不,坐火车。
Great! Let’s do it!
好,我们去!
But it’s fun.
但很有趣。
Hi, honey.
嗨,亲爱的。
Won’t he miss being in Florida?
他不会想念佛罗里达吗?
By plane?
坐飞机来?
We are going upstairs to set up Grandpa’s room.
我们要上楼收拾一下爷爷的房间。
It’s crazy here most of the time.
这儿经常吵吵闹闹。
Good morning, Mom.
早安,妈妈。
But I think he’ll like being here with the family.
但我想他也会喜欢和全家人住在这儿。
Well, hi, fellas.
你们大家好。
It just takes time to feel comfortable in a new place.
总是需要一段时间才能适应一个新的环境。
Not Grandpa. He doesn’t want anybody picking him up. He likes to be independent.
爷爷不是这种人,他不愿意让别人接他,他独立性很强。
Morning, Marilyn.
早安,Marilyn。
When does he arrive?
他什么时候到?
At six o’clock this evening.
今晚六点。
There’s coffee ready.
咖啡准备好了。
Huh.
哦。
I think he will.
我想会的。
You know, maybe I’ll put together some photos of Grandpa as a “welcome” present.
我说,或许我把爷爷的一些照片组合起来,作为欢迎他的一份礼物。
Are you sure about that?
你真的这么想吗?
I am so excited!
我感到好兴奋!
Well, he will.
他会的。
He’s so funny. He always makes me laugh.
他很逗趣,他总是让我笑。
At this time tomorrow morning, Grandpa will be sitting in the kitchen with us.
明早这时候,爷爷就和我们一起坐在厨房里啦。
Marilyn, you want coffee or tea?
Marilyn,你要咖啡还是茶?
I’m really excited about seeing Grandpa.
一想到要见到爷爷,我就觉得兴奋。
Oh, let’s go upstairs and prepare Grandpa’s room.
对,我们上去准备一下爷爷的房间。
I hope Grandpa’s going to like living with us.
我希望爷爷喜欢和我们住在一起。
Coffee, please.
请来点咖啡。
Morning.
早安。
Me, too. Milk, please.
我也一样。请递给我牛奶。
Well, Grandpa will be disappointed, too.
爷爷也会感到失望。
I don’t know. It’s locked.
不知道,锁着呢。
Oh, I remember this picture.
噢,我还记得这张照片。
What’s inside?
这里面是什么?
I’d really like to pick up Grandpa at the railroad station.
我真想去火车站接爷爷。
I have a picture of Grandpa and Dad and me in my wallet.
我皮夹里有一张照片,是爷爷、爸爸和我在一起照的。
I want to put some of my good hangers in Grandpa’s closet.
我想在爷爷的衣橱里放几个好的衣架。
She wants to be here for Grandpa.
她原希望在此等爷爷。
He’s something!
他真了不起!
You know I’m very excited about his arrival.
你知道我对他的到来是多么兴奋。
She always reminds him of Grandma.
Susan总是让他想起奶奶。
I’ve got it!
有啦!
Oh, hi, darling.
哦,亲爱的。
That’s a neat idea. What can I do?
这是个好主意,那我能做点什么呢?
It’s from the Fathers and Sons’ Breakfast at my junior high school graduation.
那是在父子早餐会上拍的,在我初中毕业的时候。
Hi.
嗨!
Well, how’s everything here?
唔,东西都收拾好了吗?
That’s it.
是的。
Susan called early this morning.
Susan一大早打电话来。
She’s unhappy because she’s had to go to Chicago on a business trip and can’t leave till tonight.
她很不高兴,因为她得到芝加哥出差,而且要到今晚才能脱身。
Fine. We were just wondering about this trunk.
好啦。我们正纳闷这只大衣箱呢。
Railroad stations or airports — Grandpa always tells us he’ll get here by himself.
无论是火车站还是机场,爷爷总是说他会自个儿设法到这里。
We are, too.
我们也很兴奋。
Is this all Grandpa’s stuff?
这里面都是爷爷的东西吗?
Morning, Philip.
早安,Philip。
But I’m sure he has a few bags with him on the train.
不过我相信他在火车上还有几件行李的。
He loves Susan.
他喜欢Susan。
A man next to me was smoking, and smoke really bothers me.
我旁边的那个人抽烟,我受不了。
Oh. I have the key. Grandpa sent it to me.
啊。钥匙在这里。爷爷寄来给我的。
My house is only a few miles from Spaceport.
我的家离Spaceport只有几哩路。
Oh, let me help you with this.
来,我帮你放好。
Do you want to sit by the window?
你想靠窗坐吗?
No, no. I just changed my seat.
不,不。我刚才换了一下座位。
No, no, no. I like the aisle seat better.
不,不,不。我喜欢坐在靠过道的地方。
Oh yes, yes. My husband’s there now.
啊,对,对。我丈夫现在就在那儿。
Small world. I’m from Titusville, too.
世界真小。我也是从Titusville来的。
Titusville. It’s near Orlando.
Titusville,在Orlando附近。
Please, you sit by the window.
你请靠窗坐。
Do you still live there?
你还住在那儿吗?
Oh, thank you.
啊,谢谢!
No. I sold the house and the furniture, put a few personal things in an old trunk, and shipped it to my children in New York.
不。我把房子和家俱都卖了,剩下一些东西放进一个旧衣箱,运到我孩子那儿去了,他们住在纽约。
I am, too. But didn’t you just get on?
我也是。可是你不是刚上车的吗?
Do you live in New York?
你住在纽约吗?
No, it’s not taken.
没有,没人坐。
It’s locked.
它锁着。
Really? What part?
真的?什么地方?
Pleased to meet you.
很高兴遇见你。
No, no. I’m from Florida.
不,我从佛罗里达来的。
Where are you from in Florida?
你从佛罗里达的什么地方来?
My name is Stewart… Malcolm Stewart.
我姓Stewart…Malcolm Stewart。
Do you still live there?
你现在还住那儿吗?
Excuse me. Is this seat taken?
对不起,请问这个座位有人吗?
Oh, thank you.
谢谢你。
I’m Elsa Tobin. How do you do?
我叫Elsa Tobin,你好。
He couldn’t take time off to come to New York with me.
他走不开,没办法和我一起来纽约。
I know that area.
我知道那地方。
My husband and I live near Spaceport.
我和我丈夫住在Spaceport附近。
What do you do?
你现在做什么工作?
He started with them almost forty years ago.
他在那里做了快四十年了。
Are you married?
你有家室吗?
Do you have family in New York?
你在纽约有亲人吗?
I was in the smoking section.
我原本坐在吸烟车厢的。
Excuse me, ma’am. Ticket, please.
对不起,太太,车票请拿出来看一下。
It’s OK, lady. Take your time.
没关系,太太。慢慢来。
I’m sure it’s in your purse, Mrs. Tobin.
我相信是在你的皮包里,Tobin太太。
I’m sorry. Really, I’m sorry.
我为你难过,真的为你难过。
Oh, here it is.
哦,在这里。
My wife died four years ago.
我妻子四年前去世了。
We like to go to the theater together.
我们常一起去看戏。
I have a ticket, I know.
我知道我有车票。
And here are your keys.
你的钥匙。
A construction company. Roads, bridges, big stuff.
无
No, no. But I do have very close friends in New York City.
没有。我在纽约有很要好的朋友。
That’s my destination.
那是我要去的地方。
But I just sold it and retired.
我前不久把它卖了,然后退休。
Oh, congratulations! That’s nice.
啊,恭喜你们!太好了。
She was a wonderful woman. A real friend.
她是个很好的女人,一个真正的朋友。
What does John do?
John现在做什么事?
一家营造公司.修路,桥,都是大工程.
无
Well, forty-seven, to be exact.
准确点说,四十七年。
John and I celebrate our fortieth anniversary next month.
下个月John和我将庆祝我们的结婚四十周年纪念。
I just retired. Had my own company.
我刚退休。我原来开一家公司。
He’s an aerospace engineer and works for Orlando Aircraft Corporation.
他担任航太工程师,为Orlando飞机公司工作。
Thank you.
谢谢。
We were married almost fifty years.
我们结婚将近五十年。
Would you kindly hold these keys, please?
请帮我拿一下钥匙。
Lots of wonderful memories.
留下的是许多美好的回忆。
And have a good stay in the Big Apple.
祝您在纽约愉快。
Dr. Philip Stewart, in Riverdale.
Philip Stewart大夫,在Riverdale。
but it’s too early to know for sure.
但我现在还不能决定。
I tried to teach my kids the importance of independence,
我总是告诫孩子们独立的重要。
Are you going to live with them?
您打算和他们一起住吗?
You said you have family in New York.
你说你在纽约有亲人。
Well, here we are.
好了,终于到啦。
Your son?
你的儿子?
We’re in the phone book.
我们家的电话号码你可以在电话簿上查到。
I’m pretty independent.
我是独立性很强的人。
I understand. But tell me. Why did you stop working?
我能理解。告诉我,你为什么要退休?
Yes, indeed.
对,没错。
You must be excited.
您一定很兴奋。
Well… they want me to,
这…他们希望这样。
but I’m not sure I want to be alone.
但我不知道我是否想一个人生活。
Amtrak is happy to announce our arrival in New York City.
我们很高兴报告诸位,Amtrak火车就要到达纽约了。
The train will be stopping in five minutes.
火车将在五分钟后靠站。
That’s right. And have a good time in New York.
对。祝你在纽约玩得愉快。
Permanently?
一直住下去?
It was so nice meeting you, Mr. Stewart.
很高兴遇见你,Stewart先生。
And nice meeting you, too, Mrs. Tobin.
我也很高兴见到你,Tobin太太。
A son and his wife and their three children — my grandchildren.
有个儿子,还有儿媳妇以及他们的叁个孩子—我的孙儿女们。
I didn’t want to be alone anymore!
我不想再一个人独自生活了。
Some people don’t mind being alone. I do.
有些人不在乎独自生活,我在乎。
Please look us up.
请和我们联络。
Please check to be sure you have your belongings.
请记得带您的行李。
I can’t wait, to see them!
我恨不得马上见到他们。
Yes.
对。
Ladies and gentlemen,
各位女士,各位先生,
Thank you.
谢谢。
I retired because… I wanted to be with my family.
我退休是因为…我想和全家人在一起。
I started traveling twenty-four hours ago.
从出门到现在已经二十四小时了。
I’m not so young anymore.
我不再那么年轻了。
I can’t wait to see her.
我等不及要见她。
Oh, I’m sorry Susan isn’t here.
啊,可惜Susan不在。
Good idea.
好。
I miss her very much.
我非常想她。
From me and Marilyn.
Marilyn和我送的。
After a good night’s sleep, I’ll enjoy breakfast even more.
好好睡一觉,明早吃早餐会更香。
Richard, these are terrific pictures.
Richard这些照片真棒。
And this one’s from me.
这张是我送的。
I looked all over the house to find it.
我找遍了整间屋子才找到它。
Ellen and I’ll take you to your room.
Ellen和我带你去你房间。
Let’s give him our presents — now.
现在把我们的礼物送给爷爷吧。
Presents — for me?
礼物—给我的?
Well, come on, Dad.
好,来吧,爸。
Don’t you want something to eat?
您想吃点什么吗?
That’s a great idea, Grandpa!
这太好了,爷爷。
Robbie, we’ll go fishing soon, and we’ll take your dad with us.
Robbie啊,我们很快就会去。带你爸爸也一起去。
She called to say the plane was delayed.
她打电话回来,告诉我们飞机误点。
And don’t be so independent.
不要再坚持独立个性了。
You’re very lucky to have a caring family.
你很幸运有一个温馨的家庭。
I’d better unpack.
我还是先把行李打开吧。
This one really brings back memories.
这一张的确唤起了许多的回忆。
I’m ready, Grandpa. You name the day.
我准备好啦,爷爷。哪一天随你挑吧。
No, thanks.
不用了,谢谢。
You know airports.
机场的事你是知道的。
Philip needs a day off.
Philip需要休假。
She feels bad, too, Grandpa.
她也很沮丧,爷爷。
When can we go fishing?
我们什么时候去钓鱼?
I sure do. It was fun.
当然。当时真有意思。
You remember that day, Robbie?
你还记得那天吗,Robbie?
She looks just like Grandma at that age.
她和她奶奶年轻时候长得一模一样。
I have the key, but it doesn’t work.
我有钥匙,但是开不开箱子。
Oh, you look so beautiful, Susan. My granddaughter.
啊,你真漂亮,Susan,我的好孙女。
I’m sure glad you’re here, Grandpa.
您来这里我真高兴,爷爷。
I think you’re going to be very happy here with us.
我想你和我们住在一起会很愉快的。
I sent the wrong key.
我寄错了钥匙。
Lots of interesting information about our family.
里面很多我们家有趣的东西呢。
I researched it for over a year.
我研究了一年多。
Why, I didn’t know that your grandfather was born in Germany.
你看,我竟然不知道您的爷爷出生在德国。
Good night, Grandpa.
晚安,爷爷。
It’s our family tree.
这是我们的家谱。
I don’t feel alone anymore.
我再也不觉得孤独了。
Pleasant dreams.
祝你有个好梦。
Oh, Grandpa, I’m so happy to see you!
啊,爷爷,见到您我真高兴。
A gift from me.
这是我的一件礼物。
Like I always said, you look just like Grandma.
我老是说,你真像你奶奶。
I think you’ll enjoy it.
我想你们会喜欢的。
Grandpa! Grandpa!
爷爷,爷爷!
Philip, do you have the key to the trunk?
Philip,衣箱的钥匙在你那里吗?
Fabulous!
真是令人难以置信。
Thank you so much.
太感谢你了。
Oh, Grandpa! How exciting!
啊,爷爷,真了不起。
I have something for you. I made it myself.
我有件东西给你们,是我亲手做的。
I know you will.
我想你会的。
0 条评论