POLICE TV
监控录像

How much money do you take with you when you go shopping? Are you careful?
你去购物时带多少钱?你会小心吗?

Sometimes people steal money in the street – then you need the police to help you.
有时人们会在街上偷钱——那时你就需要警察来帮助你。

Dan, Sue, and Jim are police officers in London.
丹、苏和吉姆是伦敦的警察。

They are not happy because a robber steals money from people near some shops every day.
他们很不高兴,因为有个劫匪每天都在一些商店附近偷人们的钱。

How can they find the robber? What does the robber look like – is it a man or a woman? Old or young? It is not always easy to know.
他们怎样才能找到劫匪?劫匪长什么样——是男是女?年老还是年轻?这并不总是容易知道的。

What do they have to help them? They have radios – but robbers have phones.
他们有什么工具来帮忙?他们有对讲机——但劫匪有手机。

Dan, Sue, and Jim need something that the robber doesn’t have – they need Police TV!
丹、苏和吉姆需要一样劫匪没有的东西——他们需要“监控录像”!

1 THE JOGGER
1 慢跑者

Dan and Sue are police officers in London. It is a Tuesday morning, and Dan is angry.
丹和苏是伦敦的警察。这是一个星期二的早晨,丹很生气。

‘What’s the matter, Dan?’ Sue asks.
“怎么了,丹?”苏问。

‘Look at this,’ Dan says. ‘Every day someone steals money from people near the shops. We must stop this.’
“看看这个,”丹说,“每天都有人在商店附近偷钱。我们必须阻止这种事。”

‘Yes, of course,’ Sue says. ‘But who is it?’
“是的,当然,”苏说,“但是谁干的呢?”

‘There is a jogger,’ Dan says. ‘Every day he runs near the shops. Sometimes he runs into people. Perhaps he steals the money.’
“有个慢跑者,”丹说,“他每天都在商店附近跑步。有时他会撞到别人。也许是他偷了钱。”

‘OK,’ Sue says. ‘Let’s go to the shops. Perhaps we can see this jogger.’
“好吧,”苏说,“我们去商店那边。也许能看到这个慢跑者。”

They sit upstairs in a window over the shops. Dan has a radio. They watch the people in the street.
他们坐在商店楼上的窗边。丹带着对讲机。他们观察着街上的人。

‘Look!’ Sue says. ‘There’s the jogger!’
“看!”苏说,“那个慢跑者来了!”

The young man runs into an old woman, and she falls down. The jogger puts his hand on the old woman’s arm. ‘I’m sorry,’ he says. ‘Can I help you? Here’s your bag.’
那个年轻男子撞倒了一位老妇人。慢跑者把手放在老妇人的手臂上。“对不起,”他说,“我能帮你吗?这是你的包。”

Then a young woman shouts at him. ‘Don’t run here!’ she says. ‘It’s dangerous! Go away!’
然后一个年轻女子对他大喊。“别在这里跑!”她说,“太危险了!走开!”

The young man runs away. Dan talks in his radio. ‘Quick! Stop him! He’s running up North Street!’
年轻男子跑开了。丹对着对讲机说话。“快!拦住他!他正往北街跑去!”

A police car stops the young man in North Street.
一辆警车在北街拦住了那个年轻男子。

‘Are you OK now?’ Sue asks the old woman.
“你现在没事吧?”苏问那位老妇人。

‘Yes, thank you. Where is that nice young woman? I can’t see her now.’
“没事了,谢谢。那个好心的年轻女子在哪?我现在看不见她了。”

‘Have you got all your money?’ Sue asks.
“你的钱都在吗?”苏问。

The old woman looks in her bag. ‘No, I haven’t! My money’s in my purse. But my purse isn’t here!’
老妇人看了看包里。“不,不在!我的钱在钱包里。但是我的钱包不见了!”

‘OK Sue,’ Dan says. ‘Let’s talk to the jogger!’
“好的,苏,”丹说,“我们去问问那个慢跑者!”

‘Who are you?’ Sue asks the young man.
“你是谁?”苏问那个年轻男子。

‘My name’s Peter Jones. Why? Who are you?’
“我叫彼得·琼斯。怎么了?你们是谁?”

‘We’re police officers. Why do you go running past the shops every day?’
“我们是警察。你为什么每天在商店旁跑步?”

‘Why not? I like running.’
“为什么不行?我喜欢跑步。”

‘OK,’ Dan says. ‘Let’s look for the money.’
“好吧,”丹说,“让我们搜一下钱。”

‘What money?’ Peter Jones asks. ‘What are you talking about? I never take money with me when I run.’
“什么钱?”彼得·琼斯问,“你在说什么?我跑步时从不带钱。”

Dan looks for the money but he cannot find any.
丹找了找钱,但什么也没发现。

‘Can I go now?’ Peter Jones asks.
“我现在可以走了吗?”彼得·琼斯问。

‘OK,’ Dan says angrily. ‘But don’t come back!’
“行,”丹生气地说,“但别再回来了!”

‘Why not?’ Peter asks angrily. ‘I live here! And I’m not doing anything wrong!’ He runs away.
“为什么不行?”彼得生气地问,“我就住在这里!而且我没做错任何事!”他跑开了。

‘What do we do now?’ Sue asks. ‘Where is the old woman’s money, and her purse?’
“我们现在怎么办?”苏问,“老妇人的钱和钱包在哪里?”

‘I don’t know,’ says Dan. ‘Somebody has it. But who?’
“我不知道,”丹说,“有人拿了它。但是谁呢?”

2 TV
2 电视监控

Dan and Sue go back to the shops. ‘I don’t understand,’ Dan says. ‘The jogger hasn’t got the money so we must look for someone different.’
丹和苏回到商店那边。“我不明白,”丹说,“慢跑者没有拿钱,所以我们必须找其他人。”

‘Look,’ Sue says. ‘There’s a TV camera over that shop door. Perhaps that can help us.’
“看,”苏说,“那家商店门上方有个监控摄像头。也许它能帮我们。”

They go into the shop and watch the video.
他们走进商店查看录像。

‘Look,’ Sue says. ‘There’s the old woman. She’s getting money from the bank and putting it into her purse. Now she’s putting the purse into the bag.’
“看,”苏说,“那是那位老妇人。她从银行取了钱放进钱包。现在她把钱包放进了包里。”

‘Stop the video there,’ says Dan. ‘Now, look carefully. Is anybody watching her?’
“把视频停在那里,”丹说,“现在仔细看。有人在盯着她吗?”

‘There are a lot of people in the street,’ Sue says. ‘I’m not sure. Is it that man with the long hair?’
“街上有很多人,”苏说,“我不确定。是那个长发男人吗?”

‘Perhaps,’ says Dan. ‘Let’s go on. What happens next?’
“也许吧,”丹说,“继续播放。接下来发生了什么?”

They watch the video. The jogger runs into the old lady. He stops and helps her. She shouts at him and he runs away. Then a lot of people come and help the old lady.
他们看着视频。慢跑者撞到了老妇人。他停下来帮她。她对他大喊,他就跑开了。然后很多人过来帮这位老妇人。

‘Look!’ Sue says. ‘The long-haired man has her arm.’
“看!”苏说,“那个长发男人扶着她的手臂。”

‘Yes, but that woman has her bag,’ Dan says. ‘What’s she doing with it? Oh! I can’t see! There’s a man in front of her!’
“是的,但那个女人拿着她的包,”丹说,“她在干什么?哦!我看不见了!有个男人挡在她前面!”

‘Listen, I have an idea,’ Dan says. ‘You go to the bank tomorrow, and take some money out.’
“听着,我有个主意,”丹说,“你明天去银行取些钱出来。”

‘Why’s that a good idea?’ Sue asks.
“为什么这是个好主意?”苏问。

‘Because we can watch you,’ Dan answers. ‘Get a lot of money from the bank, and let everybody in the street see it. Take a radio too, so you can talk to me.’
“因为我们可以监视你,”丹回答,“从银行取很多钱,让街上的每个人都看到。也带上对讲机,这样你可以跟我通话。”

‘OK,’ Sue says. ‘We can do that tomorrow morning, then.’
“好的,”苏说,“那我们明天早上就这么做。”

3 Help me! Quick!
3 救命!快!

Next day Sue goes to the bank. Dan is watching with another policeman, Jim. They have radios.
第二天苏去了银行。丹和另一名警察吉姆在监视。他们都带着对讲机。

‘I’m getting the money now,’ Sue says.
“我现在正在取钱,”苏说。

‘That’s good, Sue,’ Dan says on his radio. ‘Now let everybody see it.’
“很好,苏,”丹通过对讲机说,“现在让大家都看到。”

Sue drops some money near her feet. People in the street look at her.
苏故意在脚边掉了一些钱。街上的人都看着她。

‘Look – there’s the man with the long hair!’ Jim says. ‘He’s picking up the money. Shall I arrest him?’
“看——那个长发男人出现了!”吉姆说,“他在捡钱。我要逮捕他吗?”

‘No, wait,’ Dan says. ‘Watch.’
“不,等等,”丹说,“观察一下。”

The man picks up the money and gives it to Sue. ‘Here you are,’ he says. ‘That’s a lot of money – be careful!’
那个男人捡起钱递给苏。“给你,”他说,“这么多钱——要小心啊!”

‘Thanks,’ Sue says.
“谢谢,”苏说。

‘That’s OK.’ The man smiles and walks away.
“没关系。”男人微笑着走开了。

‘Have you got all the money, Sue?’ Dan asks by radio. ‘Yes, it’s all here,’ Sue says. ‘What can I do now?’
“钱都还在吗,苏?”丹用对讲机问。“是的,都在这里,”苏说,“我现在该做什么?”

‘Buy some things in the shops, and then walk slowly down the street,’ Dan says. ‘We’re watching you.’
“在商店买点东西,然后在街上慢慢走,”丹说,“我们在盯着你。”

Sue buys some apples, milk and bread. Then she walks slowly down the street. Dan and Jim watch her go.
苏买了一些苹果、牛奶和面包。然后她在街上慢慢地走着。丹和吉姆注视着她离开。

‘Is anybody following me?’ Sue asks.
“有人跟踪我吗?”苏问。

‘No,’ Dan says. ‘There’s a woman with a baby. That’s all.’
“没有,”丹说,“只有一个抱着婴儿的女人。就这些。”

‘Don’t follow me,’ Sue says into the radio. ‘Nobody must see you. I’m turning right, into Smith Street… now I’m turning left into Peg Lane. The woman with the baby is following me… I’m turning right, into Dale Avenue.’
“别跟着我,”苏对着对讲机说,“不能让人看见你们。我正右转进入史密斯街……现在左转进入佩格巷。那个抱孩子的女人在跟着我……我正右转进入戴尔大道。”

‘Are there lots of people about?’ Dan asks.
“周围人多吗?”丹问。

‘No, it’s very quiet. Nothing is happening.’
“不多,非常安静。什么事也没发生。”

Dan and Jim wait. Then Sue shouts: ‘Be careful! Oh, help me, quick! Help!’
丹和吉姆等待着。然后苏喊道:“小心!噢,快来救我!救命!”

The jogger, Peter Jones, runs into Sue and she falls over. There are apples, milk and bread everywhere.
慢跑者彼得·琼斯撞倒了苏,她摔倒了。苹果、牛奶和面包撒了一地。

‘I’m sorry,’ says the man. ‘Let me help you.’
“对不起,”男人说,“让我扶你起来。”

The woman takes Sue’s arm. ‘Are you OK?’ she asks. ‘Go away!’ she shouts at the man.
那个女人抓住苏的手臂。“你没事吧?”她问。“滚开!”她对男人大喊。

But he sees the radio in Sue’s pocket. ‘What’s this?’ he asks. ‘A police radio? Give me the money, quick!’
但他看到了苏口袋里的对讲机。“这是什么?”他问,“警用对讲机?快把钱给我!”

He takes the money and runs.
他抢过钱就跑。

The woman wants to run after him but Sue holds her. ‘Stop!’ she says. ‘I’m a police officer. You must stay here!’
女人想追上去,但苏抓住了她。“站住!”她说,“我是警察。你必须留在这里!”

‘But why?’ the woman asks. ‘I want to help you. That man has your money – I haven’t got it!’
“为什么?”女人问,“我想帮你。那个男人拿了你的钱——我没拿!”

‘Is he your friend?’ Sue asks. ‘Where does he live?’
“他是你的朋友吗?”苏问,“他住在哪里?”

‘I don’t know,’ the woman says. ‘I don’t know him.’
“我不知道,”女人说,“我不认识他。”

‘Who are you?’ Sue asks. ‘Where do you live?’
“你是谁?”苏问,“你住在哪里?”

‘Linda… Linda Wilks. I live at 14, Old Street.’
“琳达……琳达·威尔克斯。我住在老街14号。”

4 Man with a knife
4 持刀男子

Dan runs up to Sue. ‘Are you OK?’ he asks.
丹跑到苏身边。“你没事吧?”他问。

‘Yes, I’m OK,’ she says. ‘Go on, Dan – run!’
“是的,我没事,”她说,“快去,丹——快追!”

Sue calls a police car on her radio. Dan runs after Peter Jones. ‘Jim, he’s turning left into Dock Lane!’ he shouts. ‘Can you see him?’
苏用对讲机呼叫警车。丹追赶彼得·琼斯。“吉姆,他左转进码头巷了!”他喊道,“你能看到他吗?”

‘I can see him but he’s running very fast,’ Jim says. The jogger sees Jim and gets into a boat. Jim runs to the river and gets into the boat, too.
“我能看到他,但他跑得很快,”吉姆说。慢跑者看到了吉姆,跳上了一艘船。吉姆跑到河边,也跳上了那艘船。

‘Stop!’ Jim says. ‘I’m a police officer – Oh no!’
“停下!”吉姆说,“我是警察——噢不!”

The jogger, Peter Jones, hits Jim and he falls into the water. The boat goes across the river.
慢跑者彼得·琼斯打了吉姆,吉姆掉进了水里。船驶向了对岸。

Dan helps Jim out of the water. ‘He’s going into a café,’ Dan says. ‘Come on – let’s run to that bridge!’
丹把吉姆从水里拉上来。“他进了一家咖啡馆,”丹说,“快——我们跑到那座桥上去!”

They go across the bridge and run to the café. Jim goes behind the café and Dan goes in.
他们穿过桥跑到咖啡馆。吉姆绕到咖啡馆后面,丹走了进去。

‘Is he in there?’ Jim asks on his radio.
“他在里面吗?”吉姆通过对讲机问。

‘Yes,’ Dan answers. ‘Jim – he’s coming out!’
“是的,”丹回答,“吉姆——他出来了!”

‘Stop,’ says Jim. ‘I’m a police officer.’
“站住,”吉姆说,“我是警察。”

But Peter has a knife in his hand.
但是彼得手里拿着一把刀。

Jim holds out his hand. ‘Give me the knife, Peter.’
吉姆伸出手。“把刀给我,彼得。”

‘Stay back!’ Peter says. ‘I can kill you with this.’
“退后!”彼得说,“我可以用这个杀了你。”

Jim can see Dan in the door behind Peter. Dan walks out of the door, very slowly and quietly.
吉姆能看到丹在彼得身后的门口。丹非常缓慢且安静地从门里走出来。

‘Come on, Peter,’ says Jim. ‘Give me the knife.’
“来吧,彼得,”吉姆说,“把刀给我。”

Dan takes Peter’s arms from behind, and Jim takes the knife from his hand. Dan finds the money in Peter’s trousers.
丹从后面抓住了彼得的双臂,吉姆夺下了他手中的刀。丹在彼得的裤子里找到了钱。

5 At the police station
5 在警察局

‘I want to go home now,’ says Linda. ‘My baby is hungry and tired.’
“我现在想回家,”琳达说,“我的宝宝又饿又累。”

‘Do you know Peter Jones?’ Sue asks. ‘Do you and Peter steal money from people?’
“你认识彼得·琼斯吗?”苏问,“你和彼得是不是一起偷别人的钱?”

‘No, I don’t know him. And I never steal money.’
“不,我不认识他。我也从不偷钱。”

‘Do you know this woman, Peter?’ Dan asks.
“你认识这个女人吗,彼得?”丹问。

‘No,’ says Peter. ‘I don’t know her. Who is she?’
“不认识,”彼得说,“我不认识她。她是谁?”

Dan and Sue go back to their office.
丹和苏回到办公室。

‘Does Linda work with Peter?’ Dan asks Sue.
“琳达是和彼得合伙作案的吗?”丹问苏。

‘Yes, she does,’ says Sue. ‘Watch this video. Look – there she is! She’s watching me get the money, and now she’s talking to someone on her phone.’
“是的,没错,”苏说,“看这段视频。看——她在那儿!她看着我取钱,现在她正在用手机和人通话。”

‘But who is she talking to?’
“但是在跟谁通话?”

‘She’s talking to Peter, of course. Now she’s following me and talking to him again. She’s talking about me.’
“当然是跟彼得。现在她一边跟踪我,一边又跟他通话。她在谈论我。”

Dan and Sue speak to Linda again.
丹和苏再次审问琳达。

‘Can I see your phone, please, Ms Wilks?’ Sue asks.
“威尔克斯女士,能让我看看你的手机吗?”苏问。

‘My phone? Why do you want to see that?’
“我的手机?为什么要看那个?”

‘Well, it remembers a lot of numbers.’
“嗯,它记录了很多号码。”

Sue presses 1 on Linda’s phone. Peter’s phone begins to ring. Sue laughs. ‘Let me ask you again, Ms Wilks. Do you know Peter Jones?’
苏按下了琳达手机上的数字键1。彼得的手机开始响铃。苏笑了。“让我再问你一次,威尔克斯女士。你认识彼得·琼斯吗?”

‘Well, yes, OK. I know him. But I don’t steal money.’
“好吧,是的,行吧。我认识他。但我没偷钱。”

Sue and Dan take Linda home. They go into her house.
苏和丹带琳达回家。他们走进了她的房子。

‘There’s two hundred pounds under your bed, Linda,’ Dan says. ‘And look – this is the old lady’s purse.’
“你床下有200英镑,琳达,”丹说,“还有看——这是那位老妇人的钱包。”

‘This is a nice photo of you and the baby,’ Sue says. ‘But who is the man? Is he the baby’s father?’
“这张你和宝宝的合影真不错,”苏说,“但这个男人是谁?他是孩子的父亲吗?”

‘OK, it’s Peter,’ says Linda. ‘And yes, I do steal the money. I’m sorry, OK?’
“好吧,是彼得,”琳达说,“是的,确实是我偷的钱。我很抱歉,行了吧?”

‘No, Linda, it’s not OK,’ Sue says. ‘It’s not OK at all.’
“不,琳达,这可不行,”苏说,“这一点都不行。”


yewandou

一个人要有坚强的毅力,否则他将一事无成

0 条评论

发表回复

您的邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注

蜀ICP备2025134762号 | 川公网安备51011202001092号