My instructor thought that the beginner’s class was too easy for me.

老师认为初级课程对我来说太容易了。

I think aerobics is easy.

我觉得有氧运动很容易。

Listen, Richard, doing aerobics for an hour is a lot different than lifting weights.

听着,Richard,一小时的有氧运动可与举重大不相同。

Tomorrow morning after lifting weights,

明早举完重,

Yeah. My new advanced exercise class.

对,新的高级健身班。

So?

那又怎么样?

别笑.在初级课程中,你有机会休息.

When’s the next class?

下一次上课什么时候?

Aren’t you going to the aerobics class this morning?

今天上午你不是去上有氧运动课吗?

Yeah. Quite a bit different.

是啊,相当不一样。

I’ll try aerobics.

我去试试有氧运动。

Too easy for you?

对你太容易了?

Why advanced?

为什么是高级的?

Tomorrow morning at ten o’clock. Try it.

明早上午十点。来试一试吧。

I could work out in your class with no problem.

如果我去你的班上做运动,一定不会觉得有问题。

Are you kidding me?

你在取笑我?

The advanced class is nonstop.

高级课程里是没有休息的。

It’s going to be a piece of cake.

这种事不费吹灰之力。

You think so?

你这样认为?

Oh, without a doubt.

啊,毫无问题。

No problem.

小事一桩。

Your new exercise class?

你的新健身班?

Of Course. Easy. No sweat.

当然,小事情。绝无问题。

It’s a nap. Tomorrow morning at ten o’clock.

简单得很。明早十点。

I lift weights every morning for sixty minutes without stopping.

每天早晨我举重六十分钟,中间还不是没有休息。

Don’t laugh. In the beginner’s class, they give you a chance to rest between exercises.

You are not going to be able to move after this and the aerobics class.

你会动都动不了的,在你做完这个,又去上有氧运动课之后。

I am exhausted. My new exercise class is so hard.

我太累了。我那新的健身班太难了。

I’d like to come to the ten o’clock advanced class this morning.

我想今早十点来上你的高级健身班。

Bye-bye. It’s all set. I’m going.

再见。都安排好了。我现在就去。

And that includes Susan.

包括Susan的。

See you later.

待会见。

Ok. Call my instructor, Jack Davis, right now.

好,给我的老师Jack Davis打个电话,现在就打。

Davis Aerobics Center for Good Health.

Davis有氧运动健身中心。

I bet I can go one hour in your class this morning and not feel a thing!

我打赌我今天上午到你的健身班运动一小时之后,丝毫不累。

Jack Davis, please.

请找Jack Davis。

It only takes eight minutes by bicycle to the aerobics class.

骑自行车去上有氧运动课只需要八分钟。

Good-bye.

再见。

OK, Richard. That’s terrific.

很好,Richard,真不错。

Bye.

再见。

Well, it’s eight twenty now.

现在是八点二十了。

The bet is — I win, and you cook dinner for the entire family.

这样赌好了——要是我赢了,全家晚餐你来煮。

Yeah. What’s the bet?

好啊,赌什么?

Hello. This is Richard Stewart.

你好,我是Richard Stewart。

His number is 555-8842.

他的电话是555—8842,

It’s a bet.

一言为定。

Don’t you forget.

你自己别忘了。

Give him a call.

打个电话给他。

You need to complete some forms before the class.

上课之前你得填一些表格。

You want to bet?

想打赌吗?

Thanks. I’m on my way over.

谢谢,我马上就来。

Or you win, and I cook dinner for the entire family.

要是你赢了,我替全家做晚餐。

The advanced class starts at ten o’clock.

高级健身课十点钟开始。

This is Jack Davis.

我就是Jack Davis。

Good luck.

祝你好运。

Don’t forget about the bet.

别忘了打赌的事。

Dinner for the entire family.

给全家做晚餐,

Oh, fine, fine. Be here a few minutes early.

啊,好,好。请早几分钟到这。

My wife, Marilyn Stewart, is a member of your program.

我太太Marily Stewart是你的学生。

Good. Do you have any back or knee problems?

好。你的背部和膝关节有什么毛病吗?

How about today?

今天怎么样?

Sunrises. Stretch it out. Flat back.

双手捧日。尽量伸展。平背拉回。

What do you do for a living, Mr. Stewart?

你是做哪一行的,Stewart先生?

Terrific!

太好了!

Six months ago.

六个月以前。

Stretch up… and we’re going to go left first…

伸展…先向左…

You can sit down now.

现在你可以坐下了。

Everything. The American scene. People, places, events.

什么都拍。美国风光。人物、地方、事件。

Hi.

嗨。

Interesting. What do you photograph?

很有意思。你拍些什么样的照片呢?

I need some good photos for my advertising, Mr. Stewart.

我做广告需要一些好照片,Stewart先生。

Your pressure is 120 over 75, and that’s fine.

你的收缩压是120,舒张压 75。

When can I photograph a class?

我何时才来拍上课呢?

I’m a photographer.

我是摄影师。

Maybe you can photogragh a class, and I can give you and Mrs. Stewart a month of classes? Free.

也许你来拍一次上课的情形,我让你和你太太免费上一个月的课。

When was your last complete physical?

上一次全身检查是什么时候?

Anytime.

什么时候都行。

OK, hold to the right.

好,在右边停住。

Nope. I am in perfect health.

没有。我身体好的很。

But don’t you think it’d be a good subject?

你不觉得这是个好题材吗?

Yeah. Yeah. Let’s get in our lines.

是啊,是啊。请排好位置。

Now stand up, please.

现在站起来。

2,3,4… now switch…

2,3,4…现在,左右交替…

Good, it’s 122 over 80.

好,收缩压122,舒张压80。

Are we ready to go?

我们可以开始了吗?

Sure.

当然是。

We’re going to take it slow first.

开头我们要做慢一点。

Oh, hi.

噢,嗨。

No… I can’t remember taking pictures of people exercising.

没有,…我好像没有拍过人们练健身操的照片。

Did you ever think of photographing an aerobics class?

你想过拍摄有氧运动课吗?

The main course: steak and potatoes.

主菜:牛排和马铃薯。

Cooking dinner for the entire family is not so easy.

给全家人做晚餐真不是件容易的事。

Richard, how much broccoli do I need for seven people?

Richard,七个人吃需要多少花椰菜?

And we’re going to warm down with a tango.

我们用探戈舞步来舒缓,

The shopping. the salad: tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, and onions.

采买项目。沙拉:蕃茄、莴苣、黄瓜、洋葱。

Nope.

不会。

That’s six steaks.

六份牛排。

And don’t forget to invite Susan for dinner.

别忘了请Susan来吃晚餐。

Take it side again… OK, and switch. Stretch it out.

再侧身…好,左右交替。尽量伸展。

Richard, did you go to the aerobics class, really?

Richard,你真的上了有氧运动课吗?

Bring it up… and twists… and side… 2, 3… and left… push… push… turn… hit the floor.

身体打直…扭摆…侧身…2,3…向左…推…推…转身…坐地板。

Grandpa, Ellen, Philip, Robbie, you and me.

爷爷、Ellen、Philip、Robbie、你和我。

Left, right. Enjoy it.

左,右。放松。

Richard, did you go to the Davis Aerobics class today?

Richard,你去上Davis有氧运动健身课了吗?

And they don’t hurt? not even a little?

不会酸痛?一点也不会?

Nothing. I am in excellent health.

没什么。我身体好的很。

In other words, I’m in wonderful condition.

总之,我身体非常好。

Don’t forget Susan.

别忘了Susan。

You are in great condition. I can’t believe it!

你的身体太好啦。我简直不敢相信。

And your legs don’t hurt?

你的腿不酸不痛?

What is wrong with you?

你怎么啦?

Hurt? What do you mean?

酸痛?什么意思?

Seven steaks.

七份牛排。

What about your arms? Lift your arms up like this.

你胳膊怎么样?手抬起来,像这样。

Yes, I went to the aerobics class today.

去了啦,我上了有氧运动课了。

I have ideal blood pressure. A perfect heart.

我血压正常得很,心脏也很好。

Don’t forget to breathe.

别忘了呼吸。

No.

没有。

Remember, you win, and I cook dinner for the entire family.

记得吗,你要是赢了,我给全家做晚餐。

Yes, Richard.

说吧,Richard。

I’m sorry, Marilyn.

对不起,Marilyn。

And twist, twist.

扭摆,扭摆。

You win, and I cook dinner for the entire family.

你赢了,我给全家做晚餐。

I wanted to, but Jack Davis needed a photographer.

我真的想参加上课,但Jack Davis要我拍照。

There’s another advanced class today at four o’clock.

今天下午四点钟还有一次高级班,

Yeah. Just wait.

是啊,等着瞧吧。

OK. Let’s pick up the pace.

好,把节奏加快一些。

How are you doing, Richard?

现在怎么样,Richard?

5, 6, 7, go right, 1, 2, back,

5,6,7,向右,1,2,后退,

And you didn’t exercise?

你没有参加健身操?

Including Susan.

包括Susan的。

Marilyn, I have to tell you something.

Marilyn,我得告诉你,

At today’s exercise class…

今天上健身课的时候…

What about the bet?

那打赌的事呢?

I can barely move.

我简直动不了啦。

Skip, hop, front.

跳,蹦,向前,

Twist… again… OK, now… scissors.

扭摆…再来…好现在…张腿合腿。

This is fun. It’s a piece of cake.

有意思,毫不费力。

I don’t understand. Did you exercise or not?

我搞不懂,你到底作了健身操没有?

1, 2, 3, kick… 1, 2, 3, kick… pony.

1,2,3,踢,…1,2,3踢…小马步,

2, 3, 4, front. Now we’re going to run it off.

2,3,4,前踢。现在,我们来快跑。

Oh, the bet is still on, but you shop for the groceries.

打赌人仍然有效,但你去买菜。

We’ll go together.

我们一起去。

2, 3, 1, 2, 3, pony, pony…

2,3,1,2,3,小马步,小马步,…

Well, I didn’t really exercise.

嗯,我没有真的上健身课。

I knew it!

我就知道!

No. Instead of exercising, I photographed the class.

没有,没有,我在给他们拍照。

Four o’clock at the advanced exercise class. With me.

四点钟去高级健身课,跟我一起。

All right. That’s it for today.

行了。今天就做这些。

Thanks. But I have a question.

谢谢。但我想问一下,

Front… knees up, knees up.

前踢,膝盖抬高。

Come on, Richard. Get up. Let’s go.

好啦,Richard。起来。走吧。

No, no, you were right. I was wrong.

确实不容易,你说对了。我错了。

Oh, you’ll do it. It’s a piece of cake.

噢,你办得到的。这不费吹灰之力。

The advanced exercise class is not so easy, huh?

高级健身班不是那么容易吧,对不对?

Thank you, everyone. See you next week.

谢谢大家。下星期见。

Thanks!

谢谢。

OK. Keep those knees up.

好,膝盖抬高。

You are a terrific instructor, Jack.

你真是个了不起的教练,Jack。

Yes, it is.

是的。

You have to cook dinner for the entire family.

你今晚得替全家做晚餐呢。

Thank you, Jack, but no thank you.

谢谢你,Jack,但不谢你。

You are in great shape, Richard.

你的身体状况好极了,Richard。

Is this your very first advanced aerobics class?

这是你第一次上有氧运动高级班吗?

Marilyn, I’m exhausted. I can’t move.

Marilyn,我太累了。简直动不了。

Very few people last in this class for the full hour the very first time.

很少人能够第一次撑完一个小时的课。

It’s true. You are in great shape.

这是真的。你的身体很好。

Excuse me, Richard, Marilyn.

打扰一下,Richard,Marilyn。

OK. Finish off by jogging in place.

好,结束之前在原地慢跑。

I think we’ll cook dinner together.

我想,我们一起做晚餐了。


yewandou

一个人要有坚强的毅力,否则他将一事无成

0 条评论

发表回复

您的邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注

蜀ICP备2025134762号 | 川公网安备51011202001092号 | 网站地图