Squeak.

吱吱。

Annie pointed to the short ninja. “We gave the message to him.”

安妮指着矮个子忍者说,“我们把那个信条给他了。”

The ninja master.

是忍者头头。

The master stared at Jack and Annie.

头目凝视着杰克和安妮。

The mouse poked its head out of Annie’s pouch.

小老鼠把脑袋从安妮的口袋里钻了出来。

“Sit,” he said.

“坐吧。”他说。

“Where do you come from?” the master asked.

“你们从哪来?”头头问道。

The back of the cave was lit with dozens of candles. Shadows danced on the walls.

山洞里面点了很多的蜡烛,人影在墙上跳动着。

The master stared at the mouse for a moment. Then he looked at Jack. “Who are you?” he asked.

忍者头目盯着小老鼠看了一下,然后看着杰克问道:“你们是谁?”

“Why are you here?” he asked.

“你们来这里干什么?”他问。

“It’s okay, Peanut,” said Annie.

“没事的,花生。”安妮说。

“You mean, you gave the message to her,” said the ninja master. “And she has given it to me.”

“你是说,你把留言给了‘她’。”忍者头目说,“她已经把它给我了。”

Jack and Annie sat on the cold, hard floor.

杰克和安妮坐在了冰冷坚硬的地上。

“Frog Creek, Pennsylvania,” Annie answered.

“宾夕法尼亚的蛙溪镇。”安妮说。

The ninja bowed to the master. Then he stepped to one side.

矮个子忍者向他们的头目鞠了一躬,然后他就站到了一边。

Jack and Annie went into the cave. They followed the ninja through the darkness.

杰克和安妮于是走了进去,他们跟着矮个子忍者在黑暗中穿行。

“We’re trying to help our friend Morgan le Fay,” said Jack. “She left us a message.”

“我们试图帮助我们的朋友摩根·拉菲。”杰克说,“她给我们留了一个信儿。”

“I’m Jack and that’s my sister, Annie,” Jack answered.

“我是杰克,她是我妹妹安妮。”杰克回答道。

In the flickering light, Jack saw a dark figure sitting on a woven mat.

在闪烁的烛光中,杰克看见一个黑色的身影坐在一张布毯上。

“Yes, our family is at war with them,” said the master. “We must leave before they find us.”

“没错,我们的组织正在与他们进行战争。”那头目说,“我们必须在他们找到我们之前离开。”

“But what about helping Morgan?” said Annie.

“可是那帮助摩根的事怎么办?”安妮说。

Just then the tall ninja appeared. He made a sign to the master.

就在这时那个高个子忍者出现了,他向忍者头头做了一个手势。

“No, there is no place for you where we are going. You must find your way back to your house in the trees.”

“不行,我们去的地方你们可不能去,你们必须自己找到回树屋的路。”

“Yes. You must go alone. And beware of the samurai.”

“没错。你们必须自己走,小心那些武士。”

“Samurai?” said Jack. He knew that the samurai were fierce Japanese fighters.

“武士?”杰克说,他知道日本武士是一群极其凶狠的斗士。

“Why?” said Jack.

“为什么?”杰克说。

The master held up Morgan’s note. “Perhaps I can help you,” he said. “But first you must prove yourselves worthy of my help.”

头头举起摩根的留言,“也许我可以帮你们。”他说,“但是首先你们要证明你们确实值得我帮助。”

The woman ninja’s eyes sparkled. Jack thought she might be smiling.

那个女忍者的眼神闪烁了一下,杰克想她可能是在笑吧。

“Were they the ones in the valley?” Jack asked. “The ones with the torches?”

“是在山谷中的那些人吗?”杰克问道,“拿着火把的那些人?”

“We must go now,” he said. “The samurai are close.”

“我们现在必须走了。”他说,“武士们来了。”

The master strapped on his sword.

忍者头头把他的剑绑在身上。

“I have no time now,” he said. “I must go.”

“我现在没有时间了。”他说,“我得走了。”

“Can’t we go with you?” said Annie.

“我们不能和你们一起走吗?”安妮说。

The master stood up. He handed Morgan’s note to Annie.

那头目站了起来,他把摩根的留言递给了安妮。

“Alone?” said Jack.

“我们自己?”杰克说。

“She?” said Jack and Annie together.

“她?”杰克和安妮同时说道。

“But you have seen the way of the ninja. You can practice it yourselves now,” said the master.

“不过你们已经见过了忍者的行动方式,现在你们也可以自己锻炼一下了。”忍者头头说。

The two ninjas led Jack and Annie out of the cave, into the moonlight.

两个忍者把杰克和安妮带出了山洞,重新又回到月光下。

Jack and Annie were all alone.

只剩下杰克和安妮两个人。

“H-how?” said Jack.

“怎…怎么锻炼?”杰克说。

“Remember three things,” said the master.

“记住三件事。”忍者头目说。

Jack looked at her. “You can?” he said.

杰克看着她,“你能?”他说。

“Use nature. Be nature. Follow nature.”

“利用自然,融入自然,跟着自然。”

Before he could ask, the master bowed. Then he disappeared into the shadows.

他还没来得及问,那头目鞠了一躬然后就消失在阴影里了。

“What?” said Jack.

“什么?”杰克说。

“They will think you are one of us,” said the master. “They will ask you no questions. They will show you no mercy.”

“他们会认为你们是我们中的一员。”头头说,“他们不会问你们任何问题,也不会对你们有一点仁慈之心。”

The master turned to Jack. “Your tree house lies to the east. That is the way you must go,” he said.

头目转向杰克说:“你们的树屋在东边,你们必须朝那边走。”

How? wondered Jack. How do we find the east?

怎么走?杰克迟疑着,我们怎么找到东边?

“Yikes,” whispered Annie.

“我的妈呀!”安妮悄悄地说。

The tall one pointed at the pine forest. Then they too disappeared into the darkness.

高个子忍者指了指松树林,于是他们也消失在黑暗中了。

“I can do that!” Annie said.

“我能做到!”安妮说。


yewandou

一个人要有坚强的毅力,否则他将一事无成

0 条评论

发表回复

您的邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注

蜀ICP备2025134762号 | 川公网安备51011202001092号 | 网站地图