Mystery in London
雾都疑案
1 It is the year 1898, and you are Mycroft Pound, the famous detective.
现在是1898年,你是著名侦探迈克罗夫特·庞德。
You are sitting in your house in London, one cold November evening.
在一个寒冷的十一月夜晚,你正坐在伦敦的家中。
There is a knock at the door.
有人敲门。
It is Inspector Freewell of the London police.
是伦敦警察局的弗里威尔探长。
‘Can you come to Whitechapel, Mr Pound? We need your help.
“庞德先生,您能来一趟白教堂区吗?我们需要您的帮助。
There’s a woman in the street. She isn’t dead, but there’s blood everywhere.
街上有个女人,她还没死,但到处都是血。
We think it’s the Whitechapel Killer again.’
我们觉得又是白教堂杀手干的。”
■ You put on your coat. Go to 18.
■ 你穿上外套。前往第18节。
2 You are in Annie’s house. A woman comes in.
你在安妮的家里,一个女人走了进来。
‘Who are you? What are you doing here?’ she asks.
“你是谁?你在这里干什么?”她问道。
You tell her about Annie.
你告诉了她关于安妮的事。
‘That’s terrible,’ she says.
“太可怕了,”她说。
‘Do you know any of her friends?’ you ask.
“你认识她的朋友吗?”你问。
The woman thinks. ‘Her best friend is a woman called Rosy. She lives in Limehouse Street.
女人想了想说:“她最好的朋友是一个叫罗西的女人,住在莱姆豪斯街。
But she has a boyfriend. That’s him, there, in that picture. I don’t like him.’
但她有个男朋友,就是照片里那个人。我不喜欢他。”
■ You go back to the Rose and Crown to talk to the other people. Go to 10.
■ 你回到玫瑰与皇冠酒吧和其他人交谈。前往第10节。
■ You go to Limehouse Street to look for Rosy. Go to 35.
■ 你去莱姆豪斯街寻找罗西。前往第35节。
3 You want to get on to the Californian and talk to Jack.
你想登上“加利福尼亚号”和杰克谈谈。
■ You jump in the water and swim after the ship. Go to 8.
■ 你跳入水中游向那艘船。前往第8节。
■ You cannot swim. You think about how you can get on the ship. Go to 13.
■ 你不会游泳,于是思考如何上船。前往第13节。
4 ‘Do you know the name of the woman in the street?’ you ask the old man.
“你知道街上那个女人的名字吗?”你问那位老人。
He cannot hear you and he does not answer.
他听不见你的话,也没有回答。
■ Go to 10.
■ 前往第10节。
5 You go across the bridge, but you cannot see the Californian.
你走过桥,但没有看到“加利福尼亚号”。
There is a sailor in one of the small boats, and there is an old man fishing.
一艘小船上有个水手,还有一个老人在钓鱼。
■ You ask the sailor for help. Go to 24.
■ 你向水手求助。前往第24节。
■ You ask the old man for help. Go to 34.
■ 你向老人求助。前往第34节。
6 You talk to the young man. He comes into the street and looks at the woman.
你和那个年轻人交谈,他走到街上看了看那个女人。
‘Her name’s Annie, I think,’ he says.
“我想她叫安妮,”他说。
‘Do you know where she lives?’
“你知道她住在哪里吗?”
‘Yes. She lives in Cable Street, I think.’
“知道,我想她住在缆绳街。”
■ You go back into the Rose and Crown and talk to the other people. Go to 10.
■ 你回到玫瑰与皇冠酒吧和其他人交谈。前往第10节。
■ You go to Cable Street. Go to 30.
■ 你去缆绳街。前往第30节。
7 The captain of the Californian calls the three Jacks. Which Jack do you want to speak to?
“加利福尼亚号”的船长叫来了三个杰克,你想和哪一个谈话?
■ The Jack on the left. Go to 17.
■ 左边的杰克。前往第17节。
■ The Jack in the middle. Go to 23.
■ 中间的杰克。前往第23节。
■ The Jack on the right. Go to 31.
■ 右边的杰克。前往第31节。
8 You jump into the water and swim after the ship.
你跳进水里游向那艘船。
But the ship is going very fast.
但船开得很快。
After five minutes, the Californian is out of the London docks and going to India.
五分钟后,“加利福尼亚号”驶出了伦敦码头,开往印度。
And you are now very cold.
而你现在非常冷。
■ Go to 22.
■ 前往第22节。
9 You tell Rosy about Annie.
你把安妮的事告诉了罗西。
‘I’m Annie’s best friend,’ she says. She is crying. ‘But she has a boyfriend.’
“我是安妮最好的朋友,”她哭着说,“但她有个男朋友。”
‘Who’s he?’ you ask.
“他是谁?”你问。
‘A sailor. His name’s Jack. He’s often at her house in Cable Street.
“是个水手,名叫杰克。他经常去她在缆绳街的家。
His ship’s in the London docks now, I think.’
我想他的船现在就停在伦敦码头。”
■ You want to find Jack, so you go to the docks. Go to 14.
■ 你想找到杰克,于是去了码头。前往第14节。
■ You want to find out more about Annie so you go to her house in Cable Street. Go to 19.
■ 你想了解更多关于安妮的信息,于是去了她在缆绳街的家。前往第19节。
10 There are four people in the Rose and Crown.
玫瑰与皇冠酒吧里有四个人。
You want to ask some questions about the woman in the street. Who do you talk to first?
你想询问一些关于街上那个女人的问题,你先和谁谈?
■ You talk to the old man. Go to 4.
■ 你和老人谈。前往第4节。
■ You talk to the young man. Go to 6.
■ 你和年轻人谈。前往第6节。
■ You talk to the old woman. Go to 15.
■ 你和老妇人谈。前往第15节。
■ You talk to the young woman. Go to 28.
■ 你和年轻女子谈。前往第28节。
11 The sailor looks at you.
水手看着你。
‘Jack?’ he says. ‘There are hundreds of sailors called Jack. There’s a Jack on every ship.’
“杰克?”他说,“有几百个水手都叫杰克,每艘船上都有叫杰克的。”
You must find the name of Jack’s ship. You go to Annie’s room to look for more information.
你必须查明杰克所在船只的名字,于是你去安妮的房间寻找更多线索。
■ Go to 19.
■ 前往第19节。
12 You are in the London docks. There are hundreds of ships.
你在伦敦码头,这里有数百艘船。
You want to find the Californian and you want to catch Jack.
你想找到“加利福尼亚号”并抓住杰克。
■ You go across the bridge. Go to 5.
■ 你走过桥。前往第5节。
■ You go to the right. Go to 20.
■ 你向右走。前往第20节。
■ You go to the left. Go to 29.
■ 你向左走。前往第29节。
13 There is a bridge across the water. You go on the bridge and jump onto the Californian.
水上有一座桥,你走上桥并跳上了“加利福尼亚号”。
You go to the captain.
你去找船长。
‘There’s a man on your ship I must talk to,’ you say. ‘His name is Jack.’
“我必须和你船上的一个人谈谈,”你说,“他叫杰克。”
‘Why do you want to talk to him?’ he asks.
“你为什么要找他?”他问。
‘He’s the Whitechapel Killer, I think.’
“我认为他就是白教堂杀手。”
‘There are three Jacks on my ship,’ says the captain.
“我的船上有三个杰克,”船长说。
‘Can I see them all?’ you ask.
“我能把他们全都见一遍吗?”你问。
■ Go to 7.
■ 前往第7节。
14 You go to the London docks to look for Jack, Annie’s friend.
你去伦敦码头寻找安妮的朋友杰克。
There are hundreds of ships, and thousands of sailors. You talk to a sailor.
那里有数百艘船和数千名水手,你和一个水手交谈。
‘Do you know a sailor called Jack?’ you ask.
“你认识一个叫杰克的水手吗?”你问。
■ Go to 11.
■ 前往第11节。
15 You talk to the old woman. She comes into the street and looks at the woman.
你和老妇人交谈,她走到街上看了看那个女人。
‘Her name’s Annie,’ she says.
“她叫安妮,”她说。
‘Do you know where she lives?’ you ask.
“你知道她住在哪里吗?”你问。
‘Yes. She lives in Cable Street. I don’t know what number,’ she answers.
“知道,她住在缆绳街,但我不知道门牌号,”她回答。
■ You go back to the Rose and Crown and talk to the other people. Go to 10.
■ 你回到玫瑰与皇冠酒吧和其他人交谈。前往第10节。
■ You go to Cable Street. Go to 30.
■ 你去缆绳街。前往第30节。
16 You knock at the white door. A young woman opens the door.
你敲了敲白色的门,一个年轻女子开了门。
‘Are you Rosy?’ you ask.
“你是罗西吗?”你问。
‘Yes.’
“是的。”
‘Are you a friend of Annie?’
“你是安妮的朋友吗?”
‘Yes,’ she says.
“是的,”她说。
‘I’ve got bad news for you,’ you say. ‘I’m afraid she’s very ill.’
“我有个坏消息要告诉你,”你说,“恐怕她病得很重。”
‘No.’ Rosy starts to cry.
“不!”罗西哭了起来。
■ Go to 9.
■ 前往第9节。
17 You talk to the Jack on the left. He is not the Whitechapel Killer.
你和左边的杰克交谈,他不是白教堂杀手。
■ Go to 7.
■ 前往第7节。
18 The Whitechapel Killer attacks people with a long knife. Six women are dead because of him.
白教堂杀手用一把长刀袭击他人,已有六名女性死于他手。
You arrive in Whitechapel and the police are waiting for you there.
你到达白教堂区,警察正在那里等你。
The woman is lying in the street, near the Rose and Crown.
那个女人躺在街上,就在玫瑰与皇冠酒吧附近。
She is very ill, so she cannot talk to you.
她病得很重,无法和你说话。
You see some bicycle tracks on the road.
你看到路上有一些自行车轮胎印。
■ You follow the bicycle tracks. Go to 25.
■ 你沿着轮胎印追踪。前往第25节。
■ You go into the Rose and Crown. You want to talk to the people there. Go to 10.
■ 你走进玫瑰与皇冠酒吧,想和里面的人谈谈。前往第10节。
19 You look in Annie’s house and find a letter.
你在安妮的家里搜查,发现了一封信。
The Californian, Saturday
“加利福尼亚号”,星期六
Annie,
安妮:
Tomorrow my ship is going to India.
明天我的船就要开往印度了。
Please meet me at the Rose and Crown tonight.
今晚请在玫瑰与皇冠酒吧见我。
I have something very important for you.
我有非常重要的东西要给你。
Jack
杰克
So the name of Jack’s ship is the Californian.
原来杰克所在的船叫“加利福尼亚号”。
Is Jack the man you want? Is Jack the Whitechapel Killer?
杰克就是你要找的人吗?他就是白教堂杀手吗?
You go to the London docks to look for Jack on the Californian.
你去伦敦码头寻找“加利福尼亚号”上的杰克。
■ Go to 12.
■ 前往第12节。
20 There are a lot of ships, but you cannot see the Californian here.
这里有很多船,但你没有看到“加利福尼亚号”。
■ Go back to 12.
■ 返回第12节。
21 You knock on the blue door. An old man opens it.
你敲了敲蓝色的门,一个老人开了门。
‘I’m looking for Rosy,’ you say.
“我在找罗西,”你说。
‘She doesn’t live here,’ he says. ‘She lives in the white house, I think.’
“她不住在这儿,”他说,“我想她住在那栋白色的房子里。”
■ Go to 16.
■ 前往第16节。
22 The Whitechapel Killer is free.
白教堂杀手逍遥法外了。
Can you be a better detective next time? Try again.
下次你能做个更出色的侦探吗?再试一次吧。
■ Go back to 1.
■ 返回第1节。
23 You talk to the Jack in the middle. He is not the Whitechapel Killer.
你和中间的杰克交谈,他不是白教堂杀手。
■ Go to 7.
■ 前往第7节。
24 You talk to the sailor.
你和水手交谈。
‘Do you know a ship called the Californian?’ you ask him.
“你知道一艘叫‘加利福尼亚号’的船吗?”你问他。
The sailor looks at you. ‘I am from Russia,’ he says. ‘I do not speak English.’
水手看着你说:“我来自俄罗斯,不会说英语。”
■ Go to 5.
■ 前往第5节。
25 You follow the bicycle tracks to a bigger road, so you cannot see the tracks any more.
你沿着自行车轮胎印来到一条更大的路上,再也看不到痕迹了。
■ Go to 18.
■ 前往第18节。
26 You knock on the red door. There is no one at home.
你敲了敲红色的门,家里没人。
■ Go to 35.
■ 前往第35节。
27 There is a knife in his pocket. And there is blood on it.
他的口袋里有一把刀,上面还有血迹。
This Jack is the Whitechapel Killer.
这个杰克就是白教堂杀手。
■ Go to 33.
■ 前往第33节。
28 ‘Do you know the name of the woman in the street?’ you ask the young woman in the Rose and Crown.
“你知道街上那个女人的名字吗?”你问玫瑰与皇冠酒吧里的年轻女子。
She comes out into the street and looks at her.
她走到街上看了看那个女人。
‘I don’t know her name but she has a friend called Rosy. Ask her!’
“我不知道她的名字,但她有个朋友叫罗西,去问她吧!”
‘Where does Rosy live?’ you ask.
“罗西住在哪里?”你问。
‘She lives in Limehouse Street.’
“她住在莱姆豪斯街。”
■ You go back to the Rose and Crown and talk to the other people. Go to 10.
■ 你回到玫瑰与皇冠酒吧和其他人交谈。前往第10节。
■ You go to Limehouse Street to find Rosy. Go to 35.
■ 你去莱姆豪斯街寻找罗西。前往第35节。
29 You go to the East India Dock. You can see the Californian, but it is sailing out of the dock.
你来到东印度码头,看到了“加利福尼亚号”,但它正驶离码头。
■ You can see Jack so you try to get on the ship. Go to 3.
■ 你看到了杰克,于是试图上船。前往第3节。
■ You cannot see Jack on the ship. You can go to the hospital and talk to Annie, and you can write to the Indian police about Jack. Go to 22.
■ 你在船上没看到杰克。你可以去医院和安妮谈谈,也可以写信给印度警方告知杰克的情况。前往第22节。
30 You go to Cable Street, and talk to the people there.
你来到缆绳街,和那里的人们交谈。
After a few minutes you find Annie’s house. You look at everything very carefully.
几分钟后你找到了安妮的家,非常仔细地查看了所有物品。
■ Go to 2.
■ 前往第2节。
31 You talk to the Jack on the right.
你和右边的杰克交谈。
‘Do you know a woman called Annie?’ you ask.
“你认识一个叫安妮的女人吗?”你问。
‘No,’ he says.
“不认识,”他说。
But this Jack has an earring. And there is something in his pocket.
但这个杰克戴着一只耳环,而且他的口袋里有东西。
Is it a knife? Perhaps this Jack is the Whitechapel Killer.
是把刀吗?也许这个杰克就是白教堂杀手。
■ Go to 27.
■ 前往第27节。
32 Another good day’s work for Mycroft Pound, the great detective, finishes.
伟大侦探迈克罗夫特·庞德又出色地完成了一天的工作。
You go back to your house.
你回到了家。
No criminal is safe in London when Mycroft, the great detective, is at work.
当伟大的侦探迈克罗夫特办案时,伦敦没有任何罪犯能安然无恙。
33 The captain helps you, and you arrest the Whitechapel Killer.
船长协助了你,你逮捕了白教堂杀手。
You take him off the ship and give him to the police.
你把他带下船交给了警方。
■ Go to 32.
■ 前往第32节。
34 You talk to the old man.
你和老人交谈。
‘Do you know a ship called the Californian?’ you ask him.
“你知道一艘叫‘加利福尼亚号’的船吗?”你问他。
‘Yes,’ he says. ‘It’s going to India today, so it’s in the East India Dock.’
“知道,”他说,“它今天要去印度,所以停在东印度码头。”
You must find the East India Dock.
你必须找到东印度码头。
■ Go to 12.
■ 前往第12节。
35 You go to Limehouse Street. You are looking for Rosy, Annie’s friend.
你来到莱姆豪斯街,寻找安妮的朋友罗西。
Which house do you want to try first?
你想先去哪栋房子试试?
■ The house with the white door. Go to 16.
■ 白色门的房子。前往第16节。
■ The house with the blue door. Go to 21.
■ 蓝色门的房子。前往第21节。
■ The house with the red door. Go to 26.
■ 红色门的房子。前往第26节。
0 条评论