And the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington.

还有位于华盛顿的甘乃迪表演艺术中心。

getting the album published?

才能让摄影集出版吗?

Well, it won’t be easy.

嗯,不很容易。

I think you have got it, Richard.

我想你已完成了,Richard。

And the others. I do have it all.

还有其他的。我确实拍齐了。

I think I’ve got them.

我想我已经拍齐了。

And Carnegie Hall.

还有卡奈基音乐厅。

And the Music Center in Los Angeles.

还有位于洛杉矶的音乐中心。

Oh, yes! Harvey Carlson! I remember.

噢,是的!Harvey Carlson!我记得。

Performing arts — performing arts centers.

表演艺术——表演艺术中心。

and he really liked my concept.

而且他真的喜欢我的想法。

You have been working on this for some time, Richard.

你从事这工作已有一段时间了,Richard。

the New York City Ballet, the New York Philharmonic.

纽约市芭蕾舞团、纽约爱乐的大本营。

I’m glad you feel you’ve finally put it all together.

我很高兴你终于就绪了。

Now for the hard part.

现在到了最难的部分。

I think I’ve got them all, but I’m not sure.

我想我都已经拍齐了,但我不能肯定。

Oh, you think you’re going to have a hard time

你认为需要大费周章?

What now?

下一步呢?

Lincoln Center, home of the Metropolitan Opera,

林肯中心——大都会歌剧团

You think you’ve got what?

你想你已经拍齐了什么?

Shubert Alley, center of the theater on Broadway.

Shubert Alley——百老汇戏剧中心。

Does the name Harvey Carlson ring a bell?

你对Harvey Carlson这个名字有印象吗?

So, what do you think you’re going to do?

那么你打算怎么办呢?

What are you doing?

你在干什么?

He’s the publisher of the Carlson Publishing Company.

他是Carlson出版公司的老板。

He said I should call him.

他说我可以打电话给他。

He said they need a new book of photographs,

他说他公司需要一本新的摄影集,

Seven after nine? No. I’m sure he’s in his office.

九点零七分?不会太早的。我肯定他到办公室了。

Five, five, five, seven, five, three, two.

5557532。

He told me to call him about my project,

他叫我打电话给他,跟他谈我的作品计划——

And your name is…?

请问你的名字是…?

Come on. Let’s get some sleep.

走吧,让我们去睡觉吧。

My name is Richard Stewart.

我的名字是Richard Stewart。

Family Album, U. S. A.

「美国写真集」。

Mr. Stewart, I just spoke to Mr. Carlson.

Stewart先生,我刚刚与Carlson先生通了话。

I think you should show it to Mr. Carlson.

我觉得你应该给Carlson先生看看。

Is it too early to call Mr. Carlson?

现在打电话给Carlson先生会不会太早了?

One moment, please.

请等一下。

His number is five, five, five, seven, five, three, two.

他的号码是5,5,5,7,5,3,2。

Mr. Carlson is busy at the moment. May I help you?

Carlson先生现在正忙着呢。我可以为你效劳吗?

I guess they’re trying to set up an appointment for me.

我猜他们正设法给我安排晤谈。

I’d like to make an appointment with him.

我想跟他约个晤谈时间。

He would like to see you.

他想见你。

He’s going to love your work.

他一定会欣赏你的作品的。

Do you think I have enough to show him?

你觉得我有足够的照片给他看吗?

Hello. Mr. Carlson, please.

哈罗,请找一下Carlson先生。

I’ll call in the morning and set up an appointment to see him.

我明天早上就打电话给他,跟他约个时间去看他。

You’re right. My Family Album, U. S. A. feels right.

你说的对。我的「美国写真集」不赖。

And now that you’re satisfied with the performing arts section,

而且既然你对表演艺术这部分很满意,

What’s going on?

怎么样了?

It’s quite complete.

已经相当齐全了。

So, why don’t you call him in the morning?

那么你为何不明天早上打个电话给他?

I’ve been through every section with you, Richard.

我和你一起检视过每个部分,Richard。

He’s ready for you, Mr. Stewart.

他可以见你啦,Stewart先生。

Well, it’s done. Tomorrow morning at a publisher’s office.

好了,事情办成了。明天早晨要到出版社老板的办公室。

This is a crazy morning. Hello, Richard.

这是一个忙得头昏的早晨。哈罗,Richard。

I’m here to see Mr. Carlson.

我来见Carlson先生。

Oh, it’s so exciting, isn’t it, Richard?

噢,这太令人兴奋了,是不是,Richard?

OK. Thank you.

好,谢谢。

Come in, come in.

进来,进来。

Good morning. My name is Richard Stewart.

早安。我叫Richard Stewart。

Please sit down, Mr. Stewart.

请坐,Stewart先生。

Thank you.

谢谢你。

but Richard Stewart is here

但Richard Stewart正在这儿

Excuse me, Mr. Carlson,

对不起,Carlson先生,

Yes, Mr. Carlson. Yes, sir.

是的,Carlson先生。好,先生。

Like I said, he’ll be with you shortly.

正像我所说,他不久就可以与你会面。

Thank you.

谢谢你。

But the only time he’s available this week

但这星期他有空的时间只有

Thanks. Thanks a lot. Good-bye.

谢谢。非常感谢。再见。

Good morning.

早安。

Thank you for seeing me on such short notice.

谢谢您这样快就安排见我。

Hello, Mr. Carlson.

哈罗,Carlson先生。

Yes. In there. Good luck.

是的,在那里面。祝你好运。

is tomorrow morning at ten o’clock.

明天早上十点。

Well, finally a publisher will see my work.

好了,终于有一个出版商要看我的作品了。

for his ten o’clock appointment with you.

等着十点钟与你的晤谈。

Sit down, sit down.

请坐,请坐。

Thank you. In there?

谢谢你。在那里面吗?

I see that you have. Let’s get right to it.

我看到你带来了。我们就直接谈正事了。

and a book of photos about the United States still feels right.

而一本关于美国的摄影集仍然很有前景。

We need a new coffee-table book,

我们需要一本可以摆在客厅的书,

I hope you’ve brought your pictures along.

我希望你带了你的照片一起来。

Mr. Carlson will be with you shortly.

Carlson先生不久就可以见你。

I do, but…

我确实喜欢,但是…

the places they visit, and the landmarks.

他们所去的地方,以及地标等等。

These are wonderful —

这些好得很——

Good. Very good. Family Album, U. S. A.

不错,很不错。「美国写真集」。

A photographic journey.

一次透过摄影作品的旅行。

Richard, if you go out

Richard,假如你去

the places, the people — mostly the people.

美国的一些地方、人民——大部分是人。

In the section on culture,

在文化这部分,

Well, I’d describe it as a book which is a…

嗯,我会把这本书形容一幅…

and you’ve got to do one more thing.

而且你还要做一件事。

these photos in your performing arts section.

你这些表演艺术中心部分的照片。

but you’ve left out street performance. The mimes.

但你忽略了街头表演。幽默剧演员啦、

I’m glad you like them.

我很高兴你喜欢它们。

and photograph street performances in the city,

拍摄城市里的街头表演,

you’ve included performing arts centers,

你拍了表演艺术中心,

a portrait of the United States —

一幅美国的剪影——

You’re a terrific photographer.

你是一名出色的摄影师。

There’s something missing. You’ve got a good eye, Richard.

少了些东西。你有艺术眼光,Richard。

But before I can publish your work,

但在我出版你的书之前,

What’s that, Mr. Carlson?

什么事,Carlson先生?

The things they do, the ways they live,

他们所做的事情、他们的生活方式、

OK, let’s take a look.

好了,让我们来看一看。

The musicians. The dancers — in the parks and on the streets.

音乐家啦、在公园或街头跳舞的人啦。

I need to meet with my marketing department,

我需要跟我的行销部门商量一下,

how would you do it?

你怎么说?

If you had to describe the book in one sentence,

假如要你用一句话来描述这本书,

But?

但是?

It’s an excellent title.

这是个绝妙的书名。

Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center.

卡奈基音乐厅、林肯中心。

If they’re as good as the rest of these pictures, it’s a deal.

假如它们跟这里其馀的照片一样好的话,我们的交易就成了。

The pictures you’ve taken are fabulous, Richard.

你拍的照片太精采了,Richard。

Monday morning.

星期一早晨。

I’m going to show him the photos on Monday morning.

我要在星期一早晨给他看这些照片。

You won’t be disappointed, Mr. Carlson. Thanks.

我不会让你失望的,Carlson先生。谢谢。

I’ve never been more serious.

我从来没有比现在更认真了。

The performing arts centers and the street performances.

表演艺术中心及街头表演。

Good-bye.

再见。

If you do it, I’ll publish your work.

假如你拍好了,我就出版你的作品。

I can’t wait!

我简直迫不急待!

That is a great idea.

这是个好主意。

I’ll do it.

我会去办。

I’m very proud of you. You really did a beautiful job.

我真以你为傲。你真的拍得很漂亮。

Two weeks. I said I could do it in two weeks, and I did it.

两周。我说过我两周就能完成,现在我做到了。

Mr. Carlson will love them.

Carlson先生会喜欢的。

So if you like the street-performance photos,

这么说,假如你喜欢街头表演的照片,

you’ll have it.

那你就大功告成了。

Go to work. Good-bye.

去工作吧。再见。

When I say something, I mean it.

我说的一定会兑现。

you’ll really publish Family Album, U. S. A.?

你真的会出版「美国写真集」啦?

Good-bye, Mr. Carlson. Thanks.

再见,Carlson先生。谢谢。

A couple of weeks.

两、叁个星期吧。

Good-bye, Richard, and good luck. See you in two weeks.

再见,Richard,祝你好运。两周后见。

Yeah. I really did do a good job, didn’t I?

是的,我确实拍得不错,对不对?

When do you think you can return with street performances?

你觉得何时可以带来街头表演艺术的摄影?

Are you serious?

你说真的吗?

I know he will love the new photographs for your book.

我相信他会喜欢你为你的书所拍的这些新照片。

And I want you to meet the people in the art department.

我也希望你与美编部的人见见面。

I’m so glad you like them so much.

你这样喜欢它们,我真是太高兴了。

Thanks.

谢谢。

Richard! I haven’t brushed my hair.

Richard!我头发都没有梳。

and an advance payment waiting for you

和预付稿酬等你来,?

Terrific!

妙极了!

Thanks.

谢谢。

This is sensational!

太令人激赏了!

In about half an hour. Why?

大约半个小时。为什么问这个?

I’ll have a contract

我会准备好一张合同

Fabulous!

太精采了!

Really?

真的吗?

Thanks.

谢谢。

Oh, that’s wonderful! That’s wonderful!

噢,真是美极了!真是美极了!

You.

你。

I can’t wait to tell Marilyn!

我迫不及待地想告诉Marilyn。

Hey, you know? There’s still some film left on this roll,

嘿,你知道吗?这一卷还有一些底片,

I would like to introduce you to your editor.

我来介绍你认识这本书的编辑。

They get better and better.

它们越来越好。

and there’s one person I haven’t photographed in a long time.

而有一个人我已经很久没为她拍照了。

What a job! Good work, Richard!

你拍得很棒!好作品,Richard!

When do you think we’ll be through?

你认为我们什么时候能完毕?

And while you’re here,

趁你现在在这里,

Absolutely.

绝对是真的。

Yeah. Thanks.

真的?谢谢。

You do. You do. There’s a book here.

当然,当然。书要出版。

Thanks a lot.

非常感谢。

Like them? They represent your best work.

何止喜欢?它们代表了你最佳的作品。

Thank you.

谢谢你。

It’s not fair, Richard. I’m not even ready.

这样不公平,Richard。我甚至一点准备都没有。

Well… what do you think? Do I have my book?

那么——你看怎么样?我的书可以出版吗?

You look great!

你看起来很棒!

I’ll set up an appointment with the marketing people.

我会与行销部的人安排一次会谈。

first thing in the morning.

这是我明天早上的第一件事。

Who?

谁呀?

Wonderful!

好极了!


yewandou

一个人要有坚强的毅力,否则他将一事无成

0 条评论

发表回复

您的邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注

蜀ICP备2025134762号 | 川公网安备51011202001092号 | 网站地图