I think the kids’ll love it.

我觉得孩子们会喜欢。

Where?

在什么地方?

Telephone Mrs. Zaskey at the advertising agency.

打电话给广告代理Zaskey夫人。

in the conference room.

在会议室。

Where are they?

草图在哪儿?

Ten o’clock,

十点钟,

Huh.

嗯!

Will do.

没问题。

Yes, I did.

是的,我看过了。

Right here.

就在这里。

Make sure everybody is at that meeting.

要确定每一位都出席这次会议。

the client from the Toytown Stores.

这个客户来自Toytown Stores。

At six you’re meeting, Mr. Ozawa.

六点钟你要会见Ozawa先生。

Eleven o’clock, approve the sketches for the toy spaceship.

十一点钟,批示玩具太空船的草图。

Did you look at them?

你看过了吗?

Hmm. I can’t remember.

嗯,我记不起来了。

You work too hard, Susan.

你太拼命工作了,Susan。

Oh, yes. Are his models here?

噢,对啦。他的模型在这里吗?

you have a lunch appointment with Mr. Levine,

你跟Levine先生约好吃午餐,

They’re in my office.

在我办公室。

telephone FAO Schwarz about the new twin baby dolls.

打电话给FAO Schwarz谈关于双胞娃娃玩具的事。

you have a meeting with the production staff

你要与生产部门人员开会

You really ought to take some time off.

你的确应该休一休假。

Good morning, Sam.

早安,Sam。

At Rossano’s.

在Rossano餐厅。

I did that. Go on.

我已经打了。继续说。

Well, at one o’clock

嗯,一点钟,

When was your last day off?

你上次休假是在什么时候?

At four o’clock,

四点钟,

Would you show me the drawings, please?

请把草图给我看看好吗?

What else?

还有什么?

I’d like to see them.

我想看看。

Good morning, Susan.

早安,Susan。

Come on, Sam…

好啦, Sam…

Right.

好的。

What do you think of the spaceship?

你觉得那个太空船怎么样?

Now, what else is on the schedule today?

那么,今天的工作表上还有些什么?

What’s the schedule today?

今天的工作是怎么安排的?

OK.

好的。

Hmm. Anything else?

嗯,还有其他事吗?

She’s very talented.

她很有才华。

These are the models from the Japanese film maker.

这些是那位日本电影制片家那里的模型。

It seems to me I scheduled something else.

好像我还安排了什么别的事情。

Yes, Sam?

什么事,Sam?

What time is my lunch date with Bill Levine?

我与Bill Levine约好的中饭时间是几点?

One o’clock.

一点钟。

My watch stopped.

我的表停了。

I’m sure I did.

我确信我安排了什么事。

To enjoy the simple things in life…

享受人生乐趣…

Would you call Priscilla Smith at FAO Schwarz, please?

请拨电话给FAO Schwarz的Priscilla Smith,好吗?

Hmm. It’s probably nothing.

嗯,也许没什么事。

And the new drawings for the toy spaceship.

还有玩具太空船的新草图。

it’s going to be too late when I do remember.

等我想起来时已经太晚了。

What time is it, anyway?

几点钟了?顺便说一声。

Thank you. Just put them on my desk.

谢谢。把它们放在我桌上。

To smell the flowers.

去轻松一下。

No,

记不起来了。

It’s eleven thirty.

十一点半。

Maybe soon.

也许很快就会。

What for?

为什么?

I just solved the mystery.

我刚刚把那个谜底解开了。

Wonderful.

真精采。

Remind me to leave at twelve forty-five.

提醒我十二点四十五分走。

but I have a feeling

但我觉得

I hope it isn’t important.

希望不是什么重要事。

OK, let’s get started.

好吧,我们开始工作。

Did you remember your other appointment for today?

你还记得今天的另一个约会吗?

What did I forget?

我忘记什么?

There’s nothing else in the appointment book.

在工作日志里没有别的事了。

Today is the twelfth. Why?

今天是十二号。怎么?

We have a new artist.

我们找来了一位新的美工人员。

Oh, wait a minute. What’s today’s date?

噢,等一等,今天几号?

Oh, well, I’ll probably remember it later.

噢,也许过一会我会记起来。

I know, Sam.

我知道, Sam。

Right.

好的。

That was fast.

而且又快。

Near the Exit sign.

就在出口标志附近。

You have some guests in the reception room.

你有几位客人在接待室等你。

with Mr. Levine?

与Levine先生的邀约?

Hello.

你好。

Hello, Harry.

你好,Harry。

We’re going to go to lunch in a few minutes, honey.

我们一下子就去吃中餐,亲爱的。

I used to be that way when I was her age.

我像她这般年纪也是这样。

Hi, Susan.

嗨, Susan。

Well, he’s here with his daughter to have lunch.

嗯,他和他女儿已到这里等吃午餐了。

Michelle picked these flowers out for you.

Michelle选这些花送你。

What are you going to do about your appointment

那你怎么办

I made a lunch date with him and his daughter weeks ago.

几星期前我约好和他以及他女儿共进午餐。

OK. You go out and get a drink of water at the fountain.

好。你出去在饮水机那儿喝点水吧。

Any suggestions?

有什么建议吗?

It’s nice to see you again.

很高兴再见到你们。

Harry, if Michelle doesn’t want to go,

Harry,如果Michelle不想去,

Michelle is a little shy.

Michelle有点不好意思。

we don’t have to.

我们不必勉强。

Is he a client?

他是顾客吗?

We have both been excited about seeing you

我们两个很高兴见到你,

But I’m thirsty.

可是我渴了。

and I promised to have lunch with both of them today.

我答应今天和他们共进午餐。

I met her at Thanksgiving,

我在感恩节与她见面,

He’s a friend.

他是位朋友。

Mr. Harry Bennett and his daughter.

Harry Bennett先生和他女儿。

I remember!

我记起来了!

Remember,

别忘了,

Oh… Harry!

噢…Harry!

The fountain is over there, Michelle.

饮水机在那里,Michelle。

Daddy, can we go soon?

爸爸,我们能快点走吗?

and having lunch with you today.

并与你一起吃中餐,

Hi, Michelle.

嗨,Michelle。

Thank you.

谢谢你。

Oh!

噢!

Yes, indeed.

是的,原来如此。

She’ll be fine.

她没有问题。

What? Who?

什么?是谁?

What’ll it be?

想来点什么?

I’d really appreciate it… Yes… Thank you…

我非常感激…好的…谢谢你…

OK, Daddy.

好的,爸爸。

Welcome to the South Street restaurant, folks.

欢迎光临南街餐馆,各位。

on the telephone for me, please.

请替我拨电话。

Right.

好的。

and a pitcher of lemonade.

和一壶柠檬汁。

What do you recommend?

你推荐什么?

Susan, would you like the crab salad?

Susan,你要不要蟹肉沙拉?

He’s on the phone.

他在电话上。

I haven’t dated any one else since her mother died.

自从她母亲去世之后,我从没有和别人约会过。

Would you excuse me?

失陪一下。

Mr. Levine, Susan Stewart.

Levine先生,我是Susan Stewart。

Hello. Susan Stewart calling Mr. Levine, please.

喂,Susan Stewart想跟Levine先生通话。

We’ll have three crab salads

我们来叁份蟹肉沙拉

and forgot to enter it in my appointment book.

但忘了写到工作日志里。

Can you and I meet for drinks tomorrow?

你和我能否在明天见面喝点什么吗?

I made another lunch date for today

我和别人约好共进午餐,

Are you ready to go?

你准备好动身吗?

Thank you, Mr. Levine.

谢谢你,Levine先生。

Sam, get Mr. Levine at Toytown Stores

Sam,给Toytown Stores的Levine先生

I’ll see you then.

到时候见啦。

This is a little difficult for her.

这对她来说有点不习惯。

I’d love the crab salad.

我要蟹肉沙拉。

Help yourself to celery and carrots and other vegetables.

请你们自己盛芹菜、胡萝卜和其他蔬菜。

I have a call to make.

我需要打个电话,

Michelle, would you like to try the crab salad, too?

Michelle,你要不要也试试蟹肉沙拉?

Yes. But could you wait one minute?

是的。不过,你能等一下吗?

Tomorrow at five o’clock at the Biltmore.

明天五点钟,在Biltmore饭店。

Well, the crab salad’s always a big hit.

嗯,蟹肉沙拉一向是广受欢迎的。

I find myself in an embarrassing situation.

我现在有一件很糗的事。

There you go.

东西来了。

Do you remember, Michelle?

你还记得吗,Michelle?

Where was that?

在什么地方?

Will you let me be your friend, Michelle?

你愿意让我成为你的朋友吗,Michelle?

And right now, he needs a friend.

而且现在,他需要一个朋友

No, thank you.

不,谢谢你。

Sometimes, at night,

有时候,在夜里,

And so are you, I think.

我想你也如此。

With a piece of meat on a string!

用一根绳子拴着一点肉!

We used to catch crabs.

我们以前常捉螃蟹。

So, what were you two talking about?

你们俩刚才谈什么了?

I know you are.

我知道你是。

we would go down to the beach and catch crabs,

我们走到海边抓螃蟹,

Enjoy it.

请享用。

We had a summer house on Fire Island.

我们在火岛有一所避暑别墅,

You and Mommy used to take me on the ferryboat.

你和妈妈常带我坐渡船。

I’m his friend.

我是他的朋友

Thank you.

谢谢。

Michelle, can we have a talk?

Michelle,我们能谈一谈吗?

Thank you.

谢谢。

Because we like each other.

因为我们彼此喜欢。

spending so much time together?

老是在一起呢?

And some ice-cold lemonade.

还有冰凉的柠檬汁。

It’s too hard to explain.

这很难解释清楚。

Sure.

当然记得。

Sometimes he’s very sad.

他有时很忧悒。

Michelle, can I help you with the lemonade?

Michelle,我帮你倒点柠檬汁好吗?

I’d like to be your friend, too.

我也想成为你的朋友。

remember?

记得吗?

Then why are you and Daddy

那为什么你和爸爸

Right.

对。

I’ll wait for my father.

我要等我爸爸。

You do?

你真的知道?

Sure.

当然。

Well, I think I’m going to go get us all some vegetables.

好啦,我想我去给大家盛点蔬菜来。

Just girl talk, Daddy.

只是女孩子之间的谈话,爸爸。

Sometimes.

有时候。

I know you miss your mother.

我知道你想念你妈妈。

Yes. And I’m not trying to take her place.

是的,我并不想取代她。

So did I.

我也一样。

He knows everything about the production schedule,

他知道生产进度的一切情况,

in a horse and carriage.

坐马车。

You’re late.

你已经迟了。

OK. We’ll walk back to your office with you.

好吧,我们陪你走回你的办公室去。

Sam, this is Susan.

Sam,我是Susan。

Susan Stewart’s office.

Susan Stewart办公室。

Take the time, Susan.

别那么忙,Susan。

but… well, there are too many things to do.

但是…我要做的事情太多了。

Well, let’s get started.

好吧,我们开始吃吧。

I’m sorry you can’t come with us, Susan.

很遗憾你不能同我们一起去,Susan。

I planned to take you for a ride in Central Park

我原打算带你去中央公园

Harry! Michelle! Can you wait till I make a phone call?

Harry! Michelle!你们等一下让我打个电话好吗?

Ask Paul Smith to fill in for me.

叫Paul Smith代替我出席。

Oh, it’s a quarter to four,

噢,差十五分就四点了,

Well, I had a really nice time.

嗯,我玩得很开心。

and just enjoy this beautiful spring day.

尽情享受这美好的春天。

It’s so nice out.

外面天气真好。

I decided to forget about my accounting problems

我已决定不再去想那些会计上的问题,

and he can answer any questions.

他也可以回答任何问题。

Right.

好的。

So did I.

我也一样。

So am I.

我也很遗憾。

Don’t tell any one,

别告诉别人,

Right.

好的。

Fine.

很好。

You’re probably right.

也许你说得对。

I’ll go for a ride with Michelle.

我和Michelle一起去坐马车。

and I have a production meeting at four.

我四点钟有个生产会议。

Hi. How was lunch?

嗨,午餐怎么样?

I know.

我知道。

Sure.

当然。

I know I should,

我知道应该这样,

but I have work to do.

但我有工作要做。

Bye-bye.

再见。

Harry, I’d love to,

Harry,我确实想去,

I understand.

我了解。

The production department’s waiting in the conference room.

生产部门的人正在会议室等你。

That’s a secret… between us women.

这是个秘密…我们女人的秘密。

It’ll be our secret.

这只是你我之间的秘密。

Life.

生活。

And what did you decide?

那你们有什么结论呢?

I know. I like her.

我知道。我喜欢她。

for my six o’clock appointment with Mr. Ozawa.

参加六点钟与Ozawa先生的约见。

We had a talk.

我们谈了一下。

She likes you.

她喜欢你。

Thanks.

谢谢。

And have a nice afternoon.

祝你下午玩得愉快。

How’d you do it?

你是如何办到的?

About what?

谈什么?

Good for you.

我真为你高兴。

OK, Susan.

好的,Susan,

but I’m taking a little time to smell the flowers.

我正利用一点时间轻松一下。

I’ll be back

我会回来

But schedule another production meeting for tomorrow.

务必安排在明天举行另一次生产会议。


yewandou

一个人要有坚强的毅力,否则他将一事无成

0 条评论

发表回复

您的邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注

蜀ICP备2025134762号 | 川公网安备51011202001092号 | 网站地图