Come on, you can tell me.
说吧,告诉我。
I like the Molinas very much,
我很喜欢Molina一家人,
I’m sorry, Alexandra.
我为你难过,Alexandra。
Yes. I know I must seem silly.
是的,我知道我看来一定很可笑。
You really miss your family, don’t you?
你非常惦念你的家人,是吗?
I don’t know.
我也说不上来。
with photographs of my family, I cried.
连同家人照片时,我哭了。
Well, then why are you so sad?
那,那你为什么如此难过?
That’ll cheer you up.
这样会让你舒畅些。
What’s the matter?
到底发生了什么事?
It’s not like I have nobody.
我身边并非没有亲近的人。
and I love being with your family so much…
我也很喜欢和你们家在一起,…
Is something wrong, Alexandra?
Alexandra,你怎么了?
I received a letter from my parents this morning.
今天早上我收到父母一封信。
And you can use my Walkman.
你可以用我的随身听。
But I understand.
但是我能理解。
Richard and Marilyn bought it for me for my birthday.
这是Richard和Marilyn送给我的生日礼物。
I miss them.
我想念他们,
Something’s wrong.
有点不对劲。
No.
没有。
OK, let’s talk.
好吧,我们就来谈谈。
They’re so thoughtful.
他们真周到。
but when I received the letter
但是当我收到那封信
and they’re so kind to me.
他们对我真好。
The Molinas treat me so nicely,
Molina一家人对我很好,
for a cheeseburger and french fries?
吃一顿起士汉堡和炸薯条?
Robbie, this new Walkman is absolutely wonderful.
Robbie,这个新的随身听真棒。
Yes, there is.
有,你有心事,
I miss them very much.
我非常想他们。
You are very lucky, Robbie, to have such a nice family.
Robbie,你真幸运,拥有一个这样温馨的家。
Hey, why don’t we go out
嘿,我们何不出去
No, nothing.
没有,没什么。
What’s up?
有什么事?
I can tell.
我能觉察到。
Did they write some bad news?
他们写了什么坏消息吗?
I cried because I miss them all.
我哭,因为我想念他们。
Oh, you poor little thing.
可怜的小东西。
Come on in!
进来!
is no longer in service.
是空号。
Come on.
过来。
Her name’s Gemma,
它叫做Gemma
and tell the Levinsons we have their cute little spaniel.
告诉Levinson夫妇他们可爱的小猎犬在我们这里。
Robbie, maybe you should call them
Robbie,也许你应该给他们打个电话,
I have to turn off the lights,
我得关掉灯,
There’s a phone number —
有电话号码—
Yes.
是的,
What was that?
是什么呢?
Where did you come from?
你从哪里来?
I’ve always wanted a springer spaniel.
我一直想要一只激飞狗。
You’ve lost your family.
你无家可归了。
and she belongs to Mr. and Mrs. Levinson.
是Levinson夫妇家的狗。
Make yourself at home.
不要客气。
She’s so cute.
这只狗真可爱。
If they come home and they’re on…
要是他们回来看见灯开着…
A springer spaniel!
一只激飞狗!
A dog!
狗!
It sounded like a dog barking.
听起来像狗叫。
Oh, you poor, poor baby.
呵,可怜的小家伙,
I want to have fun.
我想要快快乐乐的。
He says I never turn them out when I leave.
他说我离开时从不关灯。
about your math teacher or your math homework.
你的数学老师或你的数学作业。
Come here.
过来。
We’ll find them.
我们会找到他们的。
Yeah.
对。
or else my father will get really angry.
要不然,我爸爸会很生气。
But if we go out,
但是我们出去,
Poor baby.
可怜的小东西。
The number’s no longer in service.
这个号码现在是空号。
The number you are calling — 555-8448 —
你打的电话号码555—8448
Do you hear something?
你听到什么了吗?
five five five… eight four four eight.
555…8448。
It sounded like a dog barking right here.
好像有只狗就在这里叫。
please don’t complain
你可别老抱怨
So do I.
我也想。
That’s a good idea.
好主意。
They’re still open?
他们现在还开着?
Gemma, sit.
Gemma,坐,
I’m so sad to see this little dog without her family.
看到这只狗没有家,我真难过。
And Dad called the ASPCA.
爸爸打电话给ASPCA,
the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
美国禁止虐待动物协会帮个忙。
Bye.
再见。
Thanks.
谢谢,
Hello, ASPCA.
喂,ASPCA。
So how are we going to find the owners?
那么,我们如何去找狗的主人呢?
Thank you.
谢谢,
We have two and a half hours.
还有两个半小时。
I have a lost dog I’d like to bring to you.
我这里有一只失散的狗,我想送来给你们。
I’ll bring the dog over by nine.
我在九点之前把狗送来。
Give me your paw.
把脚伸出来,
Let me see — ASPCA…
让我瞧瞧—ASPCA…
Don’t worry, Alexandra.
别担心,Alexandra。
How, Robbie?
怎么找,Robbie?
Robbie, let’s call them.
Robbie,我们给他们打电话。
Here it is.
在这里,
We’ll find the owner.
我们会找到狗的主人的。
555-7700.
555—7700。
This dog is well trained.
这只狗受过很好的训练。
They’re open until nine o’clock.
他们开到九点。
They’re the ones.
找他们没错。
Good-bye.
再见。
ASPCA Animal Shelter.
ASPCA动物收容所,
We’re open till nine P. M.
我们开到晚上九点。
Good Gemma.
乖Gemma。
Good Gemma.
乖Gemma。
Don’t worry, Alexandra.
别担心,Alexandra。
She likes you, too.
它也喜欢你。
She was caught in the branches of our tree.
被我们家树上的树枝夹住了,
Let me think.
让我想想。
Thanks.
谢谢,
Let’s take Gemma by there now.
我们赶紧把Gemma送去。
With a little help from the ASPCA,
请ASPCA
They came and solved the problem.
他们来了,也解决了问题。
They’ll find the owner.
他们会找到主人的。
I hope so.
希望如此。
We once found a cat.
我们有一次找到一只猫,
Hello, my name is Robbie Stewart.
喂,我叫Robbie Stewart,
How late are you open?
你们那里开到多晚?
She’s hard to resist.
它真是人见人爱。
at the end of the semester.
就在这个学期结束的时候。
There’s no other information.
没有其他资料。
She found us.
它跑到我们那里去的。
Where did you find the dog?
你在什么地方找到这只狗的?
Atta girl!
好女孩!
Let’s go.
我们走。
Come on, poochie.
来吧,小家伙。
And if you don’t?
要是你找不到呢?
But if they don’t, I’ll adopt her.
如果找不到,我就收养它。
She just wants love and affection.
她需要爱和关怀。
Let’s get her to the animal shelter,
我们把它送到动物收容所,
We’ll get you home.
我们会送你回家的。
You will try to find the dog’s owner.
你们会尽力去找寻狗的主人吧。
We’re off to the animal shelter.
我们这就去动物收容所。
I’m sure they’ll find the owner.
我相信他们会找到狗的主人。
Yes?
什么?
And this is Alexandra Pappas.
这位是Alexandra Pappas。
so they can find her owners quickly.
好让他们很快找到它的主人。
Your name?
你的名字?
You tried calling the number on the collar?
是否照狗脖子上项圈的电话号码打过电话了?
No ID number.
没有识别号码吗?
I’d like to keep her, too.
我也愿意收留它。
Oh, we’ll try, believe me.
哦,我们会想办法,相信我。
Your address?
你的住址?
But I’ll be going home to Greece
但是我就要回希腊去了,
It’s not easy being away from home.
离家独闯不容易。
Look at those eyes.
你看它的眼睛。
And there’s no address on the dog tag?
牌子上没有地址?
Don’t you just love her?
你能说你不喜欢它吗?
Without that, it’s hard.
没有就难办了。
If you don’t… can I… can I adopt the dog?
要是你们找不到狗的主人,我可否…,我可否收养这只狗?
Your name will do, Mr. Stewart.
你的名字就够了,Stewart先生。
46 Linden street, Riverdale.
Riverdale,林登街46号。
Yes, but the number’s no longer in service.
打过,但那个号码是空号。
She’s so cute.
它真逗人喜欢。
Don’t worry, Gemma.
别担心,Gemma。
Robbie Stewart.
Robbie Stewart。
Come on, Robbie.
走吧,Robbie。
You really want to?
你真想要这样做?
If you want to adopt an animal,
如果你想收养动物,
We want to be sure that you’re responsible
我们要确定你是肯负责的,
Friends, teachers…
朋友,老师…
Unfortunately, no.
很遗憾,没有。
To have a friend — a pal.
想要一个朋友—一个伙伴。
People we know?
我们认识的人?
I love cats.
我喜欢猫。
then you can apply for adoption.
你就可以申请收养它了。
about your family background.
关于你的家庭背景的。
OK.
好,
It’s not difficult.
这不难。
You know, man’s best friend is his dog.
你知道的,人类最好的朋友就是狗。
References?
备询人?
We need to talk to some people about you.
我们得向一些人打听你。
Yes, I’m serious.
是的,我是真心的。
Have you ever owned an animal?
你是否曾养过动物?
If the owners don’t claim the dog in forty-eight hours,
如果狗的主人在四十八小时内不认领,
We had a cat when I was eight years old.
我八岁时养过一只猫,
And one thing more.
还有一件事。
Anything else?
还有别的事吗?
and that you can take good care of an animal.
而且能够好好照料动物。
We need to know about your history with animals.
我们要了解你以前与动物的关连。
How do I do that?
我该办什么手续呢?
first we need to know some references.
首先,我们得知道你们有哪些备询人。
If no one comes to claim Gemma,
如果没有人来认领Gemma,
Just to hold it and cuddle with it.
只不过想抱抱它、搂搂它。
your reasons for wanting an animal.
你要养动物的原因。
We also like to know
我们还想知道
Why, yes.
当然可以。
I’d like to adopt her.
我愿意收养它。
Then you have to fill out this form
然后你要填写这份表格,
Just to have as a pet.
只是要养来当宠物。
No, there’s more.
不,还有。
Yes.
是的。
Is that it?
就这些啦?
Do you have any animals now?
你现在还养着什么动物吗?
I love animals.
我喜欢动物。
After forty-eight hours.
四十八小时后。
Bye.
再见。
I know.
我知道。
I keep thinking about the dog — about Gemma,
我一直在想那只狗—Gemma,
Thanks again.
再次谢谢你。
Her eyes look so sad.
它的目光那么忧郁。
I’ll be back with them.
我会带他们来。
Then an adult must sign for you.
那就必须有一位成年人来替你签字。
My parents will think it’s a good idea.
我的父母会觉得这是件好事。
We are.
我们是。
They’re very kind to the animals.
他们照料动物很细心的。
I mean about her being alone.
我是指它很孤单。
Maybe the real owners will come to claim her.
也许狗的主人会来认领它的。
If you’re under twenty-one years of age…
如果你还不到二十一岁…
I see you’re both animal lovers.
我看得出你们都是喜爱动物的人。
Good-bye, and thanks for bringing Gemma in.
再见,谢谢你们把Gemma送来。
the dog is just fine.
那只狗会很好的。
But I promise you, Alexandra,
但是,我向你保证,Alexandra,
Good-bye, Miss Aborn.
再见,Aborn小姐。
Are you ready, Alexandra?
你想好了吗,Alexandra?
But please call first.
不过,请你先打电话。
No problem.
没问题。
She must really miss them.
她准是很想主人。
We’ll call in a couple of days.
我们两叁天后给你打电话。
she’s still alone, without her family.
它仍是孤单单的,找不到家。
That’s me.
我就是这种情况。
Yes, I’m ready.
是的,我想好了。
Thanks for your information and for being so helpful.
谢谢你的帮助和提供的讯息。
I’ll have the chef’s salad, please.
我要主厨沙拉。
Nice talking to both of you.
很高兴与两位交谈。
Even if they are kind to Gemma,
即使他们对Gemma很好,
I know they are.
我知道他们会。
Uh-oh.
啊哈。
It’s my pleasure.
我很愿意效劳。
Bye.
再见。
Ready, folks?
可以点菜了吗,两位?
alone in the animal shelter.
独自在动物收容所里。
If the real owners don’t come to claim Gemma…
如果狗的主人没认领Gemma…
Yes, Linda.
是的,Linda。
That’s OK.
没有关系。
to pick up the dog.
把狗领回去了。
The bad news is, you won’t be able to adopt the dog.
坏消息是,你不能收养那只狗了。
Is Robbie Stewart there?
Robbie Stewart在吗?
Hello.
你好。
The good news is that the Levinsons have come by
好消息是Levinson夫妇已来这儿
about finding homes for the animals?
为动物寻个家。
Anything to drink?
要喝点什么吗?
Who’s this?
你是谁?
I’ve got some great new dance music.
我有几卷很好的新舞曲。
This is Linda Aborn from the animal shelter.
我是动物收容所的Linda Aborn。
Aren’t you surprised
你不觉得很讶异吗?
Thanks.
谢谢。
Stewart residence.
Stewart家。
Hello.
喂。
Hey, I wanted you to hear my new sound system
嘿,我正想让你听听我的新音响
I will have a cheeseburger, medium rare,
我要一份起士汉堡,五分熟,
Come by one day and look at some of the other dogs.
有空来一趟,看看其他狗。
Salad dressing?
沙拉要什么调味酱?
It’s Linda from the animal shelter.
是动物收容所的Linda。
And a cheeseburger, medium rare,
一份起士汉堡,五分熟,
A diet cola, please.
一份健怡可乐。
We have good news and bad news, Robbie.
我给你带来了好消息和坏消息,Robbie。
This is he.
我就是。
Hi.
嗨。
And a ginger ale with lots of ice.
一份姜味汽水,加很多冰块。
and then we’ll go back to my house.
然后回到我家。
No, I’m not.
不,我不觉得。
I want you to hear my new tapes.
我给你听我的新录音带。
Oh?
噢?
when the dog scratched on the front door.
当那狗在抓前门时。
with onion and french fries.
附加洋葱和炸薯条。
that the animal shelter is so careful
动物收容所需要如此小心
I’ve got it.
我都记下了。
Ginger ale with lots of ice for me, thank you.
姜味汽水,多加些冰块,谢谢。
with raw onion, and french fries, please.
加生洋葱,和炸薯条。
Let’s finish eating,
我们赶紧吃完,
I’m glad for the dog.
我真替那只狗高兴。
That’s right.
对的。
Come on.
来吧,
Bye.
再见。
The owners claimed Gemma?
主人把狗领回去了吧?
Thanks, Robbie.
谢谢,Robbie。
I’m sure there’s one for you.
我相信会有你喜欢的。
I guess I am, too.
我想我也一样。
Thanks, Linda.
谢谢,Linda。
she’ll help me find another dog.
她会帮我另外找一只狗。
And the Levinsons thank you for bringing their dog to us.
Levinson夫妇也谢谢你把他们的狗送来。
She said if I come by,
她说,如果我去一趟,
Let’s dance.
咱们跳舞。
0 条评论