Then Jack and Annie climbed down the ladder.
然后,杰克和安妮一起爬下梯子。
Jack rolled up the ancient scroll. He tucked it into the corner. “We solved the first riddle,” he said. “Three more to go.”
杰克把古纸卷卷起来,放在角落里,说,“我们找到了第一个谜语的谜底,但还有三个谜底在等着我们呢!”
No time at all had passed since they’d left. Day was breaking.
自从他们离开以后时间就好像停住了,现在天刚亮。
“You know, we should have found the answer to the riddle right away,” said Jack. “The oyster was on the reef all along.”
“知道吗,我们本来一开始就能发现谜底的。”杰克说,“牡蛎一直在礁石上。”
“That’s okay,” said Jack. “I think I need to rest — and dry out.”
“那样也好。”杰克说,“我想我也需要休息一下,把身上弄干了。”
They left the woods and started down their street.
他们离开树林,沿街走去。
They walked through the woods, through leafy shadows and golden light.
他们穿过树荫和金色阳光交错的树林。
“And this needs to dry out, too,” said Annie. She put the wet ocean book in a patch of sunlight.
“这个也需要晾干。”安妮说。她把浸湿的海洋书放在阳光下。
“Fun?” said Jack. “You call being squeezed by an octopus and chased by a shark fun?”
“有趣吗?”杰克说,“你认为被章鱼捏死和被鲨鱼穷追有趣吗?”
His T-shirt and shorts were still soaked. His backpack, too. Only his shoes and socks were dry.
他的 T恤衫和短裤还是湿漉漉的,背包也是一样。只有他的鞋袜是干的。
“I don’t see another scroll,” said Annie. “Maybe tomorrow we’ll get the next riddle.”
“我没发现还有其他的纸卷呀。”安妮说,“也许明天我们会拿到另一个谜语吧。”
Dawn light slanted into the tree house.
黎明的曙光斜照进树屋。
“I know, but we wouldn’t have had so much fun,” said Annie.
“我知道,但这样我们九不会有这么多有趣的经历了,”安妮说。
Jack smiled. “Right,” he said. “The dolphins made up for everything. They were fun.”
杰克笑了,说,“是啊,海豚使一切都变得值得了。它们的确有趣。”
“Don’t forget the dolphins,” Annie said simply.
“别忘了还有海豚呢。”安妮简单回了一句。
“I guess they were the true pearl in the oyster,” said Annie.
“我觉得它们就像牡蛎里真正的珍珠一样。”安妮说。
“Yep…” said Jack. “I wonder what Sam is doing right now.”
“没错。”杰克说,“不知道山姆现在在干什么?”
“Sam?” Annie grinned at him. “You’re nuts,” she said.
“山姆?”安妮咧嘴冲杰克一笑,说,“你别傻了!”
They climbed their steps and went into their house.
他们走上楼梯,进了家门。
“We’re back!” Annie shouted.
“我们回来了!”安妮大声喊道。
“Not one bit,” called Jack. Then he and Annie slipped up the stairs to change their clothes.
“一点都没湿。”杰克喊道,然后与安妮一起溜回自己的房间,换衣服去了。
“Did you get your shoes wet?” their mom called.
“你们没把鞋弄湿吧?”妈妈大声问。
0 条评论